search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 12th, 2017, 06:33 AM   #661
kratos1211

Likes (Received): 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_prince View Post
South - shaw corner meralco
North - near south drive along meralco ave...

- mainit na issue den itong ortigas kasi sa flyover along meralco malalim na dae kasi yung ginawa for the flyover...

Gaano kalalim ang station dito since may existing underpass dito?

lil_prince liked this post
kratos1211 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2017, 06:54 AM   #662
raixuis

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:

- mainit na issue den itong ortigas kasi sa flyover along meralco malalim na dae kasi yung ginawa for the flyover...

https://ibb.co/byLTpa

https://ibb.co/hjF6aF

https://ibb.co/nFMq2v
So mukhang dun sa old SSS building site ilalagay 'yung Ortigas South station since malabong sa Capitol Commons side ito ilagay because of Unimart.
raixuis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2017, 08:11 AM   #663
lil_prince

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos1211 View Post
sir, yung Detailed Engineering and Design is on-going, same with its EIA... but again, mainit na usapin yan during the meeting

RayQ, s_w_stars liked this post
lil_prince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2017, 11:24 AM   #664
evilgenius15
transpoguy

Likes (Received): 76

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this!
ahhh the Line 4 alignment na pinagpipilitan ko sa boss ko dati na ayaw maniwala sakin

Old July 12th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #665
asc25dbtc

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:

https://ibb.co/byLTpa

https://ibb.co/hjF6aF

https://ibb.co/nFMq2v
Oh, now I know! Thank you for this!!! Akala ko nung una parang magkakaroon ng common station sa Shaw Blvd hahaha! Sa Capitol Commons pala ito dadaan, although yun nga medyo mahihirapan talaga yung engineers dun bilang may flyover dun sa Metrowalk.

asc25dbtc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 05:21 AM   #666
lil_prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc25dbtc View Post
Oh, now I know! Thank you for this!!! Akala ko nung una parang magkakaroon ng common station sa Shaw Blvd hahaha! Sa Capitol Commons pala ito dadaan, although yun nga medyo mahihirapan talaga yung engineers dun bilang may flyover dun sa Metrowalk.
Im just thinking na mas lalaliman pa nila... Dig deeper ika nga... Haha... Yung station ang mejo gagawan ng paraan kasi sa baba ren yun...
Old July 15th, 2017, 05:27 AM   #667
romyman

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
station ? are you referring to the underground tunnel...Riyadh Metro tunnel is 30 meters deep... which i think is the standard depth for subway tunnels already built areas. a
romyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 05:33 AM   #668
lil_prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyman View Post
station ? are you referring to the underground tunnel...Riyadh Metro tunnel is 30 meters deep... which i think is the standard depth for subway tunnels already built areas. a
Yes sir ganyan nga usapan sa meetings 30 or more meters down... Lalo na nga sa 1. pasig river bed; 2. The fort area to makati (kalayaan) -pasig river since may historical tunnels 3. North cor mindanao since bahain yung area ng VMMC po
Old July 15th, 2017, 05:40 PM   #669
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 2993

Quote:
Yes sir ganyan nga usapan sa meetings 30 or more meters down... Lalo na nga sa 1. pasig river bed; 2. The fort area to makati (kalayaan) -pasig river since may historical tunnels 3. North cor mindanao since bahain yung area ng VMMC po
That's deep and goes deeper than in those 3 sections. The more I follow this, the more I start thinking very wet dream. I just hope the escalators and elevators will be in tip top shape condition and maintenance. Stations will be 100 feet down. However, if the gov't really is dead set in getting a subway running under Metro Manila, despite all the costs, challenges and issues they have to deal with.

Very straight north-south alignment from Novaliches down to Cavite. A straight line is the shortest route since they're digging under structures, might as make it straight down. It will also cover the metro in the middle (east/west), will go through highly dense areas, and in the future maybe these beat up districts of Metro Manila will be revitalized, or experience extreme makeover. Other than that, I'd rather they put their money on a MRT on C5 end to end, focus on creating interchanges, putting an integrated bus, puv route system and management, reinstating the old Line 4 alignment to Novaliches (which can be done partly as a subway too). And maybe invest in monorails for shorter distances connecting districts and urban rails.

We're trying to address the past with this mega Manila subway. I believe JICA in the early 70's already had a subway plan for Metro Manila. But too many decades have gone passed, and we've missed the boat. Building a subway for subway sake is not the objective. Connecting Metro Manila is so people can move around more efficiently in a logical, organized fashion, and leave their vehicles at home. There are better ways to connect people of Metro Manila with other transport mix. Whatever transpo systems they put in place, they'll have to MANAGE, OPERATE and MAINTAIN it. That's the biggest challenge.

Quote:
sir, yung Detailed Engineering and Design is on-going, same with its EIA... but again, mainit na usapin yan during the meeting
I can just imagine.

s_w_stars está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 03:24 PM   #670
mach_5
Welcome to Cyberspace

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danica47 View Post
You did great on this one! Ano ginamit mong drawing software for this?
Also, if you don't mind, are you related to Department of Transportation? Thank you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaviusIII View Post
I'm really having trouble keeping track of which lines are actually planned for and which lines were proposed and abandoned. Nevertheless, here's the map I have right now based upon the BRT plans in place and speculated upon, the LRT/MRT extension plans in place, the PNR extension plans in place, and the CNN map. It needs some work around NAIA and a few just attention-to-detail fixes, but this is the best I can figure out right now for what this administration wants to do:

Here's the big version of the map.

I'll update this map yet again with the C3 option from the 2015 JICA report unless there's a consensus agreement about which alignment is actually moving forward; that would make the most sense to put into a future rapid transit map.

MRT 3 extended to MOA?

---
Old July 18th, 2017, 04:00 AM   #671
GodIsNotGreat

Likes (Received): 1062

Kind of apprehensive about the reliability of this line knowing that there seems to be no accompanying flood control system.

Unless anti-flooding measures have improved a lot in Manila. Haven't been there for a good number of years.
"About the gods I have no way of knowing either that they exist or they don't exist, or what they are to look at. Many things prevent my knowing. Among others, the fact that they are never seen." - Protagoras

s_w_stars liked this post
GodIsNotGreat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 03:39 PM   #672
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 2993

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodIsNotGreat View Post
Kind of apprehensive about the reliability of this line knowing that there seems to be no accompanying flood control system.

Unless anti-flooding measures have improved a lot in Manila. Haven't been there for a good number of years.
Still gets flooded in the usual areas. The lower parts of Manila are below sea level, and the esteros are pretty much paved over. Water flows between Laguna de Bai and Manila Bay. Pasig is a 2-way river. Where is the water to go? During Ondoy, there were parts of Metro Manila, incl the ones on higher ground in QC getting flooded. But as the proponents say they have the technology to mitigate all these stuff...I don't trust what they say but go ahead make their day.

GodIsNotGreat liked this post
s_w_stars está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 11:00 PM   #673
GodIsNotGreat

Likes (Received): 1062

LOL! Tuloy lang ang project kahit merong posibleng aberya.
I'm reminded of Juan de la Cruz' "Balong Malalim"

Sige pa nang sige
Kahit na dumudumi
Ang isipan ng tao
O dito sa mundong ito
Wala na bang remedyo
Ang ating mga ulo?
"About the gods I have no way of knowing either that they exist or they don't exist, or what they are to look at. Many things prevent my knowing. Among others, the fact that they are never seen." - Protagoras

s_w_stars liked this post
GodIsNotGreat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 07:57 PM   #674
jefflacs
err.. ok

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Sharing with you pictures of their presentation during our Feb to Mar 2017 Public Scoping

https://ibb.co/e7ZMqF

https://ibb.co/fjEt4a

https://ibb.co/jfiWqF

https://ibb.co/gQvY4a

https://ibb.co/jx6ecv

https://ibb.co/ck9zcv

sana matuloy yung bayani road station, I was tweeting DOTR na sana maglagay sila ng station dun at madami kasing potential passengers dun. Plus space is not a problem dahil may space na for a station along C5
Old July 21st, 2017, 02:33 PM   #675
yeontura
친구를 만나느라 샤샤샤

Likes (Received): 23

Chances Elon Musk will bring his Boring Company and his boring machines to bring boredom onto this route?
yeontura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 03:54 PM   #676
Magniko
Puti Puti DDS member

Likes (Received): 445

That would be extremely boring

erzo01 liked this post
Magniko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 04:59 PM   #677
Transporter89
Infrastructures/Cities

Likes (Received): 839

Ha??

Bulabugin natin ang gobyerno! Huwag tayong titigil hangga't hindi ito bumibili ng karagdagang tren at kumukuha ng magagaling at matitinong railway managers. Dikdikin natin ang gobyerno para diinan din nito ang mga negosyanteng nanlalamang sa kontrata at serbisyo.
Transporter89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 06:10 PM   #678
encarleone

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magniko View Post
That would be extremely boring
I see what you did there

Kidding aside, medyo malabo. Masyado pang small time ang PH para pagtuunan ng pansin ni Elon Musk.
Old July 22nd, 2017, 07:44 AM   #679
alvingod

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by encarleone View Post
I see what you did there

Kidding aside, medyo malabo. Masyado pang small time ang PH para pagtuunan ng pansin ni Elon Musk.
Saka underdeveloped pa yun gustong gawin ni Elon Musk.

Essentially he wants to make tunnels that are smaller in diameter but are cheaper and faster to build. The idea is the easier it is to build this tunnels. The technologies that can use this tunnels will progress faster. He is not thinking current rail or highway. It is more for the future techs
alvingod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 09:52 AM   #680
Batman2008

Likes (Received): 2

Pernia: Feasibility study on Metro Manila subway to be completed this month

lil_prince, RayQ liked this post
Batman2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote