daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > About the forums > Archive

Archive For threads worth keeping

Old October 21st, 2006, 01:41 AM   #1
FloTownballer
Enjoy The Cola!

Likes (Received): 1

COLUMBIA, SC | The Columbia Hilton | 8 fl | U/C

I had a chance with SCE&G to go into the new Columbia Hilton. I went from the basement to the top even had to climb a 20 foot ladder to get to the floor they were building so hope you enjoy.

Sponsored Links

Old October 21st, 2006, 03:22 AM   #2
sonofaque86

Likes (Received): 0

Cool pics!!! LOOOOOOOOOL @ the pencil bridge in Greenville. I've seen that 2 million times but I've never said anything about seeing it 90% of greenville pics. LOL!!!
sonofaque86 no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2006, 05:08 AM   #3
Skyliner
The Creative 1

What *Flowtownballer* does not realize is that perhaps most of the photographs being taken of the Liberty Bridge are from visitors to Greenville. Yes, there are that many of them. And the comments are always highly positive in nature, I assure you. Too bad some people cannot see beyond the fickle walls of their self-made bias.

Here is one for you:

*edited to correct my terrible mistake.

Last edited by Skyliner; October 21st, 2006 at 05:18 AM.
Skyliner no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2006, 05:12 AM   #4
LSyd
Megalomaniac

Likes (Received): 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
What LSyd does not realize is that perhaps most of the photographs being taken of the Liberty Bridge are from visitors to Greenville. Yes, there are that many of them. And the comments are always highly positive in nature, I assure you. Too bad some people cannot see beyond the fickle walls of their self-made bias.

Here is one for you:

dear duder,

i said nothing about the bridge in this thread. flotownballer's quote is hilarious, but does not reflect my opinion about the bridge because i have no opinion about the bridge. please make your self-made bias, boosterism and insecurity accurate, at the very least.

sincerely,

-

- gleegieboy
LSyd no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2006, 05:17 AM   #5
Skyliner
The Creative 1

Oh - oh crap! My bad, LSyd! Somehow I miss-read the signature as yours! I am sincerely sorry to you! Please forgive me! I fully intended to direct my response to the correct person in question, who is FloTownballer.

FloTownballer, the ball is in your court.
Old October 21st, 2006, 05:06 PM   #6
LSyd
Megalomaniac

Likes (Received): 305

yeah, i wanted to say i'm jealous that flotown got to the top of that building. great pics, and it'll have a nice view.
it's been a while since i've gotten on top of a building, i need to change that, especially now that my camera's fixed...

-

- gleegieboy
LSyd no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2006, 06:54 PM   #7
sonofaque86

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Skyliner, it wasn't Lsyd. It was flotownballer and sonofaque86.
First of all I didn't bring that pencil bridge up on the stream. I didn't even recognize his signature until you didn't comment on the pictures of Columbia and had to be quick to retaliate against his quote and my school before even commenting on the pictures. I'm just laughing at the quote which I find funny. haha. ok.

Anyway back on subject. Love the pics and can't wait to see the final finish.
Old October 21st, 2006, 11:34 PM   #8
krazeeboi

Likes (Received): 15

Good pics, Flotownballer. I swear, this thing should at least be 12 stories. Darn those height restrictions in the Vista. The hotel would at least have a larger footprint if it weren't for the parking garage right next to it, but that's necessary. Oh well, can't wait to see the finished product.

Now back to Cola vs. Gvl...*searching for popcorn*
Old October 22nd, 2006, 10:06 PM   #9
Greenville

This thread is hilarious, and it's a shame that a few people on both sides have to act so childish in debates such as these.

With that said, the Columbia Hilton is going to be a nice addition to Columbia's downtown. I know the residents of Columbia are glad to finally be getting a Hilton in their city.
Greenville no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2006, 12:26 AM   #10
Justin6882
Capital City

How tall is it supposed to end up being? How many rooms?
Justin6882 no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:41 AM   #11
krazeeboi

Likes (Received): 15

8 floors (not sure of height in terms of feet), around 225 rooms. It could have been bigger, but it's being built in a historic district with height restrictions and it has to share the parcel it's being built on with a parking garage.
Old October 24th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #12
Jasonhouse

Likes (Received): 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The reason i'm not banned is because this isn't urbanplanet, metro jerk isn't the moderator here, i'm making a debate out of it, and I post good info, news, and pics on this website. Your right about Columbia having more than one street downtown that's popular and an entertainment district. I'll admit that Greenville does not. Hopefully in the future though, it will. Greenville bragging about their Main St. is the exact same thing as Columbia bragging about Five Points and Vista. I compare Vista and Five Points to a smaller version of what Verdae in Greenville will be like in the next several years. Columbia has also got sprawl Lsyd. The reason i'm pissed off is because flotownballer posted that stuff that talks about my city and charlotte on his profile. You don't see me or any of the other greenville forumers posting bad stuff about columbia on their profile so don't do it to us. That's why I started posting all these bad things about Columbia and how I hated it so I could retaliate against flotownballer.
And this is why you are now suspended from posting for two weeks.

Repeat this pattern of hijacking, trolling and personal insults when you return and your account will be banned.

And to everyone else... The topic of this thread is "The Columbia Hilton"... Any post about any other topic or sub-topic will be deleted and the posting member may also be suspended...
Jasonhouse no está en línea