SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#ERV | Projects and Discussion | The Springs | Urban Renewal

244K views 1K replies 115 participants last post by  hayds 
#1 ·
http://www.springviewtowers.com.au/

188 Apartments in 16 and 8 level buildings plus one 6 level commerical building. First stage of 'The Springs' urban renewal project.

http://clients.weblink.com.au/clients/finbar/article.asp?asx=FRI&view=6619069 (pdf)

http://www.springsrivervale.com.au/News/View/?article_id=25855

Finbar to kick off Springs Rivervale redevelopment

Finbar Group has announced it will construct a $128 million, 188-apartment and office complex at LandCorp's Springs Rivervale redevelopment site.

Finbar said today that it had received development approval to build a residential complex comprising a 16-storey tower and an 8-level building at Springs Rivervale, while a six-storey, 6,250 square metre office building was also approved.

The residential complex will comprise a range of one, two, and three bedroom apartments, and the entire development is expected to be complete by 2015.

FInbar, which led a joint venture to purchase the 7,441 square metre site located on the corner of Great Eastern Highway and the Graham Farmer Freeway, said the development would become the gateway to the Springs Rivervale redevelopment.

Managing director Darren Pateman said the approval was timed perfectly to coincide with Crown Perth's new $570 million six star luxury hotel plan and the state government's proposed $900 million new major stadium at Burswood.

“The whole Burswood precinct will be transformed over the next four years and the Springs is a key element with this renewal process,” Mr Pateman said in a statement.

“Our apartments will offer views of the river and city and their proximity to public transport, access to the CBD, the airport, and major arterial road systems will make this a very convenient and accessible development.

The 14 hectare Springs Rivervale redevelopment precinct, located across the Swan River from the Peninsula golf course in Maylands and adjacent to the Graham Farmer Freeway and Great Eastern Highway, is being managed by government agency LandCorp.

LandCorp's development plan calls for a mix of medium to high density housing to provide more than 1,000 dwellings along with office and commercial buildings.

See less See more
#33 ·
. always thought 2 bedders would be used by a single person or couple, perhaps with a kid. never really considered the whole 2 friends idea which makes sense nowadays i guess.

how many people do buy a place with a friend though? isnt it pretty rare?

#35 ·
i actually disagree with that jackso. if a someone is buying a place for themselves and looking to rent out a room then chances are they would want the bigger room and more space.

ultimately if both bedrooms are to be somewhat equal the main bedroom has to be smaller, the floor space has to come from somewhere so it's a question of who would be willing to have say 2 3.3x3.1 sqm bedrooms vs say a 3.5x3.3 and a 3x3

#47 ·
For ours it was maybe a 5% difference. Nothing really nce you factor in the balcony. ours 62 sqm internal and the 2x1 maybe 70 off memory.

In the Australand built Kingston (stage 3). 2x1 = 75 sqm internal and 20 sqm balcony. 2x2 = 80 sqm internal and 10 sqm balcony. 2x1 is 10k cheaper.

#43 ·
I think 2 full bathrooms are only needed if you going to live with a room mate. I bought my 3x2 with intention of renting it out. The design I like because the main living area plus en suite was at ine end while 2 bedrooms and bath were at the other end. No noise came through.