Runways
ID Dimensions Surface PCN ILS
05/23 9842 x 148 feet ASP 073FCWT YES

Navaids
Type ID Name Channel Frequency Distance From Field Bearing From Navaid
4 DAO DAVAO 058X 112100
5 DAO DAVAO 364000

Supplies/Equipment
Fuel Jet A1+, Jet A1 with icing inhibitor.
100/130 octane gasoline, leaded, MIL-L-5572F (GREEN)
80/87 octane gasoline, leaded, MIL-L-5572F (RED)
fuel remarks:

* PPR, (NC-A1, AvGas, Petron Fuel Deopt)

Remarks
Type Detail
CAUTION Use extreme ctn, hill 145' AMSL, 1500' fr thld of Rwy 05.
CSTMS/AG/IMG CSTMS, IMG, PN rqr.
LGT Rwy 05 PAPI GS, 3.3
RSTD Two-way rdo rqr. No tight 180 turns on rwy.

Runway 05 Submit Correction
Surface ASP: Asphalt, Asphaltic Concrete, Tar Macadam, Or Bitumen Bound Macadam (including Any Of These Surface Types With Concrete Ends).
HEADING 49.0
Latitude 07° 07' 00.03" N
Longitude 125° 38' 07.76" E
Elevation 93.0
Slope 0.0°
Landing Distance 9842 feet
Takeoff Distance 10235 feet
Lighting Systems HIRL - High Intensity Runway Lights
A2 - SALS or SALSF
PAPI - Precision Approach Path Indicator

Runway 05 ILS
Type Dme Glide Slope Localizer
Name
Freq U 331400M 109100M
Channel 028X
Glide Scope Angle 3.09
LCZR / GS Location 01261 +00841
Locator / Marker
Elevation U U U
ILS / MLS Category 1
NAVAID ID IDAO IDAO
NAVAID Type
ILS Bearing Course 50.0
LCZR Width 3.70
Threshold Crossing Height 50
ILS / DME Bias 0.2

Runway 23
Surface ASP: Asphalt, Asphaltic Concrete, Tar Macadam, Or Bitumen Bound Macadam (including Any Of These Surface Types With Concrete Ends).
HEADING 229.0
Latitude 07° 08' 03.74" N
Longitude 125° 39' 21.85" E
Elevation 96.0
Slope 0.0°
Landing Distance 9842 feet
Takeoff Distance 10235 feet
Lighting Systems A2 - SALS or SALSF
PAPI - Precision Approach Path Indicator
HIRL - High Intensity Runway Lights

Runway 23 ILS
Type Dme Glide Slope Localizer
Name
Freq 0 333800 109900
Channel 036X
Glide Scope Angle 3.04°
LCZR / GS Location 00983 10795
Locator / Marker
Elevation
ILS / MLS Category 1
NAVAID ID IDVO IDVO
NAVAID Type
ILS Bearing Course 230.0
LCZR Width 3.60
Threshold Crossing Height 53
ILS / DME Bias 0.2

pictures to follow...

See less See more
#5,742 ·
^^ Kakausapin ko sila sa Flight Simulator :)))
:rofl:

But seriously...

Maintenance has always been plaguing the airport ever since...Remember the then PGMA freaking out regarding the toilets?

Problema nga, lahat ng kita ng DIA goes to CAAP then to the national treasury and hindi lahat bumabalik. Yes we have to laud Art Boncato for pushing the retention of at least 10 % of the earnings to DIA ....

#5,743 · (Edited)
what if i-address/ VOICE out nato ni ng todo todo masking mag sugot ta sa local government, I guess there's something we can do about it...

kailangan na jud ang "Davao International Airport Authority (DIAA)"...chaka, dapat cguro hinay hinayon na ug pag ayo ang terminal, nabubulok na eh, maka ulaw, because once we were one of the most modern airport terminal, eh kron murag malabo na...ang baggage claiming area, nah! ambot nlng, syang...look at Iloilo Airport, aside sa high ceiling ang design, maintained gyapon nila...

apil na pud unta ang Parallel Taxiway, we badly need it, para pud mu increase ang mga flights and passengers..malay nato buhatan na 'tag Davao Ground...hehehe

mas nindot pa jud kung naa natay radar (SSR)...hehehe...bale naa ntay mga ingani na communications:
1. Davao Tower (118.1)
2. Davao Ground :)
3. Davao Approach/ Departure (122.4)
4. Davao ATIS (127.1) (not working kay wlay katong computer thingy)
5. Davao CENTER :banana:

let's get together and make our airport one of the premier gateway in the Philippines! Aja DIAA! :banana:
Crush ko ang ILO. Modern terminal building may hawig sa HKG. DVO naman ay ay impressive sana ang roof design pero parang there is something wrong sa pagka-proportioning ng gusali. Pero I know may darating pang mas maganda at talaga namang timeless ang design. That we all have to watch out.:cheers:

#5,744 ·
Very much viable... Among the Airports being handled by CAAP now, Davao is the highest income earner...

Besides, when Mactan Cebu International had their authority way back 1989, the passenger stats then was like just over 2 million also....

about the loan, it is a 25 year loan of which according to my ADB insider friend, is up to date....

BTW, the DOTC-Republic of the philippines, Davao City is paying the airport loan to ADB/EIB of which is also up to date..

All modernization projects of airports in the Philippines are currently is on loan with ADB under the third airport modernization projects e. g. pagadian, Dipolog, Cotabato, Butuan, Puerto Princesa and Sanga Sanga (Tawi tawi) (well of course not included are those who were financed by USAID, JICA and KOICA) of which binabayaran pa rin until now and for the next 25 years also....
Well, in that case it seems politics is holding it up, once again. My intuition tells me if the bill doesn't personally benefit the sponsor, then its laid on the side. Also, there is what you call timing for the election.

#5,745 ·
Well, in that case it seems politics is holding it up, once again. My intuition tells me if the bill doesn't personally benefit the sponsor, then its laid on the side. Also, there is what you call timing for the election.
Actually the then Congressman Garcia tried hard since it would benefit his district more... Yung anak i think also pushed it but not as strong as the elder. besides when it was for again third reading, the Erap Scandal came then in 2004 the Hello Garci came..haha... puro maraming high profile cases nangyari....

#5,746 ·
what if i-address/ VOICE out nato ni ng todo todo masking mag sugot ta sa local government, I guess there's something we can do about it...

kailangan na jud ang "Davao International Airport Authority (DIAA)"...chaka, dapat cguro hinay hinayon na ug pag ayo ang terminal, nabubulok na eh, maka ulaw, because once we were one of the most modern airport terminal, eh kron murag malabo na...ang baggage claiming area, nah! ambot nlng, syang...look at Iloilo Airport, aside sa high ceiling ang design, maintained gyapon nila...

apil na pud unta ang Parallel Taxiway, we badly need it, para pud mu increase ang mga flights and passengers..malay nato buhatan na 'tag Davao Ground...hehehe

mas nindot pa jud kung naa natay radar (SSR)...hehehe...bale naa ntay mga ingani na communications:
1. Davao Tower (118.1)
2. Davao Ground :)
3. Davao Approach/ Departure (122.4)
4. Davao ATIS (127.1) (not working kay wlay katong computer thingy)
5. Davao CENTER :banana:

let's get together and make our airport one of the premier gateway in the Philippines! Aja DIAA! :banana:
I have to be honest. When it was my first time going to Davao Airport in 2006, I was awestruck. Air conditioning and the pre-departure areas were comfortable. I even said to them that its the best airport I've been to so far. And I guess when I come back this August (nope, not for Kadayawan unfortunately) I may say the same thing again.

One fact that I love about the new terminal though, we have the same birthday. Dec 1. :D

#5,747 ·
habagatcentral1 said:
I have to be honest. When it was my first time going to Davao Airport in 2006, I was awestruck. Air conditioning and the pre-departure areas were comfortable. I even said to them that its the best airport I've been to so far. And I guess when I come back this August (nope, not for Kadayawan unfortunately) I may say the same thing again.

One fact that I love about the new terminal though, we have the same birthday. Dec 1. :D
Hahaha... Kalingaw, pro na obsereved mu ang cr? Abg baggage claiming area? Ang roof sa labas? Sayang kau, hehehe... Pro nice ang predeparture area... :)

#5,749 ·
Hahaha... Kalingaw, pro na obsereved mu ang cr? Abg baggage claiming area? Ang roof sa labas? Sayang kau, hehehe... Pro nice ang predeparture area... :)
The time I arrived, I just went all the way to the door and looked for a non-aircon taxi (which there was back then), hehe! So wala jud ko kakita. :D

#5,750 ·
^^our baggage claim areas are too small for widebody flights!
It is so true.. There was one time I arrived, there were three other planes discharging luggage...Geez. it was a mayhem... naubusan ng trolleys, nakikisiksik ang mga porters and the baggage in one carousel all mixed up and practically the conveyors were covered... kailangan talagang may 3rd conveyor or enlarge the conveyors some more. I also have noticed that some of the rubberized conveyors are showing the wear and tear na... :eek:hno:

#5,751 ·
It is so true.. There was one time I arrived, there were three other planes discharging luggage...Geez. it was a mayhem... naubusan ng trolleys, nakikisiksik ang mga porters and the baggage in one carousel all mixed up and practically the conveyors were covered... kailangan talagang may 3rd conveyor or enlarge the conveyors some more. I also have noticed that some of the rubberized conveyors are showing the wear and tear na... :eek:hno:
mao jud! wla tawun ata nila na foresee ang passenger load sa DIA...isipa lang, isa lang ka B744,mag ka buang na ang isa ka converyor....tsk3...

#5,752 ·
^^i think that's because the airport is 90s architecture, and back in the day, the largest plane to land in Davao was the A300, or even the DC-10. Makes me wonder if the people behind the airport project even anticipated the use of bigger planes to davao :eek:hno:

Edit: to answer my own question: i think they did, since the gates can accommodate the 747 and 777, but sana they made the predep and baggage areas bigger

#5,753 ·
as of May 13, 2011 the number of flight coming into davao are as follows:

2P (mnl-dvo, ceb-dvo, cdo-dvo)
49 flights per week

5J (mnl-dv0, ceb-dvo, cdo-dvo, dvo-ilo, dvo-zam)
84 flights per week

PR (mnl-dvo)
28 flights per week

Z2 (mnl-dvo)
19 flights per week

MI (sing -dvo; including via cebu)
5 flights per week

total of 185 flights per week

by July 1, DG (seaair) will start flying the mnl-dvo route with 3 daily flights
21 flights per week

total by July 1, 2011 would be 206 flights per week

by October 14, 5J will add 2 more daily flights on the mnl-dvo route
additional 14 flights per week

total by October 14, 2011 would be 220 flights per week, one way.

so kung both ways, there would be 440 flights per week, arriving and departing.

kinds of aircraft used by the various airlines into davao:

744, 777, 333, 343, 320, 319, q400, atr72

#5,754 ·
as of May 13, 2011 the number of flight coming into davao are as follows:

2P (mnl-dvo, ceb-dvo, cdo-dvo)
49 flights per week

5J (mnl-dv0, ceb-dvo, cdo-dvo, dvo-ilo, dvo-zam)
84 flights per week

PR (mnl-dvo)
28 flights per week

Z2 (mnl-dvo)
19 flights per week

MI (sing -dvo; including via cebu)
5 flights per week

total of 185 flights per week

by July 1, DG (seaair) will start flying the mnl-dvo route with 3 daily flights
21 flights per week

total by July 1, 2011 would be 206 flights per week

by October 14, 5J will add 2 more daily flights on the mnl-dvo route
additional 14 flights per week

total by October 14, 2011 would be 220 flights per week, one way.

so kung both ways, there would be 440 flights per week, arriving and departing.

kinds of aircraft used by the various airlines into davao:

744, 777, 333, 343, 320, 319, q400, atr72
Ilang flights ba ang ma handle(maximum) ng DIA?
Kung every year eh sobra sa doble ang madagdag na flights,i can foresee na by 2013 crowded na yun airport.
Isang runway tapos 8-10 landings per hour eh baka sasaluhin na ng GenSan yung ibang flights.:nuts:

#5,755 ·
Kung every year eh sobra sa doble ang madagdag na flights,i can foresee na by 2013 crowded na yun airport.
Isang runway tapos 8-10 landings per hour eh baka sasaluhin na ng GenSan yung ibang flights.:nuts:
Hindi pa naman siguro kasi sa Cebu na mas maraming flight di pa masyadong crowded kasi may dead hours naman. In fact ngayon lang dinadagdagan ng dalawang boarding tubes at waiting lounges. Here are the number of flights to Cebu (one way):

Airphilexpress (Manila, Davao, Bacolod, Cagayan, Iloilo, Tacloban, Ozamis, Caticlan, Zamboanga)---- 126 flights/week
(Singapore)---- 7 flights/week

Cebu Pacific (Manila, Davao, Iloilo, Cagayan, Tacloban, Ozamis, Butuan, Surigao, Caticlan, General Santos, Puerto Princesa, Clark, Legaspi, Dumaguete, Siargao, Zamboanga, Bacolod)---- 233 flights/week
(Singapore---- 7/week; Hongkong-7/week; Seoul-7/week;Busan-4/week: Total: 25/week

Philippine Airlines ( Manila)----- 56 flights/week
(Tokyo and Seoul)---- 12 flights/week

Zestair (Manila)----35 flights/week

Seair (Caticlan)----7 flights/week

Cathay Pacific (Hongkong)----7 flights/week
Asiana Airlines (Seoul)---- 7 flights/week
Korean Airlines (Seoul)---- 7 flights/week
Qatar Airways (Doha)---- 3 flights/week
Airbusan (Busan)---- 4 flights/week
Silkair Singapore)--- 7 flights/week TOTAL: 536 FLIGHTS/WEEK (Roundtrip is 1072)

Sa July ang Seair will fly to Cebu from Manila 5x/day or 35x/week; 5J will also add another flight from Manila.

I guess yung sa Davao to avoid overcrowding lang ng Airport is to add the number of chairs lang sa mga waiting lounges. Super kulang at di maayos ang arrangement. May mga sayang na spaces.

#5,756 ·
maximum is 10 flights per hour. the trick there is to fix the schedules properly para maacomodate lahat. we can extend pa naman the terminal to the left and to the right. facing the terminal, to the left pwede pa 2 jetways, , to the right 1 jetway. pero pang a320 lang.

they can also use the old terminal na. sayang din yun. magagamit din yun. it just needs major renovation. the old ramp can accomodate around 2 a320's and one a330 side by side simultaneously.

terminal 1 and terminal 2 na tayo. hehehehe.

#5,757 ·
:lol::lol::lol:

#5,758 ·
maximum is 10 flights per hour. the trick there is to fix the schedules properly para maacomodate lahat. we can extend pa naman the terminal to the left and to the right. facing the terminal, to the left pwede pa 2 jetways, , to the right 1 jetway. pero pang a320 lang.

they can also use the old terminal na. sayang din yun. magagamit din yun. it just needs major renovation. the old ramp can accomodate around 2 a320's and one a330 side by side simultaneously.

terminal 1 and terminal 2 na tayo. hehehehe.
makaya ba na kung butngan nila ug maski isa na jetway sa old international bldg then 2 sa domestic? although i still prefer to board using the stairs hehe. OR how about transferring all turboprop flights to the old terminal.

#5,759 ·
makaya ba na kung butngan nila ug maski isa na jetway sa old international bldg then 2 sa domestic? although i still prefer to board using the stairs hehe. OR how about transferring all turboprop flights to the old terminal.
I like the design of the old terminal building. Timeless.

#5,760 ·
I like the design of the old terminal building. Timeless.
Yes, the architect was Leandro V. Locsin, a National Artist.... I was hoping that the Davao Historical Commission start looking into the old terminal... that is where Blessed John Paul II held his first mass in mindanao in 1981. countless dignitaries have passed through its halls. A memorial also for that bombing that happened in the early part of previous decade.