daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise

Metro Manila Projects on the Rise Proposals and U/C's in the capital, Metro Manila
» Makati | Pasig - Mandaluyong - San Juan | Quezon City | Taguig | Manila City and the rest of the Metro | Completed projects



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 30th, 2014, 01:55 AM   #41
solo_traveller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 35
Likes (Received): 4

so is there a way this thread can have separate groups by developer or by developer/development? and also a general thread discussing tips/rules/guidelines for those yet to buy, those in the middle of purchase, and those experiencing issues. Seems to be it's still buyer beware, some education, and rules of the law. I'm a first time buyer (just paid the first 10% deposit), and I've clarified what I need the condo for (not to make money/investment that's for sure - but keen for it to offset cost of hotels when I am in M.Manila). I started renting via airbnb, and some unit owners are able to rent them to $100/day for 1 bed.
solo_traveller no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old April 26th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #42
ming88
Registered User
 
ming88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31
Likes (Received): 0

i have units with Megaworld and recently received the CTBS. I was shocked to see their assigment fees (sale before turn over) is php 300,000 per unit. this is way above the unusual fees for other development, yet i have no recourse although this was not said to me when i purchased the units. Too late to back off but very disappointed indeed.
ming88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #43
rage30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 66
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_traveller View Post
so is there a way this thread can have separate groups by developer or by developer/development? and also a general thread discussing tips/rules/guidelines for those yet to buy, those in the middle of purchase, and those experiencing issues. Seems to be it's still buyer beware, some education, and rules of the law. I'm a first time buyer (just paid the first 10% deposit), and I've clarified what I need the condo for (not to make money/investment that's for sure - but keen for it to offset cost of hotels when I am in M.Manila). I started renting via airbnb, and some unit owners are able to rent them to $100/day for 1 bed.
Is that here in the Philippines? Not bad for $100.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
rage30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #44
rage30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 66
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ming88 View Post
i have units with Megaworld and recently received the CTBS. I was shocked to see their assigment fees (sale before turn over) is php 300,000 per unit. this is way above the unusual fees for other development, yet i have no recourse although this was not said to me when i purchased the units. Too late to back off but very disappointed indeed.
Is that not supposed to be computed before you buy a unit and start paying them?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
rage30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #45
ming88
Registered User
 
ming88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31
Likes (Received): 0

Unfortunately not. Was not there when I purchased it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage30 View Post
Is that not supposed to be computed before you buy a unit and start paying them? Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
ming88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #46
cherrybustos
Registered User
 
cherrybustos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_face View Post
Pardon my ignorance, are there any developers who are reliable in Manila?
Yes there is and its Ayala Land, the brand says it all. :-)
cherrybustos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #47
cherrybustos
Registered User
 
cherrybustos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulidia View Post
This is a much needed thread and one that I will read with interest.

Personally, being based in UK and awaiting the turnover of two units, I'm already rather frustrated. Initially turnover was due in 2012 but was delayed which I fully expected and had no real problems with.

However, it is the developer's lack of communication and, more so, inability to advise on turnover dates that I am finding annoying. In late May 2013, I received an email from the developer to advise that the units would be available for turnover in July.

Then, at start of July when I sought confirmation, they advised turnover would now be "around September" but could not yet, and still have to, confirm an actual date. I'm concerned, given I need to prepare in advance for trips to the Philippines (esp. regarding time off work) that the developer thinks I can, or will, just drop all my other responsibilities to accept turnover at a time that suits them.
There might be changes on the given turnover dates so better that youre sure of the exact date when will your unit be available for turnover.
cherrybustos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #48
hicCupNoodle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 54
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_face View Post
Pardon my ignorance, are there any developers who are reliable in Manila?
Well for me, DMCI is the one. I'm currently staying in one of DMCI's project. My mom and I used to live in Ayala Land but then we left and chose to stay in a house. Now that i'm in the right age, I decided to live in condo again but didn't chose Ayala Land for some reasons rather I chose DMCI.

Last edited by hicCupNoodle; August 12th, 2014 at 12:10 PM.
hicCupNoodle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 06:50 AM   #49
smdc_chateauelysee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

SMDC Turn over problem

Hi I have same problem the unit was turned over last November 30, 2014 not knowing that this is a problem unit. The previous complained the unit and SMDC did not fix it before selling it to me. Read my blog and share please. http://manilacondobusiness.wordpress.com/




Quote:
Originally Posted by chocnut View Post
I've been looking at the other threads and some (like Trion's) have been very helpful in getting the unit buyers together to sort out issues.

At the same time, I'm learning now that it's becoming a common practice (or problem?) for developers to transfer ownership to their unit buyers some time after. In some cases, it takes about a year.

With this in mind, and with the permission of the Moderators, I hope that we can start this thread so that we can help each other by warning each other about unsound business practices and things to look out for.
smdc_chateauelysee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 06:53 AM   #50
smdc_chateauelysee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

Check your unit before accept it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybustos View Post
There might be changes on the given turnover dates so better that youre sure of the exact date when will your unit be available for turnover.
Hi, before you accept the unit please double check the unit.
http://manilacondobusiness.wordpress.com/
smdc_chateauelysee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 07:04 AM   #51
rage30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 66
Likes (Received): 1

Nov 2014?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
rage30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #52
promd1
PROMD1
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 24
Likes (Received): 4

I guess im not the only one who have had this problems
I had the exact same problems with mega world
I had to wait 3 long years for them to finish the turn over of paperwork
Never again I go trough that
It is so disappointing
Keep asking the ssme paper work
You send it to them
Then they tell you its expired
Im just glad im done with them
If I knew I had to go trough all that trouble
I wouldnt have bought a unit in Rockwell
promd1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 11:40 AM   #53
ming88
Registered User
 
ming88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by promd1 View Post
I guess im not the only one who have had this problems I had the exact same problems with mega world I had to wait 3 long years for them to finish the turn over of paperwork Never again I go trough that It is so disappointing Keep asking the ssme paper work You send it to them Then they tell you its expired Im just glad im done with them If I knew I had to go trough all that trouble I wouldnt have bought a unit in Rockwell
3 year is jaw dropping to say the least. Can you share what happened your experience with Megaworld ? I have some units with them
ming88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #54
Impregnator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ming88 View Post
3 year is jaw dropping to say the least. Can you share what happened your experience with Megaworld ? I have some units with them
Same here, issues with Megaworld. Paid the reservation fee and 1 year plus later still waiting for the contract to buy and sell but I'm looking at 100% cash payment so happy that I didn't pay anything so far. I won't pay until i have all the documentation but I know other buyers who started paying the installments but don't have any documents after several months.

And funny part is that Megaworld is very good at chasing you when you are late on payments but when it comes to give you your documentation they will ignore you.

Their staff is absolutely UNPROFESSIONAL, lots of promises to give me updates but in the end they never call back, never tell you anything.

I think the scary part is that the agency marketing the project decided to drop marketing for them because they encountered several similar issues and the buyers were chasing the agency which was in turn chasing Megaworld and facing the same response issues. So imagine if a profesionnal organization is struggling with Megaworld how it must be for individuals...

Those issues were faced on One Central, Two Central and Three Central projects.
Impregnator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #55
ming88
Registered User
 
ming88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31
Likes (Received): 0

Thanks for sharing. They (Megaworld) threatened me with a legal demand letter for a payment which is not due. I was so pissed and they apologize to me formally afterwards. My project - bayshore was late for 2 years
ming88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu