daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > Eastern Provinces

Eastern Provinces Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland

Old March 8th, 2006, 06:09 AM   #1
johonbravo

Likes (Received): 0

World Trade & Convention Centre, Halifax - Im opening a shop up

Hi all,
Most of you are new faces to me. I was a die-hard SSC fan a couple years ago with high post #'s etc..., but being and becoming entrepreneur, business took my time away from SSC.
Currently im living in Stewiacke, but im planning on starting "The Break Shop" in the World Trade & Convention Centre in Halifax. Its on the 4th floor, same level as the Metro Centre Box Office. Currently the location is occupied by "The Coffee Corner". I will be purchasing their assets, and occupying the location.

The problem is that the World Trade & Convention Centre is looking at developing the entire level into something else, and Im on a 3-4 wk wait for their answer. I have been spending allot of time developing the business plan for my new store, so Any ideas/input from you guys would be appreciated.

For the business plan i'm looking for this information, which has been hard to find:

Number of Internationals living in Halifax
Which nationality they are
Number of coffee shops in halifax

Business Description
As of now, the current store is very bland, simple, and ordinary. I am planning on developing it into not only a simple coffee and sandwich shop, but also a store with International flavour. Having Both Brazilian and Canadian citizenship, I am going to be importing many Brazilian products such as Guarana, tropical drinks, chocolates, and other food. While focusing on Brazil, I am also importing drinks and foods from other countries. Ideas Needed!
I am planning on developing the wall outside the shop in the lobby next the the Box Office as well. As of now its an empty wall. I want to showcase either local art whether it be photos or paintings, or international photos of world cities etc... all over the wall. Also inside the store will have photos etc..giving it an international theme. Its a WI-FI hot spot, so Im going to make the outside lobby seating area a very nice place to sit down, with a good environment.

So hopefully Trade Centre Ltd will allow me to go ahead with my plans to develop the location.

Any Ideas from Haligonians are needed! I need input from locals for the business plan.

I have allot of ideas, and hopefully everything will go through as planned.
Thanks Allot Guys
johonbravo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 8th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #2
bluenoser

Likes (Received): 3

How would you get to the shop if you're just walking down the street? is there a dedicated entrace or is it mostly intended for people who work in the building?

I don't have any statistics, but there are a good number of Lebanese and Greek immigrants in the Halifax area. I guess it depends what you mean by internationals.
Old March 20th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #3
johonbravo

Well my focus is to be on South American internationals, as I am from Brazil, but I am going to be continuously getting new ideas and products hopefully worldwide.

The shop is inside the lobby right by the Metro Centre Box Office. Therefore most of the people would be Metro Center customers, or someof the 300 people who work in the building. However it is still easily accessible as its on the 4th floor, which is ground level for the main Metro Centre entrance on Duke.
johonbravo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 03:27 AM   #4
bluenoser

Likes (Received): 3

I'd still recommend at least looking into greek/turkish style coffee, simply because it's not really available anywhere else in the city. Carribbean style food/drink could also be a good assett. In any case, sounds great and I'll be sure to stop by sometime
Old March 22nd, 2006, 03:43 AM   #5
skyscraper_1
Super Awesome!

Likes (Received): 70

I know there are a lot of cafes in the area. I work at a wholesale bakery that sells to many of them around the city. However something unique to the area would certainly help you get noticed.

The Province of Acadia.

"If the King's English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me!"
skyscraper_1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 06:51 AM   #6
johonbravo

I'm waiting to see if I can get the lease or not. Health Canada is currently a tenant of the World Trace Center. They have to make a decision on whether they will expand in their current location using an entire upper floor, or move out. If they expand, the WTCC needs to relocate offices and is going to require the coffee shop space.

The main reason I am specializing in Brazilian/South American more than other areas is because I grew up there...however if greek/turkish coffee is in demand I would love to try new things...after all I want international variety!

I am looking at setting up an account with Just Us Coffee (www.justuscoffee.com). Also I will be getting product from Sysco and My brazilian distributor.
skyscraper_1...which bakery do you work at? I am still looking for good suppliers, and I would rather have something other than Sysco as sysco products are found everywhere. Email me @ jonathan-at-enns.net if you want to talk.