daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Railways and Transportation

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 345 votes, 4.92 average.
Old August 29th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #10721
Sach4Barca

Likes (Received): 0

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by World8115 View Post
Hyd seriously needs utility ducts
Interesting that just today KCR spoke about concrete utility ducts to prevent the constant digging of roads for cables.

Also announced that 1,000 km long world-class roads will be laid in Hyderabad at a cost of Rs.10,000 crore
Sach4Barca no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 29th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #10722
Ash09

Likes (Received): 101

Announced multiple things..!! Here is the below news..!!

http://www.24dunia.com/english-news/.../19444351.html
Ash09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2014, 06:23 PM   #10723
tankbund

Likes (Received): 104

At last

I am extremely encouraged by this. Roads are much more important than the metro, and requires the highest priority. Good Roads and side walks are essential. Former govt. paid scant attention to this basic need. Lets hope things are different from now on.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sach4Barca View Post
Interesting that just today KCR spoke about concrete utility ducts to prevent the constant digging of roads for cables.

Also announced that 1,000 km long world-class roads will be laid in Hyderabad at a cost of Rs.10,000 crore
tankbund no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2014, 06:39 PM   #10724
Fouz
Kid

Likes (Received): 1297

Finally some optimism from Tank Bund.
Fouz está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #10725
tankbund

always optimistic

Mr Fouz, I am always optimistic. I never loose hope. These are hopeful times for a real change. The city is in shambles and needs a thorough cleaning. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouz View Post
Finally some optimism from Tank Bund.
Old Yesterday, 04:38 AM   #10726
cronin

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sach4Barca View Post

Wow thats good news.The development vibe all around, makes most of us infrastructure geeks feel good. It might be to early too judge, but i think we are living in good times with regards to development.Don't mean to sound political, but i think we have two leaders very passionate about development, Modi at the center and kCR for the state. Metro,cool looking cop cars, 80 volvo's and now roads.
cronin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:10 AM   #10727
tankbund

i am happy

I also heard of the North South and East West Expressway plans. This is very much in tune with my suggestions. It almost looks like my message is getting across. Things are on a roll right now and it is music to my ears.

More expressways please with street lighting (not OHE).

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronin View Post
Wow thats good news.The development vibe all around, makes most of us infrastructure geeks feel good. It might be to early too judge, but i think we are living in good times with regards to development.Don't mean to sound political, but i think we have two leaders very passionate about development, Modi at the center and kCR for the state. Metro,cool looking cop cars, 80 volvo's and now roads.
Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM   #10728
cronin

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankbund View Post
I also heard of the North South and East West Expressway plans. This is very much in tune with my suggestions. It almost looks like my message is getting across. Things are on a roll right now and it is music to my ears.

More expressways please with street lighting (not OHE).

Thank you
Sometime when you have a strong desire, things just go your way. Just saying.
cronin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM   #10729
Ash09

Fare HIKE..!! Fair Enough..:P

http://v6news.tv/lt-plans-to-make-ch...ment-hyderabad
Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM   #10730
World8115

The article doesnt make any sense I think public has to face the brunt of realignment by the new Govt, still will wait for this news in other papers

Quote:
L&T plans to increase the charges in metro trains. The government made an alignment on underground metro in city. With this alignment the government not provides funds and L&T company plans to overcome this problem by increasing the fare charges.
Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM   #10731
Irrational_Indian
Transit Lover

Likes (Received): 128

Barriers have put up at YMCA Circle towards the flyover and foundations are being laid.

Some sort of digging happening at the beginning of Lakdikapul Metro Station near the Police quarters (Could be for the new alignment?)
Irrational_Indian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM   #10732
tankbund

big deal NO

The media and the public here are making a big deal about re-alignment even though it is not. The real motive is political and anti the most hated politician. The re-alignment is minor and actually a very good idea.

The cost escalation and fare hikes etc. are due mainly to many other factors. The usual buffoons want to blame re-alignment for it. Convenient.

When will these fellows be objective. Never.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by World8115 View Post
The article doesnt make any sense I think public has to face the brunt of realignment by the new Govt, still will wait for this news in other papers

kiran333 liked this post
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM   #10733
karthik1999
hyderabad city lover

Likes (Received): 230

Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM   #10734
stupid007

Likes (Received): 13

Sheer waste to send it behind assembly. Doesn't help anybody whereas old route is on well used areas.. Sultan bazar is occupied by rathi and gang .so funny, they occupy the road and now govt can't use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankbund View Post
The media and the public here are making a big deal about re-alignment even though it is not. The real motive is political and anti the most hated politician. The re-alignment is minor and actually a very good idea.

The cost escalation and fare hikes etc. are due mainly to many other factors. The usual buffoons want to blame re-alignment for it. Convenient.

When will these fellows be objective. Never.

Thank you
stupid007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #10735
kiran333

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid007 View Post
Sheer waste to send it behind assembly. Doesn't help anybody whereas old route is on well used areas.. Sultan bazar is occupied by rathi and gang .so funny, they occupy the road and now govt can't use it!

Assembly is one of the historic structures we have, it is the minimum effort we have to do to preserve them. I think that's the good idea to send it behind assembly.

tankbund liked this post
kiran333 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #10736
tankbund

yes

Yes, you may be correct. Things are looking up. I like what I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronin View Post
Sometime when you have a strong desire, things just go your way. Just saying.
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #10737
tankbund

hogwash

Complete hogwash. The re-alignment is not the reason for cost escalation. Its contribution is small, if any. Interest rates, material cost L&T greed are the main reason.

How come your coterie buddies want to build metros in places like Kurnool and Tirupati. Is that not a complete waste. Let us get real and have some objectivity in our comments.

Look at the following from Scndia - CM Rajasthan

Financial Express
Quote:
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and her predecessor Ashok Gehlot Monday locked horns over the much-touted Jaipur Metro rail project. A month before the first leg of the 12 km metro corridor is slated to be thrown open to the public, Raje called it a “financially unwise decision” and grudged running it. The CM, while presenting her Budget, said that she agreed to completing Phase 1 B only because leaving it unfinished would only lead to further operational losses.

“The previous government made an allocation of more than Rs 3,000 crore for a stretch of only 12 km of metro rail. In terms of finances, bringing in a Metro rail project here cannot be called a good decision. I reiterate, in this Rs 3,400 crore allocated for the metro, we could have made 110 road over bridges and 5,000 km of roads across the state. In addition to run the metro, the state will incur losses of at least Rs 60-80 crore per year,” she told the House. “Experts feel that the project was implemented in haste. Not just the project but even the trains were bought in unnecessary haste. The stretch from Chandpole to Badi Chaupar will start in 2018 but for this phase the previous government ordered two metro trains worth Rs 100 crore in 2012. So for the next three years these trains will gather dust.”

Rooting for his pet project, Gehlot argued Raje’s disapproval of the Jaipur metro rail goes against the posture of the NDA government at the Centre that promised to introduce bullet trains and metro rail in Lucknow and Ahmedabad."

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid007 View Post
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #10738
Ash09

patel2897 liked this post
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #10739
World8115

delete
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #10740
World8115

Dc-epaper