daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Miami > Development News

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 31st, 2015, 03:38 AM   #181
Miami High Rise

Likes (Received): 2546

Yeah it's nice to keep the photos rolling. I used to take a ton, it was convenient when I lived right over in tin pan brickell on second avenue.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Aceventura liked this post
Miami High Rise no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2015, 05:39 PM   #182
njc1102

Likes (Received): 45

[IMG]photo 2 by njc1102, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old June 3rd, 2015, 05:23 PM   #183
marcvader
not a half-stepper

Likes (Received): 5027

The crane is now visible in the BCC cam. It won't be too long before we can see the actual tower rising beyond Rise.

Either spend the money to do it right or don't do it at all. These half measures are a joke and setting up for failure down the line.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
marcvader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 04:21 PM   #184
viper1165
Miami at Night Book

Likes (Received): 3131

SLS Photos

blog/2015/6/16/sls-brickell-construction-photos-update

viper1165 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 08:31 PM   #185
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

OH MY GOD Viper1165 , Does it again and again, Our SSC Friendly Family Most Color Full Miami Photos and Great Updates of Miami - Dade County Photos of Miami Beach Friend !!
SLS and SLS LUX are flying , and Thanks to King Jorge Perez of His South Florida Related Group and Development Company, There's NO Stopping, He still Has another 20 Tall Tower Projects on his drawing Boards to Start Breaking ground Soon, and He's NOT waittting arpoound, Hyde Park at Midtown 3 Is Next.,, It's breaking ground SOON !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1165 View Post
SLS Photos

blog/2015/6/16/sls-brickell-construction-photos-update
It's a WILD and Crazy Magic City Of Miami City Limits from Coconut Grove all the way up to NE 79th Street and Biscayne Bay, Over 50 Tower Construction Crane still due up by this Years end,and into 2016 For sure, without the 1st Phase Brickell CityCentre 11 Tower Construction Cranes coming down, they will be replaced by all the other Towert Projects ready to go up soon , I Mean Brickell Flatiron, Solitarie Brickell, Brickell Edge on the Water Tower, the Newest to take place at the Old Cima Tower with two Twin Towers Joined at the Top and Over 770 Feet and More IMNO Only, It's Just Wild and Crazy Viper1165 !!

Rest In Peace Steve !!
We Will Never Forget you Our SSDC QuantumX ,
Let's GO U of Miami Cranes in 2015 and Beyond 2025 with at Least 3 Supertalls without the HairPin Tower, if that ever gets Built But Let's GO Magic City Of Miami Cranes , Our State Birds for Our living now and Here 21st Century !!

Last edited by ChuckScraperMiami#1; June 26th, 2015 at 08:38 PM.
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 09:00 PM   #186
ChuckScraperMiami#1

599 FEET From Ground LEVEL, wow just Standing up on top you are VIPER1165 at 605 Feet Above Ground Level with your own " Eyes Wide Open " Our SSC Friendly Family Most Color Full Miami and Miami Beach Great Photos and Great Updates of South Florida Friend !!
Fantastic and Beautiful Viper , This Tower is going to AMAZED Everyone going up and Down Brickell Avenue from Every Direction , This Baby is Going to Light up the Sky at Midnight every Night, and Downtown Miami will be a 24/ 7 Nighttime Entertainment City !!
The Lights , the Camera's and The Action of Fireworks , will shine on Downtown Miami and Brickell all night long when this Tower Officially Opens in 2016 IMO only for sure !!

Quote:
Here's a new look at the new SLS in Brickell. It will have 51 floors and about 450 units in the building.

I would not be thrilled if I lived in the Infinity and had that building blocking my view.

Rest In Peace Stephen " Steve " McFarland , 1955 - 2015 ,
We Will Never Forget you Our Former SSC Super World Moderator and World Forums Friend to Everyone, Steve wanted to make us all " Happy Members and Moderators and Founders of the SSC World wide Website !! " Steve is very Missed and He is Still Watching His Magic City Of Miami Grow Taller and Getting it's 1st REAL Supertall by 2020 For sure !!
Let's GO U of Miami Cranes in 2015 and Beyond 2025 with at Least 3 Supertalls by 2025 and Beyond Infinity !!
Old July 7th, 2015, 05:43 PM   #187
dave8721

Likes (Received): 6389

https://twitter.com/slsbrickell
Old July 7th, 2015, 06:19 PM   #188
dempsey6

Likes (Received): 418

I quickly counted just under 45 floors in that picture..so it still has a bit more height to go

dempsey6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 06:46 PM   #189
marcvader
not a half-stepper

Yeah, it has a ways to go. The Infinity next door is 630'.

Either spend the money to do it right or don't do it at all. These half measures are a joke and setting up for failure down the line.

Old July 7th, 2015, 09:03 PM   #190
dave8721

The 599 height includes the big 'SLS' letters to go on top. I'm sure the building itself will top out at like 550 or so feet, or in about 6 or 7 floors from now.

dave8721 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2015, 06:06 AM   #191
ChuckScraperMiami#1

DAVE8721, Please tell me your Kidding about this roof Top, because No Roof Top Signs are allowed on City Of Miami Towers, there's a law about that , Years ago, and any Tower with a roof top Sign had to take them down, or put them on the Side of the Tower Walls, SUNTRUST Tower ,Bank of America, Chase , and so many Other's , It's the law made by the City Of Miami back in the 70's, After Hurricanes 's Cleo , Betsy, and David knocked down roof top signs on Biscayne Blvd, and The City of Miami made a rule, No More Roof Top Signs, place the Sins and Letters on the side Of All Towers in the City Of Miami Due to Future Hurricanes knocking them off !!
and still Exists Today, NO Roof Top Signs allowed !!

Quote:

This is really Not Permittted, a Huge wind Storm can knock this sign right off, and You know this , right Dave, It's going to fall down when a Hurricane or Tornado Hit 's

Last edited by ChuckScraperMiami#1; July 10th, 2015 at 06:11 AM.
Old July 10th, 2015, 06:36 AM   #192
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Believe Me Please, There's NO Way a Roof Top Sign or and Large Letters of any kind can be Placed on top of any Tower in the City Of Miami , I want you to name one that does, Remember Hurricane Andrew came in at US with a ONE DAY Warning and that was a Sunday , and YES I was there when the News came out that Sunday Morning , Hurricane Andrew was flying in on US at 35 Mph speed , one of the fastest and worst Hurrricanes of Our Lives, and WE were NOT Ready with a Whole ONE Day Warning Notice and The Long Lines that Sunday at Home Depot's went for a mile !! , before Hurricane Andrew Hit Us at 4:30 the next Morning Of Monday , August 24th , 1992, with OVER 155 MPH Winds , all three of those Letters would fly off and Hit the Inifinity Tower behind it , and that Tower is 30 Feet taller, there's would be Lawsuits and Suits against King Jorge Perez and deaths would also be Involved , It's NOT Going to Happen, and Those Letters will be Placed On the Side Of the front Of the Tower Instead , End Of Story,
I Need another cup of Coffee

Quote:
Here's a new look at the new SLS in Brickell. It will have 51 floors and about 450 units in the building.

I would not be thrilled if I lived in the Infinity and had that building blocking my view.

This Rendering here by Viper1165, IS THE Rendering as Is, and There's NO Sign on Top, Believe Me, the old Photo was a website showing, It won't happen with a Sign or Letters on top !
Again, Please believe Me Dave8721, Our SSC Friendly Family " Miami News " Updates and Great Miami Photos and Forum Friend !!
Another Hurricane Can come with Just another one Day Notice and If it was a weekend Storm after a Sunday like Hurricane Andrew, How would anyone on a Sunday go to Work on top of any Tower to take off a Sign or Letters on a rooftop Tower , it won't happen.

Rest In Peace Stephen " Steve " McFarland, 1955 - 2015,
We Will Never Forget YOU Steve ,The Greatest SSC QuantumX !!

Let's GO U of Miami Cranes in 2015 and AT Least 3 Supertall's BY 2025 AND beyond Infinity,
I was there in South Miami -Dade County when Hurricane Andrew Hit Us, and Believe Me it sounded like a Diesel Locomotive with the Engine next to your ears at Over 155 MPH Winds and at Least 50 Tornados !!

Last edited by ChuckScraperMiami#1; July 10th, 2015 at 06:46 AM.
Old August 17th, 2015, 03:33 PM   #193
marcvader
not a half-stepper

So the top of this tower is finally starting to peer over the top of Rise on the BCC cam.

dempsey6, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old October 15th, 2015, 04:41 PM   #194
marcvader
not a half-stepper

Looks like this is topped off.

Old October 15th, 2015, 11:56 PM   #195
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure

Likes (Received): 8928

Please tell me that signage is not going to be on top. It's a smart looking building---the signage would look ridiculous on that.

spellbound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2015, 06:10 PM   #196
dave8721

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
Please tell me that signage is not going to be on top. It's a smart looking building---the signage would look ridiculous on that.
Thats a question I've been asking for a year.

spellbound, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
dave8721 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2015, 01:23 AM   #197
Amtrak96

Likes (Received): 390

20151017_160748 by amtrak96, on Flickr
Old October 18th, 2015, 02:25 AM   #198
Miami High Rise

Likes (Received): 2546

That angle makes it look really tall somehow.

Amtrak96, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Miami High Rise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2015, 03:36 AM   #199
Amtrak96

Likes (Received): 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami High Rise View Post
That angle makes it look really tall somehow.
It does even though Infinity is taller. I though it will pass infinity but it won't.

Amtrak96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2015, 04:10 PM   #200
viper1165
Miami at Night Book

Likes (Received): 3131

SLS Brickell Close To Topping Out

http://www.goldenduskphotography.com...aytotoppingout

miami1, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
viper1165 no está en línea   Reply With Quote