search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast

Southeast TX, OK, LA, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, KY
ŧ Development News | Atlanta | Florida | Miami | Nashville | Orlando | Tampa Bay | Texas



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:25 PM   #81
spencer114
Registered User
 
spencer114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,638
Likes (Received): 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Word to the wise: an atheist does not want to get into a numbers game with religionists regarding oppression and killing.
Umm I think that you mixed up atheist and religionists. Surely it was your intent to write...

"Word to the wise (BTW, thanks for calling me wise): a religionsist does not want to get into a numbers game with atheists regarding oppression and killing."
spencer114 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:27 PM   #82
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5502

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
Umm I think that mixed up atheist and religionists. Surely it vwas your intent to write...

"Word to the wise (BTW, thanks for calling me wise): a religionsist does not want to get into a numbers game with atheists regarding oppression and killing."
Utter nonsense of the sort I'd expect from a doctrinaire atheist. Atheistic regimes probably killed 150-million in the Twentieth Century alone.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:29 PM   #83
spencer114
Registered User
 
spencer114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,638
Likes (Received): 443

You don't seriously believe that the "scriptures" have remained unchanged since the first draft do you?

Nah, you couldn’t believe that. I don’t even know you but I’m willing to bet that you are much smarter than that.
spencer114 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:32 PM   #84
spencer114
Registered User
 
spencer114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,638
Likes (Received): 443

I can make up numbers too. In the 14th century, religious regimes killed 8 trillion people.
spencer114 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:35 PM   #85
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5502

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
You don't seriously believe that the "scriptures" have remained unchanged since the first draft do you?

Nah, you couldn’t believe that. I don’t even know you but I’m willing to bet that you are much smarter than that.
Typically, Bible-believers hold to the faith that the scriptures have remained largely unchanged over time.

Typically, atheists hold to the faith that the scriptures have largely changed over time.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:36 PM   #86
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5502

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
I can make up numbers too. In the 14th century, religious regimes killed 8 trillion people.
Well, if you believe that religious folks killed 8 trillion in the 14th Century alone, then I should be able to believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old without getting ridiculed.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:45 PM   #87
spencer114
Registered User
 
spencer114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,638
Likes (Received): 443

I would hope that we both get ridiculed for making such claims
spencer114 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:48 PM   #88
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5502

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
I would hope that we both get ridiculed for making such claims
I have to watch you every minute, don't I ?
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:25 PM   #89
Pfeuffer
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eurasia
Posts: 1,929
Likes (Received): 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
What do you mean you don't believe in anything ? You've just confessed to me that you believe that God is in you. You're a religious nutter!
I donīt have to believe cause I know !!
I got enlightened !
Your silly mind is an obstacle to see the truth. Your mind is your ego so
itīs not easy to get out off it. Your mind is too small to see the truth.
The only way to find god is beyond your mind.
Thatīs all I want to say here.
My profession: teacher of meditation, buddhism, taoism, Zen, Vipassana,
Kundalini and Nadabrahma.
Pfeuffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:30 PM   #90
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
You see ? This is why I don't do rope-a-dope apologetics anymore. The atheist doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt because as soon as one argument is addressed ... he's off and running to the next argument. In his evasion, he never seems to punch himself out.
And by addressing an argument you mean quoting Bible? Logic is undeniable there.
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:30 PM   #91
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeuffer View Post
I donīt have to believe cause I know !!
I got enlightened !
Your silly mind is an obstacle to see the truth. Your mind is your ego so
itīs not easy to get out off it. Your mind is too small to see the truth.
The only way to find god is beyond your mind.
Thatīs all I want to say here.
My profession: teacher of meditation, buddhism, taoism, Zen, Vipassana,
Kundalini and Nadabrahma.
You're sounding more and more religious by the minute. You're creeping me out, dude.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:32 PM   #92
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
And by addressing an argument you mean quoting Bible? Logic is undeniable there.
Not that there is anything wrong with quoting the Bible, since the Bible is under attack and thus, ought to have a say in the matter. Nonetheless, did I once quote the Bible in addressing your argument ? I rather thought I was employing logic.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:35 PM   #93
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Typically, Bible-believers hold to the faith that the scriptures have remained largely unchanged over time.

Isn't Bible (NT) nothing more than collection of bunch of people's rant about Jesus or end of world? Same goes for OT. I hope no one is going to tell me that John and Matthew were God's nick name. We do know that bunch of Gospels were not deemed fit for the book.

Quote:
Typically, atheists hold to the faith that the scriptures have largely changed over time.
Not all. Koran never has. Doesn't change anything. Oh shoot, Bible is the only real deal. Says so on the first page
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM   #94
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Not that there is anything wrong with quoting the Bible, since the Bible is under attack and thus, ought to have a say in the matter. Nonetheless, did I once quote the Bible in addressing your argument ? I rather thought I was employing logic.
You said something about Jesus healing someone in Bible? Since Bible is the real deal, who came up with it anyways?
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:39 PM   #95
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
You don't seriously believe that the "scriptures" have remained unchanged since the first draft do you?
First draft?First draft of NT or first draft of revelations?
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:43 PM   #96
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
Isn't Bible (NT) nothing more than collection of bunch of people's rant about Jesus or end of world? Same goes for OT. I hope no one is going to tell me that John and Matthew were God's nick name. We do know that bunch of Gospels were not deemed fit for the book.



Not all. Koran never has. Doesn't change anything. Oh shoot, Bible is the only real deal. Says so on the first page
Your argument (if you ever had one) is degenerating. Clearly, Matthew, Mark, et.al., were men just like you and I. They never came close to claiming deity. No Christian that I know of has ever claimed that the Bible fell from Heaven.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:44 PM   #97
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
You said something about Jesus healing someone in Bible? Since Bible is the real deal, who came up with it anyways?
Well, since I'm not allowed to let the Bible speak for itself, I guess we're at an impasse.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:47 PM   #98
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Your argument (if you ever had one) is degenerating. Clearly, Matthew, Mark, et.al., were men just like you and I. They never came close to claiming deity. No Christian that I know of has ever claimed that the Bible fell from Heaven.
Oh yes. Atheists are the dogmatic ones here. Isn't Bible the word of GOD? Then why are men writing it? Was Jesus an uneducated bum? Why isn't there a Jesus chapter? Sorry I digress. You already have given so many points to support your argument..

Last edited by chuck_nbc; January 21st, 2010 at 08:54 PM.
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:50 PM   #99
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
Oh yes. Atheists are the dogmatic ones here. Isn't Bible the word of GOD? Then why are men writing it? Was Jesus an uneducated bum? Why isn't there a Jesus chapter. Sorry I digress. You already have given so many points to support your argument..
You mean if I found out that spencer114 had you type these very words, that they wouldn't be his words ?
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:51 PM   #100
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Well, since I'm not allowed to let the Bible speak for itself, I guess we're at an impasse.
That's the strength of your argument? By that logic Koran is right too. So are other holy books. Hell DC comics proves that superman exists. I can see how this is going.
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu