SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Baltimore County Development News

305K views 906 replies 93 participants last post by  rockin'.baltimorean 
#1 ·
Perhaps this is the start of something big. Great Idea, Jeremai!

http://www.whalenproperties.com/promenade.php

The Promenade will include:
  • 4,800 feet of frontage on southbound I-695
  • Direct accessibility from 2 beltway interchanges (Wilkens Ave. exit 12, Frederick Rd. exit 13)
  • 460,000+ SF of Retail/Restaurant
  • 250,000+ of Class "A" office space
  • 250+ residential units
  • 2 hotels
  • Health Club
  • Recreational Facilities (indoor playing fields)
  • Arts Cinema
  • National bookstore

[/QUOTE]

See less See more
#109 ·
Any money received for transportation should be used for upkeep of the current beltway (and expanded to 4 lanes in some places), but most of the money should be used to expand mass transit METRO RAIL lines. The beltway isn't growing past 4 lanes. Even if it would help, there is no more room to expand it! Getting people walking also promotes economic development along walking routes.

#110 ·
You're right about the beltway. The walls that have been installed in some places are a not-so-subtle reminder that that's as big as the road is going to get. I think there's one minor expansion round left and that will mainly be on and off ramps. Since there's no current plans for a successor to 695, it will be decades before anything can happen that might replace it and by then hopefully there will be seriously different modes of transportation available.

#134 ·
Construction begins on housing in Middle River

Construction has begun on Renaissance Square, a 196-home development in Middle River that includes senior housing, Baltimore County officials said yesterday. The developer, Enterprise Homes, has secured financing for the project, which will include 115 townhouses and detached homes priced from $225,000 to $375,000. Help with closing costs and down payments will be available on some homes. Evergreen, the senior housing component to be built by Bozzuto Construction, will include 81 one- and two-bedroom apartments. Enterprise and partner Mark Building Co. were selected by county officials last fall as the master developer of the 17-acre site on Back River Neck Road and Old Eastern Avenue, on the former site of Kingsley Park Apartments.

Source: The Baltimore Sun

#138 ·
^^Not very far from the dam. It's on Cromwell Bridge road in between Sanders Corner restaurant and Loch Raven high (closer to Sanders Corner and on the same side of the road). I remember Sanders as a decent restaurant, although I haven't been in years, they had great milk shakes too.

#142 ·
Not really... it sits right on Cromwell Bridge rd. near the road that the actual dam is on (forgot that street name). The back of the restaurant actually looks out towards the dam, but you can't see it. When they open up the "gates" on the dam you can see the "overflow" water as it forms a sort of river heading towards Cromwell Bridge rd.