SkyscraperCity Forum banner

A BUMPER CROP OF BALTIMORE BUILDINGS!

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  fanofterps 
#1 ·
I took a few hikes around downtown Baltimore since the first of the year and photographed some of the new construction. That harbor soil sure is fertile and things are popping up all over. Below are the results going from East to West.

Canton Crossing is nearing completion. One of the two tower cranes has been removed.

Inner Harbor East has 3 residential buildings currently under construction. The tallest will be the Vue (center crane) and it will top out at 30 stories. The other 2 will be between 12 and 20 stories tall.

The Four Seasons Hotel and Condo complex will be starting soon in this neighborhood. It will consist of twin 22 story towers and will be next to the water where the short white building is on the right in the below photograph.

The Ritz Carlton will be 7 stories tall and they are now dinging the basement garage as you can see.

The Pier Homes are being constructed on old piers that jut out into the harbor. The views from them are indeed worth $4,500,000, which is what the end one sold for. That’s the one with the steel frame visible.

414 Water Street is now under construction. I expect the cranes to go up soon. If you look on top of the garage, you can see scaffolding being put up. The 2nd Picture is what the building will look like when complete. A residence on the 30th floor will be my new shack!

The Brandenburg building in the old shopping district is getting a facelift.

The Able building, which is near the Brandenburg, is being converted to condominiums.

The Zenith is going to be a 21 story very expensive apartment house

This site will be a mid-rise boutique hotel.

And lastly, The American Visionary Arts Museum is expecting a new resident!

See less See more
#8 ·
Whats up guys !? ,, well , i live in baltimore , and i just realized of this forum , mostly spend all my time in latinscrapers , but anyway ! ,, i like all the new construction in Baltimore ,, they should build taller buildings , but we are getting there , so just gotta be patient ,, and i also heard that a 20 - something stories Hilton hotel was gonna be built here in balto , and i think its gonna be located right in front of the Marriott on Fleet St ,, any of you guys know something about it !? ,, well ,, now that i know of this forum , i'll come visit it more often , and i'll try to post some pictures of baltimore and its surroundings !

#9 ·
wada_guy said:
The Able building, which is near the Brandenburg, is being converted to condominiums.

[/IMG]
I have heard lots of talk about plans for the Abel Building for quite a long time now, but there never seems to be any action. How firm are plans for it now? Any kind of schedule that you know of?

#10 ·
Abel Building

The time frame to start construction seems like 1 Light Street and 300 East Pratt or 10 years. With the convention center hotel, Zenith and Boutique hotel all starting constrction, it seems like there will be a need from some more residential/retail on Eutaw to support the new conventions. Hopefully, something will start soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.