daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > The Economy, Industry and Development Issues

The Economy, Industry and Development Issues Current news and events with regards to the economy, industry and urban development issues

Old November 22nd, 2017, 01:20 PM   #541
Bato_Bato

Likes (Received): 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
FINALLY!!!! Coming up yong Yolanda funds at Napoles story.

NEWS BREAK: DOTr USec Yebra, sinampahan ng kaso sa Ombudsman ang mga dating gabinete ng Administrasyon Aquino dahil sa aberya ng MRT

Mga respondents:

Among the respondents are:

Former DOTC Secretary Joseph Emilio Aguinaldo Abaya
Former Usec Edwin Lopez
Former Usec. Rene Limcaoco
Former Usec. Catherine Gonzales
Former MRT-3 GMRoman Buenafe
Former BAC officials
BURI officials
Former DILG Secretary Mar Roxas
Former DBM Secretary Florencio Abad
Former DOF Secretary Cesar Purisima
Former DOE Secretary Jericho Petilla
Former DOST Mario Montejo
Former DND Secretary Voltaire Gazmin
Former DPWH Secretary Rogelio Singson
Former NEDA Secretary Arsenio Balicasan
Mr. Marlo Dela Cruz

news video source
panigurado may makukulong talaga dyan at hindi bababa sa dalawa o tatlong tao makalas ang laban sa kaso na 'to ayon sa guest ng isang radio program
Bato_Bato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:56 AM   #542
jjdns

Likes (Received): 1171

My question, why the heck is the CHR now investigating the CAMA rape slay incident?

Di ba sabi nila mismo na yung "MANDATE" daw nila is to investigate the implementors and protectors kaya di sila nag iimbestiga sa mga NPA, terrorists, robbery, at other crime voctims kasi trabaho daw yung ng gobyerno?

http://news.abs-cbn.com/focus/09/18/...-crime-victims

Quote:
The Commission on Human Rights (CHR) is mandated to investigate government abuses and not primarily ordinary crimes
isnt this a bit inconsistent or is this a proof that the CHR is just another selective, hypocritical, biased and useless agency

Goryo2x liked this post
jjdns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:43 AM   #543
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 5119

CHR is basically useless because of their blind insistence to only investigate state-sponsored abuses.
Granted that, perhaps, there is lots about the way Duterte does things (and conducts himself) to be critical about, the more important missing ingredient in the Oppositionís proposition to the Filipino people is an alternative way forward. You need to come up with a product that is better than your competitorís and different from your old product ó the product that caused you to lose a valued customer to begin with.

- benign0, GRP
absinthe_888 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:54 AM   #544
Sleepwalker
Plug 'n Play

Likes (Received): 2922

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdns View Post
My question, why the heck is the CHR now investigating the CAMA rape slay incident?

Di ba sabi nila mismo na yung "MANDATE" daw nila is to investigate the implementors and protectors kaya di sila nag iimbestiga sa mga NPA, terrorists, robbery, at other crime voctims kasi trabaho daw yung ng gobyerno?

http://news.abs-cbn.com/focus/09/18/...-crime-victims

isnt this a bit inconsistent or is this a proof that the CHR is just another selective, hypocritical, biased and useless agency
Its because the family of Cama has been very vocal on their disappointment about the silence of CBCP and CHR on Cama rape-slay case.

Perhaps, kahit na siguro di na nila ang jurisdiction na ito, somehow, by principle, baka pwede din sila mag voice out nang condemnation, not necessarily investigation. Para siguro walang confusion, tawagin na lang sila Commision on Enemy of the State Human Rights.

CBCP is another case...CBCP is just plainly hypocrite and protecting something.

Gee Ens, Goryo2x liked this post
Sleepwalker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:58 AM   #545
Isopropyl
Alcohol

Likes (Received): 1547

Why do dilawans insist that the CHR's only mandate is to investigate abuses committed by the state? Ano ba talaga mandate ng CHR? I'm confused. Kasi kung criminal lang talaga din poprotektahan nila, i-abolish na lang nila yan.

Particle 1 liked this post
Isopropyl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:21 AM   #546
absinthe_888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isopropyl View Post
Why do dilawans insist that the CHR's only mandate is to investigate abuses committed by the state? Ano ba talaga mandate ng CHR? I'm confused. Kasi kung criminal lang talaga din poprotektahan nila, i-abolish na lang nila yan.
Sa saligang batas, the office of the CHR is defined as this:

Quote:
HUMAN RIGHTS

Section 17. (1) There is hereby created an independent office called the Commission on Human Rights.

(2) The Commission shall be composed of a Chairman and four Members who must be natural-born citizens of the Philippines and a majority of whom shall be members of the Bar. The term of office and other qualifications and disabilities of the Members of the Commission shall be provided by law.

(3) Until this Commission is constituted, the existing Presidential Committee on Human Rights shall continue to exercise its present functions and powers.

(4) The approved annual appropriations of the Commission shall be automatically and regularly released.

Section 18. The Commission on Human Rights shall have the following powers and functions:

(1) Investigate, on its own or on complaint by any party, all forms of human rights violations involving civil and political rights;

(2) Adopt its operational guidelines and rules of procedure, and cite for contempt for violations thereof in accordance with the Rules of Court;

(3) Provide appropriate legal measures for the protection of human rights of all persons within the Philippines, as well as Filipinos residing abroad, and provide for preventive measures and legal aid services to the underprivileged whose human rights have been violated or need protection;

(4) Exercise visitorial powers over jails, prisons, or detention facilities;

(5) Establish a continuing program of research, education, and information to enhance respect for the primacy of human rights;

(6) Recommend to Congress effective measures to promote human rights and to provide for compensation to victims of violations of human rights, or their families;

(7) Monitor the Philippine Governmentís compliance with international treaty obligations on human rights;

(8) Grant immunity from prosecution to any person whose testimony or whose possession of documents or other evidence is necessary or convenient to determine the truth in any investigation conducted by it or under its authority;

(9) Request the assistance of any department, bureau, office, or agency in the performance of its functions;

(10) Appoint its officers and employees in accordance with law; and

(11) Perform such other duties and functions as may be provided by law.
Pero sa sinasabi ni Analyst Prof. Richard Heydarian:

Quote:
to be crystal clear, the CHRís mandate is not to protect all citizens, at all times, against all sorts of crimes. With its meager budget and limited personnel, the CHR couldnít do that even if it wanted to. It is instead the duty of the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) -- along With myriad of intelligence And security agencies embedded in the state apparatus -- to protect citizens from criminals and terrorists and any threat to public order and safety.

Thus, if there are concerns and outrage over chronic crime and proliferation of illegal drugs in the country, they should be primarily targeted at state institutions, which are in charge of public safety and order. This is why one goes to the PNP, not the CHR, if there were burglaries or theft or rape in a certain community.
Ang sakin lang naman, kung iniinsit ng CHR na primary mandate nila ay investigate state-sponsored abuses, eh kingina palitan nyo pangalan nyo to "Commission on Investigation of State-Sponsored Abuses" or whatever.

Wag nyo gawing "Commission on Human Rights" kasi [email protected] yan
Granted that, perhaps, there is lots about the way Duterte does things (and conducts himself) to be critical about, the more important missing ingredient in the Oppositionís proposition to the Filipino people is an alternative way forward. You need to come up with a product that is better than your competitorís and different from your old product ó the product that caused you to lose a valued customer to begin with.

- benign0, GRP
Old Yesterday, 04:51 AM   #547
Sleepwalker
Plug 'n Play

Heydarian is gradually losing his "smart" image....I think, he is just too opinionated...I used to listen to him talk because he used to sound "intelligent" for me.

RayQ liked this post
Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM   #548
absinthe_888

Quote:
Heydarian is gradually losing his "smart" image....I think, he is just too opinionated...I used to listen to him talk because he used to sound "intelligent" for me.
Still waiting for the debate between him and Sass Sasot [now that she has earned her MS degree]...make this happen please!

- benign0, GRP

Particle 1 liked this post
Old Yesterday, 05:54 AM   #549
Isopropyl
Alcohol

Likes (Received): 1547

So mas magaling na to si Heydarian kaysa Constitution? Even Comm. Cadiz said that their mandate lang daw is to investigate state-sponsored abuses. Bakit hindi pa kasi nila tinuloy ang 1k budget for CHR.

Particle 1, s_w_stars liked this post
Isopropyl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM   #550
docetrece

Likes (Received): 163

Just in: Former Presidential Spox Ernesto Abella appointed as DFA Undersecretary.

Bato_Bato, s_w_stars liked this post
docetrece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM   #551
docetrece

Likes (Received): 163

DOTr Usec for Rails Cesar Chavez tendered his irrevocable resignation effective immediately.
docetrece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM   #552
Romb

Likes (Received): 852

Nag oathtaking na rin si Ang sa PDP Laban?
Quote:
President Duterte at the Oath-taking Ceremony of New PDP-Laban Member Marinduque Representative Lord Allan Jay Velasco.

https://www.facebook.com/Mochablogge...type=3&theater
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM   #553
Sleepwalker
Plug 'n Play

Nakisakay na rin si Roque sa train nang kaepalan....

The president is trying to minimize the effect of his presence in crowded areas...Pero itong mga epal, naisip kaya nila kung ilang tao ang napwerhisyo nila para lang sa kanilang maikling show?

EDIT: Of course, the know...but they don't care...

Isopropyl liked this post

Last edited by Sleepwalker; Yesterday at 07:41 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #554
buladas

Likes (Received): 1670

Heydarian = tanga!

Bato_Bato liked this post
buladas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #555
Bato_Bato

Likes (Received): 156

Quote:
trying to be smart but he's not
Bato_Bato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM   #556
RayQ
Confirmed User

Likes (Received): 1324

Matagal nang bobo sa mata ko yan
RayQ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #557
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 3006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isopropyl View Post
So mas magaling na to si Heydarian kaysa Constitution? Even Comm. Cadiz said that their mandate lang daw is to investigate state-sponsored abuses. Bakit hindi pa kasi nila tinuloy ang 1k budget for CHR.
Mr. Cadiz should know the law first before talking. The H/R code in the PH follows the UN H/R convention which is pretty much uniform in civilized nations around the world - from workplace discrimination to police brutality etc etc etc.

Quote:
Section 18. The Commission on Human Rights shall have the following powers and functions:

(1) Investigate, on its own or on complaint by any party, all forms of human rights violations involving civil and political rights;
This includes discrimination of any kind to police brutality etc etc etc. Screw this narrow politically motivated interpretation of the H/R laws. And I should say, the commissioner should not be politically aligned. Who does Chito Gascon fooling?
Old Today, 01:39 AM   #558
absinthe_888

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayQ View Post
Matagal nang bobo sa mata ko yan
Anung sabi niya kay Sass noon? Mag Master's daw muna sha bago makipag debate sa kanya.

So ayan na nga, meh MS in International Relations na, so habang andito pa si Pinas si SRS...make that debate happen!

- benign0, GRP

docetrece liked this post