Dates : 2013 - construction currently underway
Client : Association de l’Ecole Française de Luanda
Design team : MATAG Arquitectos e Associados, Martin Duplantier Architectes
Mission : Design Conception
Built area : 3 041 m²

:cheers:

Luanda, precisely in the tropics

Local materials, local businesses, local know-how

The extension project for the Lycée Français (French High School) is the opportunity to test local building norms by integrating a contextual design with abundant solar protection, natural ventilation and plant palettes. In doing so, the school takes on a new dimension on the Plateau of Luanda. The building footprint is minimized and therefore allows all four facades of the three structures to be sufficiently ventilated with a continuous flux of circulating air.

The façade, sheathed in wood from local sources, protects against the sun.

The volume, perched atop sculpted stilts, houses classrooms, administrative offices, a cafeteria and a gymnasium.

http://martinduplantier.com/projet/lycee-francais-a-luanda-test-anglais/
© 2015 Copyright Martin Duplantier Architectes.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea for sure Matt Angolans getting experience. The French have just done a billion dollars deal with the owners of the aaa Angola hotels which includes building mote structures so hopefully there's more to come

#4 ·
Yea for sure Matt Angolans getting experience. The French have just done a billion dollars deal with the owners of the aaa Angola hotels which includes building mote structures so hopefully there's more to come ��
Just done?

Well, that deal was signed when Mr Hollande came to Angola a couple of months ago in order to fish for lucrative deals for French companies.

To the best of my knowledge, AAA Hotels will be absorbed by French group "Accor Hotels". Sorry, but if that deal turns reality, there is nothing to rejoice. I thought that AAA Hotels would become a professionally run national flagship brand and not something "remote-controlled" straight from France.

If you are happy about it, so rejoice. But I will not jump on the train - in this regard.

#9 · (Edited)
Just done?

Well, that deal was signed when Mr Hollande came to Angola a couple of months ago in order to fish for lucrative deals for French companies.

To the best of my knowledge, AAA Hotels will be absorbed by French group "Accor Hotels". Sorry, but if that deal turns reality, there is nothing to rejoice. I thought that AAA Hotels would become a professionally run national flagship brand and not something "remote-controlled" straight from France.

If you are happy about it, so rejoice. But I will not jump on the train - in this regard.
What a bad news selling a local company from a fast developping country only for short term money.... too many hotels in my city are from Accor group... French companies loves monopoles and they know how to do it... be careful and just look at how low developped is French speaking ssAfrica...

Envoyé de mon SM-A500FU en utilisant Tapatalk

#10 ·
Dates : 2013 - construction currently underway
Client : Association de l’Ecole Française de Luanda
Design team : MATAG Arquitectos e Associados, Martin Duplantier Architectes
Mission : Design Conception
Built area : 3 041 m²

:cheers:

Luanda, precisely in the tropics

Local materials, local businesses, local know-how

The extension project for the Lycée Français (French High School) is the opportunity to test local building norms by integrating a contextual design with abundant solar protection, natural ventilation and plant palettes. In doing so, the school takes on a new dimension on the Plateau of Luanda. The building footprint is minimized and therefore allows all four facades of the three structures to be sufficiently ventilated with a continuous flux of circulating air.

The façade, sheathed in wood from local sources, protects against the sun.

The volume, perched atop sculpted stilts, houses classrooms, administrative offices, a cafeteria and a gymnasium.

http://martinduplantier.com/projet/lycee-francais-a-luanda-test-anglais/
© 2015 Copyright Martin Duplantier Architectes.
I'm the co-founder of MataG Arquitectos e Associados. This project will be finish the 31 of July 17. Pictures coming soon

#13 ·

Matag - Arquitectos & Associados é um atelier de arquitectura fundado em 2007 em Angola. Procura incutir nos seus projectos uma visão internacional e contemporânea com uma estreita ligação com as origens
http://matagarq.com/arquitetura/

That´s the local Angolan company ...professionally run, global-minded but always locally anchored. A delight to see for me. A part of Afri-CAN:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.