SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Welcome, everyone!

18K views 67 replies 22 participants last post by  Taller, Better 
#1 ·
Please join us in this exciting new forum dedicated to the San Francisco Bay region! I think it is long overdue, and look forward to seeing some news reaching the rest of us on developments there! :cheers:

#46 ·
OK, folks I will be closing the Development News threads to start anew and this time create threads for bigger projects in your respective places. I will be creating a general development thread for smaller scale developments where you can post the news or anything related to your cities.

#47 ·
Updates

I am going to merge the San Francisco Districts since it will just clutter the forum and will put it all in one News and Development thread. I will be making separate threads for other Bay Area counties so we can post development news from other smaller cities too.

#51 ·
Hi there!

The only threads that will be on the top will be photo and tourism threads. Also, please use the new designated thread for San Jose since the reason I locked the old one was because it's being ruined by trolls and recent projects were transferred to the new one. It's way easier to start anew and posting or viewing counts shouldn't be a priority anyway.

Thank you

JoshuaSantos said:
Animo, I appreciate all the hard work that you have put into building and activating this forum.

All that I ask is that you sticky one of the San Jose forums.

#52 ·
Is the new thread "San José Infrastructure and Urban Planning"? If so you should really change the message that pops up when you roll over the link or create some sort of new thread from scratch.

Also the old thread was amazing for about 5 years and was only ruined by a single troll, Durf2. Banning him from that section of the site would have allowed it to keep going. That thread had almost a quarter million views.

I've also noticed you stickied like 4 SF photo threads. How about including a photo thread that could be inclusive of the entire bay area?

#54 ·
Did you checked the thread called San Francisco Bay Area? It has pictures from Oakland, Alameda, San Jose and Marin county. Also, this is the SF Bay Area forum and we don't have to follow other forum norms. You are always welcome to post more photos there and the vintage thread since those are not exclusive to San Francisco.

To have photos or tourism topics only to be stickied would let other members to actually participate in other threads. Thus, making our forum the priority and not just our individual cities. One of our purposes here is to establish an active Bay Area forum.

P.S.

Having the most post or viewing counts does not matter. It's actually the content that matters the most and having to start over would be ideal for cleaning up.

JoshuaSantos said:
I've also noticed you stickied like 4 SF photo threads. How about including a photo thread that could be inclusive of the entire bay area?

#55 ·
I hope you can see our perspective as well. For 5 years, that was the most active forum for San Jose development anywhere on the internet, and for what it's worth I thought we did have quality content in there. People from the forum even met up for beers in real life. It's a lot of work that you just killed.

I also hope you can also understand the fact that the people of San Jose feel like they are their own city, not a suburb of San Francisco... which really seems like the way you're treating us in these forums. Every other city anywhere close to the size of San Jose has their own sticky thread somewhere in SSC, I can't understand why you can't offer this to us as well. Are any other administrators reading this? San Jose has a million people, is one sticky really too much to ask for?

#56 ·
Like I have said prior to this its easier to manage and to start anew. If you have not seen the difference with the current organization:

Cities threads: named with "Infrastructure and Urban Planning"

Counties threads: named with "Development News"

I haven't finish making proper and specific threads because I was busy during the weekend. I'll let your thread to be as it is, but I am just telling you that its was easier to update and actually talk issues in those formats.

Santa Rosa, Oakland, San Francisco, and San José will be the dominant cities in this section. Also, no specific city should be given "special" privileges because its simply not fair. I really doubt I killed anything, but just made our lives easier to manage topics.

#59 ·
I know this forum was just recently created, but why not a California forum instead? California forum for weather, economy, earthquake, politics talk and both a San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles sub-forum that can be entered from the main North America forum.

#67 ·
Hello everyone!

We have our new sections for projects and proposal around the Bay Area. I would like for everyone to participate and put up individual projects in your cities so that it would encompass a larger section and its not just for San Francisco projects.

Thanks,

Animo
Forum moderator

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.