SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#ERV | Projects and Discussion | The Springs | Urban Renewal

244K views 1K replies 115 participants last post by  hayds 
#1 ·
http://www.springviewtowers.com.au/

188 Apartments in 16 and 8 level buildings plus one 6 level commerical building. First stage of 'The Springs' urban renewal project.

http://clients.weblink.com.au/clients/finbar/article.asp?asx=FRI&view=6619069 (pdf)

http://www.springsrivervale.com.au/News/View/?article_id=25855

Finbar to kick off Springs Rivervale redevelopment

Finbar Group has announced it will construct a $128 million, 188-apartment and office complex at LandCorp's Springs Rivervale redevelopment site.

Finbar said today that it had received development approval to build a residential complex comprising a 16-storey tower and an 8-level building at Springs Rivervale, while a six-storey, 6,250 square metre office building was also approved.

The residential complex will comprise a range of one, two, and three bedroom apartments, and the entire development is expected to be complete by 2015.

FInbar, which led a joint venture to purchase the 7,441 square metre site located on the corner of Great Eastern Highway and the Graham Farmer Freeway, said the development would become the gateway to the Springs Rivervale redevelopment.

Managing director Darren Pateman said the approval was timed perfectly to coincide with Crown Perth's new $570 million six star luxury hotel plan and the state government's proposed $900 million new major stadium at Burswood.

“The whole Burswood precinct will be transformed over the next four years and the Springs is a key element with this renewal process,” Mr Pateman said in a statement.

“Our apartments will offer views of the river and city and their proximity to public transport, access to the CBD, the airport, and major arterial road systems will make this a very convenient and accessible development.

The 14 hectare Springs Rivervale redevelopment precinct, located across the Swan River from the Peninsula golf course in Maylands and adjacent to the Graham Farmer Freeway and Great Eastern Highway, is being managed by government agency LandCorp.

LandCorp's development plan calls for a mix of medium to high density housing to provide more than 1,000 dwellings along with office and commercial buildings.

See less See more
#6 ·
well its kinda expected, unlike other city areas there hasn't been much investment to cater for residents apart from burswood. hopefully tha springs can turn be a new commercial/entertainment centre for tha area...

#7 ·
Is there good public transport in the immediate area? I just don't think it would be that appealing to walk down GE Hwy or through the industrial area to get to the train station, especially at night. Hopefully this development won't rely on cars too much

#8 ·
This is already listed on the Realestate Website. Couple of the renders already posted in Dockers posts, here are some more:

1 Bedroom apartments with intercom, access to digital Pay TV, broadband internet, split airconditioning, 1 bathroom, balcony & 1 secure car space with access to pool, gym & outdoor entertaining areas start from $380,000

2 Bedroom apartments with intercom, access to digital Pay TV, broadband internet, split airconditioning, 2 bathrooms, balcony & 2 secure car space with access to pool, gym & outdoor entertaining areas start from $495,000

3 Bedroom Apartments
Price from $630,000

SOURCE - Realestate site full address here

#14 ·
Highly likely as a station upgrade at Burswood is part of the stadium transport upgrade along with Belmont racecourse.

Actually still about a 10 minute walk (5 if you walk fast) from there to the station and the area near the "anytime" convenience store and Empire bar (formerly "The Rivervale" ) is a known trouble spot late at night.

I am glad this (well the tallest) is close to the height limit, I saw the planning scheme a couple of year ago and the height limit along the fwy and hwy is 20-25 storeys.

I think the springs is better suited to office building along the main roads and residential closer to the river however the 2 big river lots have not been released yet [stage 3]

#41 ·
same situation as me. bought a 2x1 with a big balcony (27 sqm) over a 2x2 with a much smaller balcony (about 10 sqm). Was 10k cheaper too. bigger balcony is worth its weight in gold.

overall 2x2's are far more common in cockburn central. but the 2x1 that do get built are usually around 10k cheaper.

#30 ·
2x1 apartment's are annoying if one bedroom has ensuite access, and another doesn't. personally i'm looking at getting property with a friend, as I'm sure a lot of other people are, and all apartment's still seem to be aimed at couples, or where 1 bedroom is superior to the other. would be great to see a lot more product where the bedroom's are 'equal' in size/access to bathrooms/storage etc.