SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Baltimore's Harbor is Reborn Again: Harbor East and Harbor Point

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  StevenW 
#1 ·
So the question is; if you had 22 acres of land right on the Baltimore Harbor, what would you do with it? Well right now Streuver Brothers, Eccles, and Rouse (www.sber.com) Is answering that question.

Unless you've regularly followed the Baltimore Development Page here, you might not have heard about Harbor East and Harbor Point. In my opinion, these are two of the most significant projects since the redevelopment of the inner harbor.

When finished, this formerly industrial site directly next to the Inner Harbor will be transformed into 2040 hotel rooms, 2.5 million square feet of Class A office space, 2000 Luxury residential units, and 1 million square feet of retail space. They are reforming Aliceanna street into something akin to Newbury Street in Boston. All in all this is super exciting!!

http://www.harboreast.com
http://www.harboreast.com/leasing/harboreast_brochure.pdf

Harbor East Project Map

Artist conception of project when done:

Four Seasons Hotel:

Harbor Point as seen from Fells Point

Harbor Point (look at all that Park space!)

Currently the project is about half way there. The Marriot was completed a few years back and is already a Baltimore landmark skyscraper. They recently completed construction on Spinaker Bay. They have just started working on 800 Aliceanna and will break ground on the Four Seasons Hotel shortly. Here are a few pictures that I swipped from another member on the forum (thanks jeremai!!)

The Marriot Hotel:

Whole Foods with Spinaker Bay in the background

Harbor Point as seen from Harbor East

Waterfront Promenade:

So whats this waterfront view worth to you :)

See less See more
#4 ·
I honestly think it'll be a mix of the two. J Crew, Abercrombie and Lacoste types will certainly be there, but I think this new district is going to cater to the LV, Burberry, Armani and Prada types too. I thinking (hoping) that developers will lure the Gaps and J. Crew's to the Westside though and let the real upscale retailers have Harbor East.

This is a truly remarkable project though. It and the Westside will change the city as we know it.

#8 ·
Nice project. How many highrises are going up in this?

#10 ·
DarkFenX said:
Nice project. How many highrises are going up in this?
Not too many talls, lots of infill development though. The Four Seasons Hotel and Residences will build two towers (one 28 floors and one 17 floors, I think), there's another 28-floor or so tower being constructed between the Whole Foods and the 32-story Marriott. For the most part buildings will range between 10-15 floors or so.

#12 ·
That Aliceanna St. 29 story tower will probably end up being the tallest, somewhere around 330 ft. or so, I believe. The other towers will be in the terrible 200's. :D ;)
I'd love to see a 500 footer and a 600 footer in that mix. :) Either way, this development will add so much urban density and make the skyline MUCH more impressive. Plus, don't forget about Canton, not to far from the Harbor Point. :D
The skyline is moving EAST! ;)

#13 ·
It's amazing the redevelopment of city centers there in the east. People actually WANT to live in flats and condos in mid to high rise blocks. Here in the west, the emphasis is on single-family with a yard homes. But I feel great about Baltimore's redevelopment, it will no longer be the but-of-jokes in the east.

#14 ·
Did anyone else see the ABC Nightline special on housing prices tonight? Baltimore was featured and it basically put all the discussions held here in a nutshell. They talked about how the housing prices were shooting through the ceiling and how rapidly to-be renovated buildings were being auctioned off. It was pretty interesting. It's too bad that we really can't have the best of two worlds that easily: gentrified neighborhoods without driving out the poor or elderly.I really hope more high rises will keep demand under control.

#15 ·
jaysonjaz said:
So the question is; if you had 22 acres of land right on the Baltimore Harbor, what would you do with it? Well right now Streuver Brothers, Eccles, and Rouse (www.sber.com) Is answering that question.

Unless you've regularly followed the Baltimore Development Page here, you might not have heard about Harbor East and Harbor Point. In my opinion, these are two of the most significant projects since the redevelopment of the inner harbor.

When finished, this formerly industrial site directly next to the Inner Harbor will be transformed into 2040 hotel rooms, 2.5 million square feet of Class A office space, 2000 Luxury residential units, and 1 million square feet of retail space. They are reforming Aliceanna street into something akin to Newbury Street in Boston. All in all this is super exciting!!

http://www.harboreast.com
http://www.harboreast.com/leasing/harboreast_brochure.pdf

Harbor East Project Map

Artist conception of project when done:

Four Seasons Hotel:

Harbor Point as seen from Fells Point

Harbor Point (look at all that Park space!)

Currently the project is about half way there. The Marriot was completed a few years back and is already a Baltimore landmark skyscraper. They recently completed construction on Spinaker Bay. They have just started working on 800 Aliceanna and will break ground on the Four Seasons Hotel shortly. Here are a few pictures that I swipped from another member on the forum (thanks jeremai!!)

The Marriot Hotel:

Whole Foods with Spinaker Bay in the background

Harbor Point as seen from Harbor East

Waterfront Promenade:

So whats this waterfront view worth to you :)
SSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR renderings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY impressive!!!!!! can't wait to see it all go up!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.