search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast

Southeast TX, OK, LA, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, KY
» Development News | Atlanta | Florida | Miami | Nashville | Orlando | Tampa Bay | Texas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:00 AM   #121
Dale

Likes (Received): 5501

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_nbc View Post
Koran and Bible spew same knowledge, just a bit rehashed.

I claim to know all of them are since all of them claim to know it all.

Why not? I have yet to see one actually pull God out of a believers arse.

Coz I have read them all. I don't claim to know it all. But I do claim to know these books very well.

'

And atheists are the problem here. When you cannot actually justify something, just accuse others!! I guess it works well for you.

We? Oh Dell. I thought you were agnostic. Now you are coming of as a Bible thumper. Fine, don't believe me. Just don't crazy next time when I don't go gaga over a miracle.

Because they claim to know how my soul will go. I don't claim to know where their soul will go (if it even exists).

Don't come of as sad old angry man, Dale. If you don't know the answer, just don't answer.
As far as I can see, you spew the same knowledge I see on amateur, atheist websites.

You seem to be a bit of a know-it-all yourself. For example, you seem to know that the God of the Bible would have been more believable had he regrown a limb.

Since you seem to be blowing things out of your ass, I don't see why God couldn't pull himself out of a believer's ass (although I don't think that's his style).

And why am I the one who's on the hot seat ? I say, so's you're old man. Proof cuts both ways. I'm tired of answering questions about my position. Since you're obsessing with proof, you prove your position.

Finally, I don't even believe in the 'soul.' That's just another one of your caricatures.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:06 AM   #122
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
As far as I can see, you spew the same knowledge I see on amateur, atheist websites.

You seem to be a bit of a know-it-all yourself. For example, you seem to know that the God of the Bible would have been more believable had he regrown a limb.

Since you seem to be blowing things out of your ass, I don't see why God couldn't pull himself out of a believer's ass (although I don't think that's his style).

And why am I the one who's on the hot seat ? I say, so's you're old man. Proof cuts both ways. I'm tired of answering questions about my position. Since you're obsessing with proof, you prove your position.

Finally, I don't even believe in the 'soul.' That's just another one of your caricatures.

Move on Dale. Your pathetic attempts are just wasting bandwidth now. If I am the know it all, why are you still blowing stuff from your you know where. You are on hot seat because you obviously tried to pass yourself as an expert on subject you don't know jack about and now you are mad because you cannot take the heat.

World does not revolve you Dale. So I really don't care what you believe.
chuck_nbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:08 AM   #123
SPQR
Demi god

Likes (Received): 1236

SPQR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:14 AM   #124
Dale

Quote:
Move on Dale. Your pathetic attempts are just wasting bandwidth now. If I am the know it all, why are you still blowing stuff from your you know where. You are on hot seat because you obviously tried to pass yourself as an expert on subject you don't know jack about and now you are mad because you cannot take the heat.

World does not revolve you Dale. So I really don't care what you believe.
This is usually the way it ends - been there, done that, got the T-shirt. The atheist comes swaggering in with stock arguments, and the Christian doesn't come-to-heel. The atheist then spits and sputters and runs away hurling insults over his shoulder.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:15 AM   #125
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
Peanut gallery today, SPQR ?

BTW, why 'SPQR' ? I thought you were Italian for the longest time.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:15 AM   #126
krazeeboi

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
No where in your argument there is any evidence that Jesus as mentioned in bible was real. Yes, there might have been a real Jesus, a great man, a preacher and someone just made up all the "old" stories around him to make him look more. There is no historical information regarding him being in anyway related to God or being of virgin birth or any miracle he ever performed. It's funny that you easily call other "virgins births" fake and Jesus's the real deal. Ah the blind faith.
Of course there are. They are the gospels.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:16 AM   #127
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass

Quote:
This is usually the way it ends - been there, done that, got the T-shirt. The atheist comes swaggering in with stock arguments, and the Christian doesn't come-to-heel. The atheist then spits and sputters and runs away hurling insults over his shoulder.

I doubt that Einstein could have convinced a believer. I am rather ordinary.
And the Shadow fell upon the Land, and the World was riven stone from stone. The oceans fled, and the mountains were swallowed up, and the nations were scattered to the eight corners of the World. The moon was as blood, and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the World. And him they named Dragon.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:16 AM   #128
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeeboi View Post
Of course there are. They are the gospels.
So what? They teach you gospels in history books now?
And the Shadow fell upon the Land, and the World was riven stone from stone. The oceans fled, and the mountains were swallowed up, and the nations were scattered to the eight corners of the World. The moon was as blood, and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the World. And him they named Dragon.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:19 AM   #129
krazeeboi

Quote:
What a Joke. If anything, "believers" are the most "materialistic" people I have ever seen. Quoting the nutjob congressman from SC , YOU LIE. Christianity and money go hand in hand in America. So stop making things up. Try this nonsense amongst your like minded buddies.
That is not what I mean by "materialism." You could have at least asked for clarification of what I meant if you were unsure, because the definition you gave doesn't even logically fit with what I was trying to say. I would hope that you could at least give me that much credit, especially since you don't know me personally.

And can we at least be civil in this conversation? I have no idea why the fangs come out when you try to have a relatively intelligent discourse about religion and spirituality on the part of some atheists/agnostics. There's no need to accuse me of "making things up," especially when you misinterpreted what I was saying. Calm down dude.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:22 AM   #130
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass

Quote:
That is not what I mean by "materialism." You could have at least asked for clarification of what I meant if you were unsure, because the definition you gave doesn't even logically fit with what I was trying to say. I would hope that you could at least give me that much credit, especially since you don't know me personally.
Please stop using the vague words then? How many meanings are attached to "materialism", anyways?
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:23 AM   #131
Dale

Why is the believer belittling other believers ?
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:29 AM   #132
krazeeboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
Krazee, you and Dale asked for examples of fables that predated Christianity but are passed off as Christian.
Those are not "passed off" as Christian. There may be some similarities, but there are major differences as well. And again, the claims of each must be examined on their own merits. It is my position that the gospels contain historically accurate information about Jesus of Nazareth and that the same cannot be said about other writings which have other religious figures as their subjects.

Quote:
That's what I provided. Each of these "gods" predate Jesus. In my view the story of Jesus is no less /no more valid than any other in the history of religion.
Based on what? You cannot simply throw out the Jesus story just because a few elements are similar with other stories which you consider without a doubt to be fables. I mean you can, but that's not sound reasoning whatsoever.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:31 AM   #133
SPQR
Demi god

Quote:
Peanut gallery today, SPQR ?

BTW, why 'SPQR' ? I thought you were Italian for the longest time.
I don't know, I like rome?

And yes, this is very entertaining, waiting for chuck's head to explode.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:32 AM   #134
Dale

The atheists who worship Osiris because they think he can beat up Jesus fail to make a crucial distinction: yes, the mythological character Osiris predates Jesus. No, most of the alledged 'striking parallels' do not.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:34 AM   #135
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
I don't know, I like rome?

And yes, this is very entertaining, waiting for chuck's head to explode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:36 AM   #136
krazeeboi

Quote:
So what? They teach you gospels in history books now?
The history of Christianity is taught in history books, and mention is made of the gospels as primary literature about Jesus of Nazareth.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:36 AM   #137
SPQR
Demi god

Quote:
That's what I had in mind.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:39 AM   #138
SPQR
Demi god

Quote:
The atheists who worship Osiris because they think he can beat up Jesus fail to make a crucial distinction: yes, the mythological character Osiris predates Jesus. No, most of the alledged 'striking parallels' do not.
I don't understand why people try to make the jesus story a complete ripoff of some other mythology. while there are similarities they're all unique and there is no reason to think that they're all clones of another religion.

What makes me curious though is why did it took god so long to bring religion into this world, at least 100k years.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:40 AM   #139
chuck_nbc
Kiss my shiny Metal ass

Quote:
Those are not "passed off" as Christian. There may be some similarities, but there are major differences as well. And again, the claims of each must be examined on their own merits. It is my position that the gospels contain historically accurate information about Jesus of Nazareth and that the same cannot be said about other writings which have other religious figures as their subjects.

I hope you are not claiming to be a know it all kind of guy

As long it's your "believe", it's all good. Don't try to pass it as universal fact.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:42 AM   #140
krazeeboi

Quote:
Please stop using the vague words then? How many meanings are attached to "materialism", anyways?
If you know the meaning of "empirical," you should have known what was meant by "materialism," especially since we're talking philosophically here. Context clues, my friend.

At any rate, here's what I meant by materialism:

Quote:
In philosophy, the theory of materialism holds that physical matter is the only reality and that all phenomena can be explained as results of matter.