daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 25th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #521
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutukLim View Post
My guess is you are not only a fan of TF. You work for him.

" Not even two years and they are giving FY run for their money.." Now they are giving AA a run for their money in west MY. You predicted they would cut back the SG-KUL route to 1 a day from 3 presently but instead they are increasing it to 4. And they are the cheapest now compared to Tigerair, Jetstar and AA.

What is worrying about AA is there is no news about their RM1B financing. This is worrying as the next quarter financial results would be coming out soon after the new year. They absolutely need that $1B or it is game over. But watching AAX maybe more telling.

There shouldn't any worries about AK here as this a thread for OD, me thought lah !!!
atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 25th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #522
razpatrol99

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkdriver View Post

Forget about 100 aircrafts in 10 years. Remember first year of operation promise of 12 737? Barely 8 now with 2nd year anniversary closing on fast. ATR was a surprised package though.. Not even two years and they are giving FY run for their money..
I think that is good for them for not further throw in excess of capacity that already flooded the market and put pressure on the margin. Instead they trying to expand on ATR operation which i think have huge potential and less competitor.

I'm curious as well with their obsession with India, even tho for DEL and BOM they just jump in to the opportunity once AK axed both routes.

Too bad Lion group cancel 788(originally plan for Batik Air) order if not they probably can start service to SYD/MEL/PER once D7 or MH start to reduce frequency to Australia.
razpatrol99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #523
atmapgnew

Me think OD should reinstate the KBR-JHB routes & introduce a KBR-LGK route a.s.a.p. before FY comes in !!!
Old December 25th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #524
Zulhelmi

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
Me think OD should reinstate the KBR-JHB routes & introduce a KBR-LGK route a.s.a.p. before FY comes in !!!
Reinstate? Already closed meh?
Old December 26th, 2014, 04:30 AM   #525
atmapgnew

Yeah, refer to OD's website....
Old December 26th, 2014, 10:03 AM   #526
Malaysia Mustafa

Likes (Received): 589

Why Malindo is not having a separate schedule page in their website, a basic for even a small airline? Everything has to be checked in Booking engine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

Madurai Airport --->
Malaysia Mustafa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #527
ddes

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkdriver View Post
Guys,

i aint got that many juicy details, but few of my friends are there in OD feeding me with RUMOURS, arent we all love the R words? Hehehe.

Useless, yeah maybe its quite a strong word, but the guy, IMO. Is.very.useless.

His obsession with Indian route can't be comprehended. He let go many East-West Malaysia routes and frequency that makes money just to fly to India. From my info, in India they only makes money on TRZ route while DEL and BOM bleeds money 90% of the time. COK barely surviving though demands started to pick up.

He talked a lot about opening new China routes but all we see is Kathmandu, Trivandrum, simply, all indian routes that being granted priority.

Going head on with Silk Air? Good luck..

Forget about 100 aircrafts in 10 years. Remember first year of operation promise of 12 737? Barely 8 now with 2nd year anniversary closing on fast. ATR was a surprised package though.. Not even two years and they are giving FY run for their money..

They should go into East Malaysia but on a smaller scale. They cant compete with MASwings on level playing field. MASWings are paid quite a sizable amount to operate rural air service. Maybe 3 ATR in BKI and 2 in KCH to feed 737 operation

TF is really the total opposite. He works his staff to the max and reward them for their performance. Work hard, play harder..
The fact that Malaysia - India rights are limited shows that this is a strategic move to prevent MH or D7 from operating them. This kind of slot sitting is not uncommon, even Singapore Airlines makes Silkair launch a bunch of regional destinations noone goes to to protect its market share. On the flip side, airlines with a hub and spoke system cannot simply terminate routes when it's unprofitable. Airlines sometimes fly a route even if it's unprofitable, so it can offer passengers that destination.

I doubt the East Malaysia routes made money, seeing as OD, MH and AK just came out of a price war on those routes.

Overall, you seem overly critical of an airline that has basically opened up routes to India for only a year. Do recall that SQ held onto DME-IAH for more than a year before the loads and profitability all round improved.

The fact is, MH370 has caused a huge distrust among Chinese towards not just MH, but Malaysia in general. Beijing knows this, and has been trying to promote Malaysia somewhat, mostly because they will chair ASEAN next year. Hence, routes to China are just not very ideal. Just compare the horde of routes Chinese airlines have started in 2014 to Thailand and Singapore compared to Malaysia.

With the overcapacity in Southeast Asia, the Lion Group has been more proactive at reigning in capacity than AirAsia. So, OD slow expansion is to be expected.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #528
Arkdriver
sa isip, sa salita

Location: penang, cyberjaya, muntinlupa,singapore, sunshine coast
Likes (Received): 150

Two things,

1) I do not work for TF. Can search my previous post, my only praise for him was his ability to grab government by their balls and having upper hand in almost everything.

2) Overly critical. I believe i am not. I am fairly criticising other airlines too. I see Malindo during its infancy should grab as much opportunities as possible.

I admit that i got it wrong for SIN. Obviously SIN is different compared to Malaysian airports. If you give up your given slot in SIN, dont think it will easily come back.

dengilo, fairul liked this post
Arkdriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #529
DutukLim

Likes (Received): 22

" my only praise for him ............."

Forgive me I just like to take the opposite side of the discussion.
Maybe it is my low key nature and the anti-hero streak in me.
I thought your praises for him in your many previous postings deserve some balance.
We can still have a healthy discussion here right.

Last edited by DutukLim; December 26th, 2014 at 06:08 PM.
DutukLim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2014, 02:57 AM   #530
Arkdriver
sa isip, sa salita

Location: penang, cyberjaya, muntinlupa,singapore, sunshine coast
Likes (Received): 150

Dont see any needs to feel insulted or offended by your replies. No worries.
Arkdriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 04:36 PM   #531
kelantaneserace

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
me think OD never introduce KBR-JHB....FY does and still operating
kelantaneserace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 04:44 PM   #532
atmapgnew

My bad, yes you are correct - got confused a little bit then, hahaha !!!
Old January 7th, 2015, 02:55 AM   #533
basilbaby1990

Likes (Received): 72

Trivandrum added to Malindo site since last month.But booking yet not started.Also no information from Malindo CEO and officials about this service. Awaiting approval from Indian side ?
basilbaby1990 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2015, 05:40 PM   #534
ddes

Likes (Received): 294

I notice OD's 4th daily SIN is bookable but unfortunately, the schedule is quite close to one of the existing flights.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 05:27 PM   #535
atmapgnew

OD have 11 ATR72s currently with 4 more on orders - wow so many aircraft in such a short span of time, brilliant !!!

They are really giving FY a good 'run', hahaha !!!