search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast

Southeast TX, OK, LA, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, KY
» Development News | Atlanta | Florida | Miami | Nashville | Orlando | Tampa Bay | Texas



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:53 PM   #101
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
You mean if I found out that spencer114 had you type these very words, that they wouldn't be his words ?
and how do you know that? Did you see it? Any real evidence? Do you believe anything your are told? Is that it? Should I just take your word for it?
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:54 PM   #102
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5501

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
That's the strength of your argument? By that logic Koran is right too. So are other holy books. Hell DC comics proves that superman exists. I can see how this is going.
The strength of my argument is in showing that you have no argument and are just a Little Lord Fauntleroy stomping his feet.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:55 PM   #103
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5501

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
and how do you know that? Did you see it? Any real evidence? Do you believe anything your are told? Is that it? Should I just take your word for it?
Obviously, I don't believe everything I'm told. For example, you told me that you had an argument.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:58 PM   #104
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
The strength of my argument is in showing that you have no argument and are just a Little Lord Fauntleroy stomping his feet.
Is that so? Is that how your prove the dogma of atheists.

your logic:

1) Bible is the word of God. Says so in the book.
2) Why God didn't write it? Says so in the book. Others wrote the word of God.
3)...


But remember that's only for Bible. Koran is fake even if it follows the same story as bible. Why? Because it says so in Bible!
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:59 PM   #105
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Obviously, I don't believe everything I'm told. For example, you told me that you had an argument.
Okay So you only believe the pure, unadulterated BS. Sure.
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:59 PM   #106
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5501

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
Is that so? Is that how your prove the dogma of atheists.

your logic:

1) Bible is the word of God. Says so in the book.
2) Why God didn't write it? Says so in the book. Others wrote the word of God.
3)...


But remember that's only for Bible. Koran is fake even if it follows the same story as bible. Why? Because it says so in Bible!
Do you realize that all you're doing is clenching your fists and stomping your feet and running from one whiny objection to the next ?
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:03 PM   #107
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Do you realize that all you're doing is clenching your fists and stomping your feet and running from one whiny objection to the next ?
Do you realize that you are coming off as a 50 year old man who cannot accept the fact the he should have kept his mouth shut in first place instead of trying to act like a smart ass since he absolutely has no clue about the topic. Ofcourse you can always quote the Bible!
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:22 PM   #108
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5501

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
Do you realize that you are coming off as a 50 year old man who cannot accept the fact the he should have kept his mouth shut in first place instead of trying to act like a smart ass since he absolutely has no clue about the topic. Ofcourse you can always quote the Bible!
But then you'd just accuse me of quoting the Bible!
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:01 PM   #109
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
But then you'd just accuse me of quoting the Bible!
Chill out grandpa You have already convinced me with your circular logic. I mean who would have thunk that one can prove a book's validity by quoting the same book. You did. Darn s$##$# Jews/Muslims. Only if they knew this secret.
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:05 AM   #110
eweezerinc
President of Catan
 
eweezerinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Louisville/Los Angeles
Posts: 2,282
Likes (Received): 11

Chuck, I think you need to stop speaking on the matter beacuse it sounds as though you know very little to nothing about the Bible. You can't say you hate pickles without having tasted a pickle first... catch my drift?

In general, I'm just not sure why people feel so threatened by religion and the Bible. The level of hostility is very disturbing to me. I am a Catholic, but I will never tell another man he is wrong for being a Jew. He was raised Jewish, I was raised Catholic, and that's that. If you're an atheist, I say great. Why is everyone so tied up in the frenzy of proving that those who have faith are a just a bunch of jackasses?
__________________
Alas, earwax!
eweezerinc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:08 AM   #111
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5501

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
Chill out grandpa You have already convinced me with your circular logic. I mean who would have thunk that one can prove a book's validity by quoting the same book. You did. Darn s$##$# Jews/Muslims. Only if they knew this secret.
Firstly, wouldn't a grandpa be wiser than a whiny kid ? Why, yes he would.

Secondly, I haven't even begun to employ circular logic because I knew you'd whine about. So, instead, I'm watching you shift your grounds for justification.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:27 AM   #112
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Or as I see it, all I was getting was BS. Still am.


Originally Posted by chuck_nbc

My question to you would be: why bible? Why not Koran? Pray tell. One fairy tale is as good as another one for me. Jumping from actual creator of universe to Bible is a pretty giant leap and Christians take that jump as if that's the most obvious thing to do. So again, why Bible? Why not all jump to Koran?

Your reply:

You see ? This is why I don't do rope-a-dope apologetics anymore. The atheist doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt because as soon as one argument is addressed ... he's off and running to the next argument. In his evasion, he never seems to punch himself out.




Funny thing..I have yet to see the argument you actually settled! It's my fault really. Religion (not God) as it's core is based on nonsense. You can only settle the argument with more BS.
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:56 AM   #113
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5501

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
Or as I see it, all I was getting was BS. Still am.


Originally Posted by chuck_nbc

My question to you would be: why bible? Why not Koran? Pray tell. One fairy tale is as good as another one for me. Jumping from actual creator of universe to Bible is a pretty giant leap and Christians take that jump as if that's the most obvious thing to do. So again, why Bible? Why not all jump to Koran?

Your reply:

You see ? This is why I don't do rope-a-dope apologetics anymore. The atheist doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt because as soon as one argument is addressed ... he's off and running to the next argument. In his evasion, he never seems to punch himself out.




Funny thing..I have yet to see the argument you actually settled! It's my fault really. Religion (not God) as it's core is based on nonsense. You can only settle the argument with more BS.
It's hard to envision a 'settled argument' with you since you simply jump from one argument to another. You're not really fooling anyone, you know ?

If [email protected] lopped off your right arm, and regrew it, you'd then stomp your feet and demand that he increase the length of your ***** to 5".
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:00 AM   #114
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
It's hard to envision a 'settled argument' with you since you simply jump from one argument to another. You're not really fooling anyone, you know ?

If [email protected] lopped off your right arm, and regrew it, you'd then stomp your feet and demand that he increase the length of your ***** to 5".
Just settle this and I am done. I don't care much about your ***** fetish

I just want to know how we jump from God to Bible. Why Bible?

Again so that we have no misunderstanding, why Bible?
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:07 AM   #115
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5501

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
Just settle this and I am done. I don't care much about your ***** fetish

I just want to know how we jump from God to Bible. Why Bible?

Again so that we have no misunderstanding, why Bible?
Hey, I knew that if I typed '*****' I'd probably get any number of forumers here excited.

The Christian community has long generally-held that the Bible serves as God's enscripturated revelation to mankind. In other words, many of the Bible-writers attest that they are recording the words and thoughts of God.

But that's just part of the picture. As another poster pointed out, there are many ways of knowing. Many reasons why people believe as they do.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:15 AM   #116
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Hey, I knew that if I typed '*****' I'd probably get any number of forumers here excited.

The Christian community has long generally-held that the Bible serves as God's enscripturated revelation to mankind. In other words, many of the Bible-writers attest that they are recording the words and thoughts of God.

But that's just part of the picture. As another poster pointed out, there are many ways of knowing. Many reasons why people believe as they do.
I am listening. Do tell me about something that can convince me besides what Christians feel. Muslims, Hindus, Jews...have similar feelings and "stories".
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:20 AM   #117
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5501

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
I am listening. Do tell me about something that can convince me besides what Christians feel. Muslims, Hindus, Jews...have similar feelings and "stories".
Are you saying that everything is relative ? If we are, then would you say that your views are relative as well ?
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:33 AM   #118
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Are you saying that everything is relative ? If we are, then would you say that your views are relative as well ?
I am saying why Christians think they know everything when their proof is as ridiculous as Muslims.


"The Christian community has long generally-held that the Bible serves as God's enscripturated revelation to mankind. In other words, many of the Bible-writers attest that they are recording the words and thoughts of God."


If this is all it took! We all know Muslims are way more convinced about holiness of Koran than Christians are about Bible. You cannot just a pick a book out of dozen books on same topic and claim that this is the correct one based of vague beliefs and ideas.
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:41 AM   #119
Dale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9,169
Likes (Received): 5501

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
I am saying why Christians think they know everything when their proof is as ridiculous as Muslims.


"The Christian community has long generally-held that the Bible serves as God's enscripturated revelation to mankind. In other words, many of the Bible-writers attest that they are recording the words and thoughts of God."


If this is all it took! We all know Muslims are way more convinced about holiness of Koran than Christians are about Bible. You cannot just a pick a book out of dozen books on same topic and claim that this is the correct one based of vague beliefs and ideas.
But what about your claims of knowledge ? Don't you claim to know that Christianity is bullshit ? And isn't this because you see different religions making exclusive claims and thus you reason that they're all relative ? Well, why are they relative whereas your knowledge is absolute ? How do we know you're not a bullshitter ? Why should we believe as you do ? And why do religious people get all the homework assignments ?
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:51 AM   #120
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass
 
chuck_nbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,338
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
But what about your claims of knowledge ?
Koran and Bible spew same knowledge, just a bit rehashed.
Quote:
Don't you claim to know that Christianity is bullshit ?
I claim to know all of them are BS since all of them claim to know it all.

Quote:
And isn't this because you see different religions making exclusive claims and thus you reason that they're all relative ?
Why not? I have yet to see someone actually pull God out of a believer's arse.


Quote:
Well, why are they relative whereas your knowledge is absolute ?
Coz I have read them all. I don't claim to know it all. But I do claim to know these books very well.

Quote:
How do we know you're not a bullshitter ?
And atheists are the problem here! When you cannot actually justify something, just accuse others!! I guess it works well for you.

Quote:
Why should we believe as you do ?
We? Oh Dale. I thought you were agnostic. Now you are coming of as a Bible thumper. Fine, don't believe me. Just don't crazy next time when I don't go gaga over a miracle.

Quote:
And why do religious people get all the homework assignments ?
Because they claim to know where my soul will go. I don't claim to know where their soul will go (if it even exists).


Don't come of as sad old angry man, Dale. If you don't know the answer, just don't answer.
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu