search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Bulgaria > Regional Bulgaria > Sofia

Sofia Buildings | Сгради

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 30th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #61
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 8977

One last question about the subway developments: Is the airport connection u/c?

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #62
bgrs
dRusenec :)

Likes (Received): 3411

Dunno, the airport is a big construction mess. I suppose no, not at the moment. BTW after 10 minutes I'm going to the airport, my girlfriend is flying to Budapest What a strange coinscidence
Old September 30th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #63
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrs View Post
Dunno, the airport is a big construction mess. I suppose no, not at the moment. BTW after 10 minutes I'm going to the airport, my girlfriend is flying to Budapest What a strange coinscidence
Should I go and pic her up? Just kidding, Man! Wish her a good flight!

II. János Pál pápa
Old September 30th, 2007, 04:14 PM   #64
bgrs

I'm back

They were indeed constructing something there, I could barely see a tunnel U/C but I highly doubt that has anything to do with the subway. Perhaps a new boulevard connecting the airport and the city, dunno..
Old September 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #65
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 5961

I took some photos and even filmed in some metro stations in Budapest and nobody said anything to me. Didn't had the guts to take out my camera in Kóbánya-Kispest though... but that's for other reasons.

I hate the kind of photos that look like they were taken in the mid '70s. From what I can see the Sofia metro is even uglier and more boring than the one in Bucharest, but I like how the new stations look. I hope they don't make them too boring though...

The metro it's my favourite means of transport and I use it on a daily bases here, in Bucharest. I often prefer it to other means of transport, even if I have to walk from the nearest station to my destination. I take it that overground transport in Sofia is crowded and slow too.

Last edited by Cosmin; September 30th, 2007 at 04:56 PM.
Cosmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 04:42 PM   #66
new bulgaria

Likes (Received): 51

Check out www.metromedia.bg . This is the advertizing agency that has the rights to advertize on the subway. If you play with the website, you'll see much better pics of what the stations look like. The website is in Bulgarian only.
Old September 30th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #67
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 5961

Thanks! Much better pictures indeed. Those stations look good. When will they replace those old Soviet trains? Any plans?
Cosmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #68
new bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
Thanks! Much better pictures indeed. Those stations look good. When will they replace those old Soviet trains? Any plans?
There are already new ones running but are not featured on the website. I know that somebody posted pics on the SSC, but I can't remember where.
Old September 30th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #69
JloKyM

Likes (Received): 11511

The airport will be connected with the red line of the metro..The stations will be number 17, 18 and 19..than they probably will build another 3 or 4 station to reach the Kremikovzti area. The construction works around the airport now, are not for the metro, but this will be a new road, that will make connection with Tzarigradski blvd.
Maybe 20 years ago the municipality built a tunnel that starts near the national stadium and end near Interpred..Now, when there are construction works, they use this tunnel for the metro.
Probably the same thing is near NPC(National Palace of culture NDK). When they were building the NPC, two of the station in the area were built. One on "Patriarh Evtimii" blvd, and the other one near the "The earth and the people" museum. Also there is tunnel from the Court house, under the "Vitosha" blvd, right to the museum. So they will use this tunnel for the green line.

And now some pictures of the metro trains.

bgrs, Obelya station is great. It's a really nice station. The ugliest are Liylin and Slivnitza
JloKyM está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 06:03 PM   #70
bgrs

What's so great about it? It's built in the middle of nowhere
Old September 30th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #71
JloKyM

Quote:
What's so great about it? It's built in the middle of nowhere
As a design the station is great...about "the middle of nowhere"..now there are a lot of construction sites..
Old September 30th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #72
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by JloKyM View Post
Probably the same thing is near NPC(National Palace of culture NDK). When they were building the NPC, two of the station in the area were built. One on "Patriarh Evtimii" blvd, and the other one near the "The earth and the people" museum. Also there is tunnel from the Court house, under the "Vitosha" blvd, right to the museum. So they will use this tunnel for the green line.
So there are 2 closed down stations? Super cool! Time could stopped pretty much down there! I wish I could see them...

Quote:
And now some pictures of the metro trains.

Why did the local government of Sofia chose russian train sets for the modernization?

Quote:
bgrs, Obelya station is great. It's a really nice station. The ugliest are Liylin and Slivnitza
If You have time You could post some photos of the existing stations... If not the inner side, then the outside. I'm really keen on seeing them...

II. János Pál pápa
Old September 30th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #73
bgrs

Qtya, time stopped under the NDK It is a very special place, it has an underground tram stop, an automobile tunnel, some details that look very '90-ish....errr...dunno I always feel strange there though

BTW my girlfriend is already at Budapest, her hotel is near the National Opera (wherever this is..). She said the Malev plane was very nice, they had a display showing their current position, etc. She said (unfortunately) she is not very happy of what she saw up to this moment, there were too many rusty buildings like in Sofia (well...maybe that's because she returned from Paris yesterday, maybe her route was not so pleasant, dunno) and there was some rude clerk on the airport so that she really felt like in Sofia BTW can you tell me some nice sights near the Opera? She recently asked me about this on the ICQ

She told me she would take a walk to the Danube river. I told her to send greetings so that after a couple of weeks I would receive them at Ruse (my hometown, it's on the Danube too )
Old September 30th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #74
new bulgaria

BGRS, your girlfriend and you seem to be the power couple of Bulgaria. You both can't stop flying around the area.
Old September 30th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #75
billyandmandy

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Also there is tunnel from the Court house, under the "Vitosha" blvd, right to the museum. So they will use this tunnel for the green line.
Pardon? Can you explain, please. What exactly do you understand under The Court House. And which museum? Je ne comprends pas.
Old September 30th, 2007, 08:03 PM   #76
bgrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bulgaria View Post
BGRS, your girlfriend and you seem to be the power couple of Bulgaria. You both can't stop flying around the area.
She's on a new position in her company now. She has to attend training courses just like I did in Athens the last year Anyway, this time, it's only a week. The next one is in Prague in December, again for a week and I intend to go to Prague for a weekend with her

BTW those Greek companies unlike the French ones are not keen on sending their employees on training courses abroad aaargh!

Last edited by bgrs; September 30th, 2007 at 08:10 PM.
bgrs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 08:12 PM   #77
JloKyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyandmandy View Post
Pardon? Can you explain, please. What exactly do you understand under The Court House. And which museum? Je ne comprends pas.
Et pourquoi, monsieur, vous ne comprenez pas?
"The Court House" is on Vitosha blvd. На български-Съдебната палата..
The museum is next to The CCS(City Center Sofia), next to Hilton and near Hemus hotel...на български-музея Земята и хората..
Old September 30th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #78
new bulgaria

Quote:
BTW those Greek companies unlike the French ones are not keen on sending their employees on training courses abroad aaargh!
Somehow this doesn't surprise me!
Old September 30th, 2007, 08:18 PM   #79
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Qtya, time stopped under the NDK It is a very special place, it has an underground tram stop, an automobile tunnel, some details that look very '90-ish....errr...dunno I always feel strange there though
Could You, or someone post photos of the complex?

Quote:
BTW my girlfriend is already at Budapest...
Replying ASAP!

II. János Pál pápa
Old September 30th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #80
bgrs

Well, that's stereotypes mostly I think that comes from the fact that I'm an IT. Those in the pharmacy area are more privilleged than us. After all, we can all read those stupid .pdf documents and take an online test if needed, argh I should have chosen another job. I was thinking of studying architecture just like my father back then, ehhh...my idiotic obsession about operating systems and software, ugh

At least, unlike my colleagues in the commercial departments, now I have plenty of spare time to write in the SSC

Tags
bulgaria, public transport, sofia