SkyscraperCity Forum banner
181 - 200 of 254 Posts
There is also a plot that has been sold directly north - between the Post Office and the Florist (that I think used to be a Metal club) opposite Tyne Square - but not sure what is planned there.
139 Stirling St, was for auction this coming Thursday.

http://www.realcommercial.com.au/property-land+development-wa-perth-502412190

EDGE OF TRANSFORMATION: CBD DEVELOPMENT SITE

Big picture thinking means acting now to be part of the transformation of the Stirling Street Precinct.

On the north-eastern side of the CBD and one door down from a rare inner-city park is an ideal site for residential or mixed residential and business development. Here you are walking distance to restaurants, cafes, supermarket, the train station and Ellington's jazz club; the vibrant Beaufort St strip of Highgate and Mt Lawley is up the road and you are four blocks from the Perth Cultural Centre, about to be transformed with Australia's grandest cultural infrastructure project, the new Museum.

Adjacent to a row of heritage shops opposite the park, this 769sqm site offers potential green views unlikely to be built out. A workshop building with laneway access currently occupies the site. There is great flexibility here for ground floor commercial premises and multi-storey apartments, with the choice of long term residential, or serviced apartments, short term or student accommodation.

The City of Perth is committed to the creation of an attractive, people-friendly streetscape and atmosphere in the precinct, proposing environmental improvements to Stirling St and further developing adjacent Beaufort St as a grand, tree-lined promenade.

Right now, on the cusp of change that will add value, is the perfect time to secure this land to develop now or in the future.

- Residential/commercial multi-storey development site
- 769sqm (15.29m x 50.33m)
- Plot ratio: 4:1 (in the maximum bonus ratio area of 50% - 6:1)
- No prescribed height limit

two doors down is the student accommodation tower, down the road opposite (towards city) is Verdant. would it be one of those you mean?
Nah it's not Verdant, that's on tha other side if tha road.

I should say 2-3 lots not blocks, it's directly behind this building on the same side.

When I was doing Planning at Curtin in the early 90's, this is precisely what I had dreamed of and pictured in my head as to what Northbridge and surrounds would start to resemble in the near future. i.e. a peppering of 20+ storey residential towers in what was then still called the "inner-mixed" zone (which it still is in all but name). Just took a little longer to eventuate than I and most of us would have liked.

181 - 200 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.