|December 10th, 2005, 08:44 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Likes (Received): 5032
HONG KONG  Old Grit & New Highrise Monsters
I did a tour of old and new Kowloon one day by foot and by bus. There are a lot of interesting streets with quite a lot of grit around here. Perhaps in a few more years things will change substantially. Who knows? There is a wall of highrises emerging along the West Kowloon waterfront already.
Accompanying Music : http://streaming01.metroradio.com.hk...fds_edmond.wma
1. Langham Place is a huge building, but it's not very visible from the main vantage points of Hong Kong because it is so far inland :
2. But there some large buildings going up in nearby Olympic Station, notably One SilverSea, which seemed to dominate local commercials.
3. Directly east of Olympic Station is Langham Place.
4. There are some poor people housing in this area as well awaiting redevelopment :
10. These types of dense scenes are quite abundant in Kowloon.
11. As I head further away from the city towards the waterfront, the height picks up as new housing estates were built on reclaimed lands.
19. A NEW pencil tower
22. An older public housing estate a few blocks away :
23. Much older residentials :
Other Hong Kong Series Threads
Part 1 : Central | Part 2 : Tsing Yi Island
Part 3 : Aberdeen | Part 4 : Bank of China Observation Deck
Part 5 : Kwun Tong Grit | Part 6 : Kwun Tong Grit Continued
Part 7 : Langham Place & Olympian City | Part 8 : Sham Shui Po Grit
Part 9 : Fun & Sun in Stanley | Part 10 : Cruise to Lamma Island
Part 11 : Downtown @ Night | Part 12 : Tai Hang Road - Rich & Poor
Part 13 : Hiking Lamma Island | Part 14 : Exploring Mongkok's Streets
Part 15 : A Bus Ride Through Kowloon | Part 16 : Repulse Bay - Beachside Living
Part 17 : Night-Time Bonanza | Part 18 : Hopewell Centre Top Floor
Part 19 : Wan Chai's Redevelopment Woes | Part 20 : A City of Contrasts
Part 21 : Streets on the Island | Part 22 : Sham Shui Po Ghetto & Street Life
Part 23 : Po Toi O Fishing Village | Part 24 : Skyline During Sunset
Part 25 : The Other Victoria Harbour | Part 26 : Cruising the Harbour
Part 27 : Sai Kung Seafood | Part 28 : Rich People's Views, Congested City
Part 29 : apm & Hillside Public Housing | Part 30 : Cheung Chau
Part 31 : The Peak | Part 32 : Beaches, Alleys, and Olympic Pride
Part 33 : 40 Photos, A Million Stories | Part 34 : All the Colours of the Rainbow
Part 35 : A Zillion Observation Decks | Part 36 : Tseung Kwan O
Part 37 : A Mixed Bag of Photos | Part 38: Dim Lights, Bright City
Part 39 : History Museum | Part 40 : Night Time Extravaganza
|December 10th, 2005, 09:07 AM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hong Kong / Los Angeles
Likes (Received): 5
hkskyline... u keep amazing me by taking pics of places and buildings i've never seen b4... gr8 job!