search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Local Forums > Indianapolis



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 14th, 2017, 06:00 AM   #12261
rnimry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Instagram: @PhotosbyRamz
Posts: 717
Likes (Received): 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldPark View Post
Can't open Indy Star articles on my tablet - so didn't read the article, but I'm pretty sure that is not really new information. Yes - - to keep traffic moving, it will not be legal to turn left at every little street up and down College and Meridian. Should help keep the BRT buses moving and vehicle traffic in general moving as well. Yes - some people will have to learn to turn a block or two earlier and access their home from a different than usual way. It may even take some of them two blocks or so out of their way. Hope they can learn to survive.

Left-turns prohibited at the following locations:
  • Meridian Street, southbound Eighteenth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Nineteenth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Twentieth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound McLean Place, westbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Twenty-second Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Twenty-third Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Twenty-fourth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Twenty-fourth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Twenty-fifth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Fall Creek Parkway, North Drive, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Fall Creek Boulevard, North Drive, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Twenty-seventh Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Twenty-ninth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Thirtieth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Thirty-third Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Thirty-third Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Thirty-fourth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Thirty-fifth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Thirty-sixth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Thirty-sixth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Thirty-seventh Street, eastbound
  • Thirty-eighth Street, eastbound Broadway Street, northbound
  • Thirty-eighth Street, westbound Broadway Street, southbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Thirty-ninth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fortieth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fortieth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Forty-second Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Forty-fourth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Forty-fourth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Forty-sixth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Forty-eighth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Forty-eighth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fiftieth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fiftieth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fifty-first Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fifty-first Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fifty-third Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fifty-third Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Bungalow Court, eastbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fifty-fifth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fifty-sixth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fifty-sixth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Northview Avenue, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Northview Avenue, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fifty-eighth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fifty-eighth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Sixtieth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Sixtieth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Paxton Place, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Sixty-second Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Sixty-second Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Westfield Boulevard, southwest bound
  • College Avenue, northbound Sixty-third Street, westbound
rnimry no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:57 AM   #12262
Indy's Blue Knight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 13
Likes (Received): 4

After jail moves to Prospect/Southeastern...

Trying to look outside the box, past what is available right now:

After the APC, Jail 1, and Jail 2 are combined under one roof at the new Justice Center and Angie's List finishes downsizing, what will fill the void at Market/College, Washington/Southeaster, right off of 65/70? Move the services offered at the Salvation Army and Liberty Hall closer to the new Justice Center and remove the Heliport and we'll have many, many blocks of prime real estate for anything with the Transit Center just west.

Might be easier for a sprawling headquarters with only 65/70, tracks, and Washington St to work around instead of expanding downtown west across the river or north along busier streets like Pennsylvania, Meridian, Illinois, Capitol, etc.
__________________

Manchesterman19 liked this post
Indy's Blue Knight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 02:09 PM   #12263
cdc guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,547
Likes (Received): 1415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's Blue Knight View Post
Trying to look outside the box, past what is available right now:

After the APC, Jail 1, and Jail 2 are combined under one roof at the new Justice Center and Angie's List finishes downsizing, what will fill the void at Market/College, Washington/Southeaster, right off of 65/70? Move the services offered at the Salvation Army and Liberty Hall closer to the new Justice Center and remove the Heliport and we'll have many, many blocks of prime real estate for anything with the Transit Center just west.

Might be easier for a sprawling headquarters with only 65/70, tracks, and Washington St to work around instead of expanding downtown west across the river or north along busier streets like Pennsylvania, Meridian, Illinois, Capitol, etc.
I have always thought...ever since Service Supply moved out...that APC and Jail II should be factory-loft residential (condo or apartment, not jail) buildings. Good bones (blocked-in big window openings). Great skyline views.
cdc guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 05:39 PM   #12264
indyresearch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 48
Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc guy View Post
Right. Since we're playing "Extreme SimCity", let's just put them in the Scottish Rite Cathedral and the Masonic Temple to its south, knock down everything else on those blocks, fill in the lots behind and to its north with a combined parking/office tower block, turn Illinois St. into a pedestrian wonderland extension of The Cultural Trail from Channel 13 down to North St. and re-route the northbound traffic over to Capitol.



Come on man. Get real.
There we go again, shutting down discussion. I bet there were some real wise Egyptians at one time, sitting around a fire and talking about some dumb idea to build pyramid-shaped tombs: "Yeah, right--they're going to build these stupid things on the edge of town and people are going to come and admire them for thousands of years. lol! Those dummies!"

How does it feel, riding that high horse, man!?
__________________

indyurban liked this post
indyresearch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 08:49 PM   #12265
cdc guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,547
Likes (Received): 1415

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyresearch View Post
There we go again, shutting down discussion. I bet there were some real wise Egyptians at one time, sitting around a fire and talking about some dumb idea to build pyramid-shaped tombs: "Yeah, right--they're going to build these stupid things on the edge of town and people are going to come and admire them for thousands of years. lol! Those dummies!"

How does it feel, riding that high horse, man!?
Not shutting down discussion. Shutting down discussion would be like this:

"That's a stupid idea."

Or even:

"How does it feel, riding that high horse, man?"

Apparently you've never seen Saturday Night Live, or Politically Correct, or Tosh, or pretty much any stand-up comedian ever? Here's a hint: If you put something really goofy out there, someone might just make fun of it.

Hint from years of experience: Own it and move on...which might go something like this,

"yeah, well, it probably is too extreme for Indy "
__________________

IndyJohn liked this post
cdc guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 01:30 AM   #12266
DowntownIndianapolis
Community Activist
 
DowntownIndianapolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,624
Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyurban View Post
Amazon's Seattle campus is only 5 blocks big. They could go in the NW part of downtown with several large parking lots especially if we take out some of the parking garages/underused lots in the area or even extending into the canal area. There's definitely room especially by building up if Amazon chooses Indy.
The One American Parking garage actually might be a nice asset now. Use it for Amazon Parking too.
DowntownIndianapolis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 01:38 AM   #12267
DowntownIndianapolis
Community Activist
 
DowntownIndianapolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,624
Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnimry View Post
Left-turns prohibited at the following locations:
  • Meridian Street, southbound Eighteenth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Nineteenth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Twentieth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound McLean Place, westbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Twenty-second Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Twenty-third Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Twenty-fourth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Twenty-fourth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Twenty-fifth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Fall Creek Parkway, North Drive, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Fall Creek Boulevard, North Drive, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Twenty-seventh Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Twenty-ninth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Thirtieth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Thirty-third Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Thirty-third Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Thirty-fourth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Thirty-fifth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, northbound Thirty-sixth Street, westbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Thirty-sixth Street, eastbound
  • Meridian Street, southbound Thirty-seventh Street, eastbound
  • Thirty-eighth Street, eastbound Broadway Street, northbound
  • Thirty-eighth Street, westbound Broadway Street, southbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Thirty-ninth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fortieth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fortieth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Forty-second Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Forty-fourth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Forty-fourth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Forty-sixth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Forty-eighth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Forty-eighth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fiftieth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fiftieth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fifty-first Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fifty-first Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fifty-third Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fifty-third Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Bungalow Court, eastbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fifty-fifth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fifty-sixth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fifty-sixth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Northview Avenue, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Northview Avenue, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Fifty-eighth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Fifty-eighth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Sixtieth Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Sixtieth Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Paxton Place, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Sixty-second Street, westbound
  • College Avenue, southbound Sixty-second Street, eastbound
  • College Avenue, northbound Westfield Boulevard, southwest bound
  • College Avenue, northbound Sixty-third Street, westbound
The 56th street blockage I have a problem with. That is a major east/west road and its Important College Avenue have access to it.
Others aren't a big deal
DowntownIndianapolis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 01:43 AM   #12268
DowntownIndianapolis
Community Activist
 
DowntownIndianapolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,624
Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysgs View Post
If I hadn't said this already, I will say it again, this will come down to incentives....

Anything they would need to know about possible cities(airport nonstops/major university/mass transit/e.t.c) they could look up in 15 minutes. They don't need to waste cities time, except for the fact that they want $$$$.

"A stable and business-friendly environment and tax structure will be
high-priority considerations for the Project. Incentives offered by the state/province and local
communities to offset initial capital outlay and ongoing operational costs will be significant factors in
the decision-making process.
"

"– Identify incentive programs available for the Project at the state/province and local
levels. Outline the type of incentive (i.e. land, site preparation, tax credits/exemptions, relocation
grants, workforce grants, utility incentives/grants, permitting, and fee reductions) and the amount.
The initial cost and ongoing cost of doing business are critical decision drivers.
"

"Please provide a summary of total incentives offered for the Project by the state/province
and local community. In this summary, please provide a brief description of the incentive
item, the timing of incentive payment/realization, and a calculation of the incentive amount.
Please describe any specific or unique eligibility requirements mandated by each incentive
item. With respect to tax credits, please indicate whether credits are refundable,
transferable, or may be carried forward for a specific period of time. If the incentive includes
free or reduced land costs, include the mechanism and approvals that will be required. Please
also include all timelines associated with the approvals of each incentive. We acknowledge a
Project of this magnitude may require special incentive legislation in order for the
state/province to achieve a competitive incentive proposal. As such, please indicate if any
incentives or programs will require legislation or other approval methods. Ideally, your
submittal includes a total value of incentives, including the specified benefit time period
."

"If any of the programs or incentives described in the summary of total incentives are
uncertain or not guaranteed, please explain the factors that contribute to such uncertainty
and estimate the approximate level of certainty. Please also describe any applicable claw
backs or recapture provisions required for each incentive item.
"

"Please provide a timetable for incentive approvals at the state/province and local levels,
including any legislative approvals that may be required.
"

One-third of all the information they requested is directly related to incentives, and a state/city like Indiana/Indianapolis can very much compete if incentives are a major factor. So don't count Indy out just yet.....
This is where having Mitch Daniels as Governor could pay dividends. With our huge state surplus we can afford a huge Foxconn type Incentive Package and still be fine financially.
Now with Eric Holcomb focusing on workforce development Indy has a real shot here. Transit is being upgraded as we speak. New flights added.
Amazon would be the Cherry on top and since we have a ton of major cities within a 4-5 hour drive Amazon can help relocate some of that talent to Indy.
__________________

ibthebigd liked this post
DowntownIndianapolis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 01:45 AM   #12269
DowntownIndianapolis
Community Activist
 
DowntownIndianapolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,624
Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionking View Post
But you don't spend $5B to hope it one day becomes $2B.. Amazon is going to want to add/or continue a skyline.. there is no other way.. unless they want to build a new headquarters like Apple's in California.. (which I kind of want Lilly to do at the GM plant, to combine their operations a little bit and connect themselves to their southwest counterpart)

I think I have kind of mentioned.. Amazon is playing the enticement game.. if they chose Indianapolis the amount would probably be revised to fit the Indianapolis real estate market.. it would be more like $2B; I would probably value Lilly's southwest and southeast buildings/land at around $1.5B-$2.5B.. and it might depend on its reuse..

I am still going to be against any type of high rise development at the GM plant.. Indianapolis doesn't need an opposing skyline.. why would you want to put 50,000 employees a half mile from the downtown core.. lets be a little bit smarter.. I think the area east of IUPUI would be ideal.. it doesn't have to be this giant swath of land; Seattle's current campus is comprised within a five block radius.. there is room to build on empty lots as well as being able to buy up property, cheaply... Amazon just spent $150M buying a building in Seattle... The canal square apartments and those two hotels off New York Street..bye.

I don't care how many bridges you want to put across the White River to connect the GM plant to downtown.. it just isn't going to work.. it is way to isolated with the convention center/LOS blocking any type of connection to our city's center..trust me kill the idea of Amazon at the GM site, immediately..
We can build the skyline at the GM plant then overtime merge them. Nothing wrong with that.
Heck the JW Marriott got us started
DowntownIndianapolis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 04:31 AM   #12270
cdc guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,547
Likes (Received): 1415

56th is not a through street east and west of College. It runs only about a mile from the Monon to Westfield/canal.
__________________

Paul1712, dcisko, IndyJohn liked this post
cdc guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 05:22 AM   #12271
fashionking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 173
Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc guy View Post
Right. Since we're playing "Extreme SimCity", let's just put them in the Scottish Rite Cathedral and the Masonic Temple to its south, knock down everything else on those blocks, fill in the lots behind and to its north with a combined parking/office tower block, turn Illinois St. into a pedestrian wonderland extension of The Cultural Trail from Channel 13 down to North St. and re-route the northbound traffic over to Capitol.



Come on man. Get real.
What you are comparing makes no sense.. There is a giant difference between the Scottish Rite Cathedral, Masonic Temple and Circle Center Mall; from historical and purpose levels...Circle Center has zero architectural acclaim; besides maybe some older facades; which can still be kept.. I have mentioned this before.. we need to stop reading/writing about how iconic Circle Center is/was; lets face it. it is struggling and has been.. I have read articles that Amazon could take away 23 percent of the malls in this country... Simon is the mall owner.. it would make total sense that they partner.. I still believe in online and in-store shopping, but I can see Amazon still gaining market share...there could definitely be a balance and a partnership between them..to be honest I think it sounds like you have zero vision. I rather come from a little bit of the fantasy world than hear someone talk about a sidewalk for twenty pages..rather dull don't you think?

Everyone is trying to find empty parcels or a swath of land.. when you are personally worth $84B and your company's worth is approaching $500B; Bezo's worth is the market cap. of Lilly; who needs to find vacant land..you can buy/demo and pretty much create whatever you want... I am saying this area would be great because it is keeping 50,000 people downtown and not on an island at the GM plant...I do think someone mentioned it might increase prices.. I don't necessarily think that is a bad idea.. and maybe that is what is needed to start more major residential projects (ones of quality that is)..I am really only putting the vision out there.. will it happen..no..but you can't say it wasn't mentioned.. to be honest I don't think Amazon's current headquarters is actually all that groundbreaking...
fashionking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 06:01 AM   #12272
fashionking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 173
Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownIndianapolis View Post
We can build the skyline at the GM plant then overtime merge them. Nothing wrong with that.
Heck the JW Marriott got us started
I wouldn't even include the JW as being part of the CBD of Indianapolis..I think the Regional Plan considers it? It does have "West" in its address; I am still on the fence with the JW; if the complex was one block east in its entirety; I would praise it a little bit more. At least in this case the complex will probably stop any further development to the west, because well its the park and zoo. Don't even put the words out there that we could somehow merge those skylines (GM site and JW?) you can't merge anything with that kind of distance between them..I think some need to go stand at the GM site and look to the east.. I don't always go to Wikipedia for my information but there is an updated aerial of Indianapolis under "Downtown Indianapolis" with the GM plant in the background.. the distance is just to great.
fashionking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 01:26 PM   #12273
cdc guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,547
Likes (Received): 1415

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionking View Post
I wouldn't even include the JW as being part of the CBD of Indianapolis..I think the Regional Plan considers it? It does have "West" in its address; I am still on the fence with the JW; if the complex was one block east in its entirety; I would praise it a little bit more. At least in this case the complex will probably stop any further development to the west, because well its the park and zoo. Don't even put the words out there that we could somehow merge those skylines (GM site and JW?) you can't merge anything with that kind of distance between them..I think some need to go stand at the GM site and look to the east.. I don't always go to Wikipedia for my information but there is an updated aerial of Indianapolis under "Downtown Indianapolis" with the GM plant in the background.. the distance is just to great.
The Regional Center west boundary is generally Belmont Ave. between I-70 and 16th/Fall Creek. It includes both the GM site and 16Tech.
cdc guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 02:28 PM   #12274
indysurveyor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 111
Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionking View Post
I wouldn't even include the JW as being part of the CBD of Indianapolis

It's literally connected via skyway. Your statements have scant regard for credibility.


The land IUPUI sits on was once dense single family housing. Vision, risk and eminent domain expanded our skyline northwesterly. The Lucas Oil albatross is distinct and separate from downtown. It doesn't take but a building or two west and northwest of it to connect it to downtown visually. It will happen eventually.
__________________

tysgs liked this post
indysurveyor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 12:33 AM   #12275
indyurban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 330
Likes (Received): 79

If a skyscraper/hotel is built on the state parking garage across from the JW and another skyscraper/tower is built on the parking lot north of the state house, that should connect to one seamless skyline. But any midrises or towers built on the GM Stamping Plant would most likely mean a second skyline or mini skyline. The river separates the two but I don't mind a second skyline or mini skyline so it doesn't bother me at all. I want it to happen.

Here's Chicago's possible site for an Amazon HQ2. It's a $10 billion development on the Chicago River built on a former steel plant.



I hope we get to see the plans the city and the state will send to Amazon. I think they'll probably pick the GM Stamping Plant as the site but any money spent on planning could maybe be reworked or re-used even if we don't get Amazon I think.
indyurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 03:21 AM   #12276
DowntownIndianapolis
Community Activist
 
DowntownIndianapolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,624
Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyurban View Post
If a skyscraper/hotel is built on the state parking garage across from the JW and another skyscraper/tower is built on the parking lot north of the state house, that should connect to one seamless skyline. But any midrises or towers built on the GM Stamping Plant would most likely mean a second skyline or mini skyline. The river separates the two but I don't mind a second skyline or mini skyline so it doesn't bother me at all. I want it to happen.

Here's Chicago's possible site for an Amazon HQ2. It's a $10 billion development on the Chicago River built on a former steel plant.



I hope we get to see the plans the city and the state will send to Amazon. I think they'll probably pick the GM Stamping Plant as the site but any money spent on planning could maybe be reworked or re-used even if we don't get Amazon I think.
The Chicago River divides the Chicago Skyline yet it all seems seamless. The White River isn't much wider than that
DowntownIndianapolis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 04:37 AM   #12277
cdc guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,547
Likes (Received): 1415

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownIndianapolis View Post
The Chicago River divides the Chicago Skyline yet it all seems seamless. The White River isn't much wider than that
White River has more levee/embankment than the Chicago River, which just has vertical walls.
cdc guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 05:38 AM   #12278
DowntownIndianapolis
Community Activist
 
DowntownIndianapolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,624
Likes (Received): 184

Interesting take on Amazon: http://www.indystar.com/story/money/...medium=twitter
Thoughts?
__________________
"Leadership does not sit by and tolerate irrational bullies. Leadership does not ignore obstructions of progress" -William Hudnut Indianapolis Mayor 1976-1992
DowntownIndianapolis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 09:31 PM   #12279
rnimry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Instagram: @PhotosbyRamz
Posts: 717
Likes (Received): 337

11 things you might not know about the Red Line and other transit changes

https://www.ibj.com/articles/65399-t...ransit-changes
rnimry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #12280
cdc guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,547
Likes (Received): 1415

Today's headline: Murat group again exploring deal to sell Old National Centre property

Quote:
The group that owns the landmark Old National Centre entertainment and hospitality venue in downtown Indianapolis is considering selling the property to a local developer, which in turn would build it a new headquarters on the same site as part of a larger hotel project.... the project would provide five times the number of parking spaces the organization currently has, suggesting a parking garage could be involved.
Rendering:
__________________

VVisconsin08 liked this post
cdc guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
development, indianapolis

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu