daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Trivandrum

Closed Thread

Old April 23rd, 2006, 11:10 PM   #1
drwho
slacker oui!

Likes (Received): 1

Trivandrum Projects/Cityscapes III

continue here

JL Racing
drwho no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old April 24th, 2006, 04:04 AM   #2
d_rk

Likes (Received): 104

Hi Guys

Here is the two pictures taken by sudheesh and i combined them. its a remarkable change after the TRD Project. Just think, how our city will be tranformed when all the 42 km of project is finished....

i think it is the same place.. its just my guess.. the second tree on the right hand side seems to be the same on both images.. sudheesh can u confirm..

d_rk no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 06:48 AM   #3
sudheeshnairs

Likes (Received): 16

Right boss..

The first pic was taken when the TRDP works had just started..We can see 42 km of city roads like this once the scheme is fully completed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rk
Hi Guys

Here is the two pictures taken by sudheesh and i combined them. its a remarkable change after the TRD Project. Just think, how our city will be tranformed when all the 42 km of project is finished....

i think it is the same place.. its just my guess.. the second tree on the right hand side seems to be the same on both images.. sudheesh can u confirm..

sudheeshnairs no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 06:59 AM   #4
sudheeshnairs

Metamorphosis

And it was like this 9 months back..

And now..

Old April 24th, 2006, 08:25 AM   #5
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 625

Yet another 5-Star in town...

Work begins on the new 5-Star hotel, "Capital Retreat" on the IT-Corridor, right next to the Airport. Site clearance work is ongoing as of now.

Ajaypp no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #6
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Ajaypp no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #7
godman

Likes (Received): 0

Great news Ajay !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaypp
godman no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #8
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

NH Byepass

This is a stretch of the NH Byepass, near the rail over bridge at Chackai. Punj Lloyd equipment often traverse this stretch as they transit between the two operating bases of the company in Trivandrum. One of the driver-training cars used by the Maruti Driving School is also visible in the frame. This is one of the first of its kind in Kerala.

Ajaypp no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 12:54 PM   #9
karunakaranashok

Likes (Received): 15

NH Bypass

Dear friends,

Pl forgive me for my ignorance. I am a bit curious to know how the NH bypass for TVM is planned. My understanding is that the NH Bypass starts at Kazhakkuttam and streches all the way to Kovalam. Is it ending at Kovalam and since Kovalam is not on the NH-47, i am a bit confused. I have never had a chance to travel on the Kazhakkuttam-Kovalam strech'my only encounter with the by pass is while crossing it on the way to Airport from the city (East fort side).

Logically if it is to be a bypass for city, then it must be extending beyond Kovalam and touching some where on the NH-47. I am sure it must be planned that way;it is only that I am not aware of it.

Also I would like to know if the bypass passes by the Proposed Vizhinjam container Port terminal.

Request some body to post a route alignment map for the TVM bypass on the forum. I am sure between Ajay and Sudheesh, they can easily do that

K.Ashok
karunakaranashok no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #10
santhosh.j

Dubai Internet City

Is Dubai internet city project still alive? or have the proposers withdrawn?
santhosh.j no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #11
sudheeshnairs

Hello sir,

Trivandrum bypass was thought of as a combined bypass for Trivandrum City & its suburb town Neyyattinkara. Since Neyyattinkara Municipality is only about 18kms from Trivandrum city and it is like an extended city, the bypass was mooted to cover Neyyattinkara also. It was slated as the longest bypass in India at 44 kms. And the work was complete for stretch of 22 kms, from Kazhakuttom to Kovalam. The bypass was initially planned to touch NH 47 at parassala, about 30kms from TVM and on the border.

As per the latest tender document issued by NHAI (I have seen the detailed project report), the alignment is changed, it enters Tamilnadu at some "Karakode", at 49 kms from Kazhakuttom. Only after that it will join NH 47. There is a NH 47 B proposed from Nagercoil which meets NH 7 at 'Kavalkinar'.

This new alignment will be more closer to shore, and will pass through Vizhinjam, Poovar etc. It would be the link from the North South Corridor to Trivandrum. Travel to Bangalore, Chennai etc would be faster once it is complete.

Yes, this road will be touching Vizhinjam, A 4 km long flyover is planned from 'Mukkola' Jn to the Port. State Govt has approved an initial outlay of 10 crores for the project.

I dont have the soft copy of alignment map for the project at present, eventhough I have seen the hard copy. Anyway will try to get one..

Sudheesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by karunakaranashok
Dear friends,

Pl forgive me for my ignorance. I am a bit curious to know how the NH bypass for TVM is planned. My understanding is that the NH Bypass starts at Kazhakkuttam and streches all the way to Kovalam. Is it ending at Kovalam and since Kovalam is not on the NH-47, i am a bit confused. I have never had a chance to travel on the Kazhakkuttam-Kovalam strech'my only encounter with the by pass is while crossing it on the way to Airport from the city (East fort side).

Logically if it is to be a bypass for city, then it must be extending beyond Kovalam and touching some where on the NH-47. I am sure it must be planned that way;it is only that I am not aware of it.

Also I would like to know if the bypass passes by the Proposed Vizhinjam container Port terminal.

Request some body to post a route alignment map for the TVM bypass on the forum. I am sure between Ajay and Sudheesh, they can easily do that

K.Ashok
Old April 24th, 2006, 02:42 PM   #12
sudheeshnairs

Sivaji Saphire I. You could see Sivaji Saphire II rising on the left side of it.still to come out of the canopy.

Old April 24th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #13
trivandrumrangers
Trivandrum Rangers

Descrition of Trivandrum in UK

Trivandrum is the capital city of Kerala and the town has a history of supporting fine art and culture. A beautiful seaside city built on seven hills, Trivandrum has good shopping areas and a variety of comfortable and reasonably priced hotels. The food is fantastic but nothing like our Indian food in England – dishes are much smaller and mostly served are Balti dishes. The town is busy during the Navaratri, when festivals are held in the Sri Padmanabha Swamy Temple – dedicated to Vishnu : providing a great atmosphere. This colourful town is so culturally rich it is definitely worth spending a few days looking around, but you could also combine your trip with a visit to Kovalam Beach, at the southern edge of the city. It is picturesque with its spectacular view of the blue sea and is great for surfing. There are many specially designed cottages to stay in making it an excellent summer resort. Trivandrum can offer the chance to take in some of India’s rich culture but is also close enough to Kovalam Beach, therefore it can provide a relaxing break too.
trivandrumrangers no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #14
santhosh.j

So sweet trivandrum...
santhosh.j no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 05:06 PM   #15
karunakaranashok

Likes (Received): 15

Original Post by Sudheesh Nair
Yes, this road will be touching Vizhinjam, A 4 km long flyover is planned from 'Mukkola' Jn to the Port. State Govt has approved an initial outlay of 10 crores for the project.

Wow, a 4 Km flyover!!!. Would this be among the longest fly overs in India. I believe that the fly over in Mumbai stretching from GT Hospital to Crawford market (meandering above one of the most crowded areas in South Mumbai like Mohemmad Ali Road, Pydhonie etc.) is the longest one in India. May be we will beat them to it

BTW thanks Sudheesh for that update. And one more request please. let's be on first name basis.

K.Ashok
karunakaranashok no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 05:34 PM   #16
sudheeshnairs

Old April 24th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #17
sathyalal

Likes (Received): 6

PMG stretch
sathyalal no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #18
sathyalal

Sree chitra institute of medical sciences and technology

Old April 24th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #19
sss_tvm
shyam

Hi Friends,
This is the first time I am posting anything here, though I have been a daily visitor to this forum. To see so many people who are passionate about TVM makes my eyes misty Frankly, I never thought I would ever find so many people who are so passionate about our beautiful city.

Sudheesh and Ajay, great work.

Any update on the following projects?:
1. Eanchakkal Bus Terminus
2. Kochuveli Railway Terminus
sss_tvm no está en línea  
Old April 24th, 2006, 07:03 PM   #20
sathyalal

SAT circle

Closed Thread