SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Summary | Western Australian Development | Guide and Updates

105K views 134 replies 51 participants last post by  BlueBloque 
#1 · (Edited)
#48 ·
This rush of tower proposals for South Perth is quite astonishing. Exciting times indeed. If someone had said 12 months ago that South Perth would be getting 130m proposals I would have laughed in your face. Have I missed somewhere that there's been a change in the City of South Perth's TPS regarding height limits in this general location? Most existing buildings seem to have a uniform height.

#49 ·
Despite everything that's happening, there seems to be a lot that's gone quiet/dead

1. Sites 5&6, EQ. Supposed to have been announced late last year
2. All the Hilton proposals.
3. Holiday Inn Express, Adelaide Tce
4. Ibis Styles, Adelaide Tce
5. Mantra, Wellington St. A contractor was appointed and everything.
6. Amara, Adelaide Tce. Last known activity was DA for extra parking.

#53 ·
Metropolitan thread.

#54 ·
I've been working on a little side project of late to attempt to map out developments happening in Perth (and surrounds) as a bit of a guide for the SSC WA forum. I've done my best to provide a little snapshot of each development based on readily available information in the public domain.

The format I've used is Google Maps, the information may not be 100% accurate bearing in mind the main sources of information are Development Applications etc. The link is below:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=ztKEm9zCVdlc.k4ZsZkFwuTCI&usp=sharing

Any feedback is appreciated, if you have any corrections, changes or things you'd like to see on there please let me know. This is my first attempt at this and is intended to be a nice visual guide for the benefit of the regulars here (including the lurkers). I hope to make it an evolving thing and keep up to date as much as possible.

#61 ·
Thanks for all the comments all, appreciate it.

Unfortunately I don't see a way to make this happen, especially considering I don't have access to that service. If you have any suggestions or would like to help I'm happy to try incorporate it.

That's really cool Buddha. Now if you can just do a 3d model of it all in your spare time! :)
Haha, thanks! Yeh, my brain could barely handle drawing a rectangle onto a Google map, any 3d modelling would be well beyond my capability :)

Great map, any chance it can be updated to include under-construction/proposed/approved/whatever for the various big shopping center developments like the Carousel development or the stuff at Joondalup?
Yep, happy to add it in. If you have any info you could PM me to get me started, I'd appreciate it.

#58 ·
Great work, thanks Buddha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.