search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Transportation

Transportation Trains, planes and automobiles.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 15th, 2017, 02:47 PM   #1861
HenryX

Likes (Received): 392

And then there were two.

Source: @CrossingWatchin

Gobillino, davo wade liked this post
HenryX está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2017, 05:15 AM   #1862
Yardmaster
Registered Melbourne

Likes (Received): 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2 View Post
Quite a big shutdown coming up for the Dandenong line in less than a fortnight, entire line beyond Westall closed for 6 days including four weekdays. Might see some decent progress happening on the Noble Park section in that time.

Seems a bit illogical to me IMO to close the line during four weekdays then re-open it in time for a 3-day weekend, would have thought the weekday commuter traffic was more important than people going to watch an infernal AFL game

Not level crossing related I think but I suspect this full weekday closure next Monday will catch out a few unaware
Thank you for that: L2: I hadn't actually picked up on it.

Although I'm a Westie, I do actually use this corridor a number of times each year, since I have descendants who live far on the other side of Bairnsdale.

The work seems to have progessed quite rapidly since the last time I went under that crane at or about Murrumbeena ... now, with a little more foresight, trains would have been redirected from Hughesdale to East Malvern while this was happening ... obviously on a pre-planned grade-separated route.
Yardmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 01:55 PM   #1863
Pakenhamtrain

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Quite a big shutdown coming up for the Dandenong line in less than a fortnight, entire line beyond Westall closed for 6 days including four weekdays. Might see some decent progress happening on the Noble Park section in that time.
By the looks of it Dandenong will have a bit of activity. 2 big substations(one near the South Gippy the other near the bus depot.) to be connected and a bit of overhead to be redone. I wouldn't be surprised if they commission the crossover and new bit of track and associated signalling at the Cranbourne line junction.
Pakenhamtrain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 03:12 PM   #1864
L2
Train to bintang land

Likes (Received): 345

Melton Highway, Sydenham taken today. Only mobile phone pics as I was only there because I was shopping nearby.

Random observations:

- No footpath or access across the line on the south side, quite a significant detour.
- Looks like a lot has been done already but it's deceiving compared to the scale of the bridge.
- Niceish weather this afternoon for once, quite a rare event. Has been a pretty shithouse September here.
- Looked like something was going to go down at Watergardens station about 5:15pm, multiple gangs of youths facing off like they were about to brawl, security from the shopping centre hanging around but keeping their distance. Thankfully my train was coming so I didn't get to see what happened

Random bonus photo. How often do you see Telecom Australia hanging around these days?

Eco-rat liked this post
L2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 12:34 AM   #1865
davo wade

Likes (Received): 31

I spent a bit of time around the CD9 corridor over the weekend. To the east of the Grange road crossing at Caulfield there are big piers with MASSIVE steel tops. I should have grabbed a photo whilst I was there, but it was very impressive. The Centre road crossing at Clayton is also coming along nicely.

Eco-rat liked this post
davo wade no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 07:24 PM   #1866
Drunkill
Lord Melbourne

Likes (Received): 989

The big steel beam ontop of the pylons marks the end of where the crawler will lay beams, on the west side of that huge steel box is where the tracks then join up on the one side of the existing line and go downhill, those beams will be raised by cranes I imagine.

They will be laying 1 segment a night from Tuesday to Thursday according to a facebook post from LXRA, from 7pm onwards each night. I guess they'll alternate up and down tracks each night.

davo wade liked this post
Drunkill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 01:13 AM   #1867
SurfRail
Yemeni Ambassador

Likes (Received): 1595

Quote:
Random bonus photo. How often do you see Telecom Australia hanging around these days?
You'd love Mt Isa, they have a bunch of PMG Dept signs around.

Victor P. Taffa
SurfRail no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 08:45 AM   #1868
HenryX

Likes (Received): 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkill View Post
They will be laying 1 segment a night from Tuesday to Thursday according to a facebook post from LXRA, from 7pm onwards each night.
Nearly right.

Quote:
This week, Tuesday to Saturday, we'll be installing one span each night from 7.30pm, weather permitting.
HenryX está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
mandurahboyz