SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Perth World Trade Centre Proposal

82K views 406 replies 92 participants last post by  hack404 
#1 ·
#164 · (Edited)
Found this. I trolled through to check all 9 pages of this thread first too before posting:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BeauPearson/status/821522626111643649

Edit: I wish that was a clear enough photo to read. Maybe some one can contact Beau P. of Ch10 for the original photo. :)

Edit2: Added images from previous page for comparison:

Edit 3:Thanks to Highgate Johnny now i can see how the railway line would be covered up...
It looks like you can build the tall towers without ripping up too much of the railway. As the lowrise buildings are over the railway. Probably still have to sink it though.

I am interested to know how they will go about it all though. Build the shorter tower first perhaps?

#188 ·
My mate worked as an air traffic controller at Perth Airport for 5+ years and has no specific knowledge of why but suggests the fact that runway 06/24 is almost an exact straight line to the cbd could be the reason ...

JFK runways 31L and 31R point directly towards lower and midtown Manhattan, which didn't hinder the construction of the One World Trade Centre rising to 541m

#191 ·
The New York area has a lot more radar sites tying into the NYC TRACON (the central ATC center for all flights in that area) and towers at the various airports which means they get radar coverage from a lot more angles.

So if a tall building prevents proper radar coverage by the radar at JFK (for example) the blind spot can be filled in by the radar at another airport.

Perth on the other hand has just the one radar at Perth Airport (Jandakot doesn't have a radar system as far as I can tell)

#192 ·
Perhaps the height of the second tower will be capped at 300m instead of the proposed ~345m. Will still be a great outcome for the city. The true benefits of WTC Perth are the new potential linkages at Pier and Moore which will create new avenues across the city, the extensive ground level activations on wellington street, and the potential underground FAL platforms, rather than an extra 45m of height.

#201 ·
I wonder how expensive the cap on top of the train line will come in as to allow for six tracks for future train station growth?

Also there are probably still a number of properties for WTC corp acquire before it can go ahead. Its probably going to need the wilson carpark on Wellington and also 18-22 Stirling street

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.