SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PERTH | Completed | QT Hotel and Apartments [66m | Mixed]

104K views 487 replies 90 participants last post by  HighgateJohnny 
#1 ·
#CBD | Completed | QT Hotel and Apartments [66m | Mixed]

33 – 141 (LOT 20) MURRAY STREET, PERTH –PROPOSED CONSTRUCTION OF A 21 LEVEL MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT CONTAINING 184 HOTEL ROOMS, 15 MULTIPLE DWELLINGS, GROUND FLOOR RETAIL USES AND 42 CAR PARKING BAYS – BONUS PLOT RATIO​

HEIGHT: 66.2m to plant
FLOORS: 22 (2B + 19)
ROOMS: 184 Hotel, 15 Resi
ARCHITECT: Candalepas Associates
DEVELOPER: Amalgamated Holdings LTD
COST: $21.5m+

Approval is sought to demolish the existing building on the subject site and to construct a 21 level mixed-use development containing 184 hotel
rooms, 15 multiple dwellings and 42 car parking bays. Details of the proposed development include the following:

-Two basement levels accessed via Murra y Street containing 11 guest and staff car parking bays for the hotel and 42 residential tenant car parking bays. The basement levels also accommodate associated plant and storage areas.

-Pedestrian access for hotel guests and the residents is proposed via Murray
Street into a shared lobby and café area with an associated hotel back of house area and facilities.

-A ground floor retail tenancy occupying the Barrack Street frontage.

-Levels One and Two accommodate hotel amenities and guest facilities
including a restaurant, bar, spa, meeting rooms and hotel staff amenities.

-Levels Three to Six each accommodating 16 single bedroom hotel rooms with
an outlook to the north, south or west of the site.

-Levels Seven to 14 each accommodating 15 single bedroom hotel rooms with
an outlook to the north, south or west of the site.

-Levels 15 to 17 accommodating a total of 15 multiple dwellings ranging from
single bedroom to three bedroom dwellings each with an external balcony
overlooking the north, south or west of the site.

-External building materials for the proposed development include concrete,
aluminium and steel framed windows, glazed tiles, steel plates, masonry,
profiled aluminium and metal balustrades.

http://perth.wa.gov.au/documentdb/3700.pdf

See less See more
#321 ·
Shelley Indyk and her team worked on QT Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Wellington.

THE HOTEL INTERIOR DESIGNER
http://www.traveller.com.au/designer-travel-beauty-through-the-eye-of-an-architect-gy0p7z

Shelley Indyk, Director Indyk Architects

"The principle of the city-based QT hotel brand is that it is particular to the city it is located within. We are proud to design all items within our fitouts. At the time of developing QT Sydney from 2010 there was nothing quite like the concept in Sydney. The buildings and the whole quirky theme became the dominating influence.

"With the QT Melbourne our team spent several visits exploring Melbourne city to absorb the design feel of the neighbourhood and its creators. The rooms are highly-designed reflecting an industrial chic, which we felt was very Melbourne.

"QT Museum Wellington has evolved from an existing hotel, which was already quirky with an extensive local New Zealand art collection on show throughout the ground floor public areas. We worked up a new elegance and changed the whole ground floor area displaying the art within oversized reflecting framed panels propped against the walls.

"We're working on QT Perth now and have been doing so for two years. It will be something a little richer than Melbourne, not so industrial with very dramatic colours and more brass metal detailing."

QT Sydney, Melbourne and the new QT Wellington are open now. QT Perth will open in 2018.

#323 · (Edited)

I feel better about how this will turn out, if only because it could look a bit better than Melbournes QT to compare apples with apples. At street level it will be a great improvement. QT went up on an old Greater Union site in Melbourne too.

I guess it's better ours has a greater presence in height than width, sort of saves it a bit being more compact. Whereas Melbournes has a whole lot of that wall to look at.

Besides all of that it will be an awesome little luxury hotel added to the list.

QT Hotel, in Russell Street.

image hosting free no registration

image upload no ads

This decorative flourish qualifies as an Australia Post stamp, so we just have to decide where to post it to.

temp image upload
At first I thought it was a refurb of a 60s building and then I realised that it is a new build - unbelievable !!!
^^ That's what I thought as well, still don't believe it's a new building...
God it's terrible ;)

#330 ·
They obviously have taken the approach of building something simple and inexpensive structurally and putting more towards the cutouts and operations because QT hotels generally have a pretty good reputation and I've only heard people saying good things about the Melbourne one, without once mentioning what the exterior looks like. In fact until the last page i had no idea what it looked like externally.

Probably a smart move, ultimately it seems to be working for them and most people who aren't booking a Shangri la or Ritz type hotel really wouldn't give a damn what the exterior looks like. Aloft hotels tend to look basic too but their different approach to service and fitouts has been a big success for SPG

#342 ·
:lol:

Yes if only this was built on the other side of Equus to be kind of hidden and hide Equus's blank wall. Then at least this bold monstrosity would be at least out of the view from a corner site.

Oh well too late now.

Edit may as well bump the images on the previous page... it was posted at the very bottom...

Good lord what have i done. :nuts: Now we see Medina's blank space wall and the corner blank wall of the QT hotel.

#352 ·
Barrack St is becoming great. I wouldn't have guessed hayds's photo was of Perth if someone showed it to me three years ago.
Yep looking at the pic you have a wide range of places attractions in there...

TAB, Large Asian Fried Chicken, Loi's supermarket, Salvos shop, Club X adult club.. Then iirc you can find some goths hanging out at the Maccas on the next corner.

Then further up you got the Up market end of the Treasury, old Town Hall, bank offices and then up near the Bell Tower and Supreme Court Gardens you got the new Ritzy Hotel getting built.

Yep, Barrack Street has it all. "Barrack Street - a great place to do business." :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.