search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Bulgaria > Regional Bulgaria > Sofia

Sofia Buildings | Сгради

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Does the infrastructure get better?
Подобрява се много 39 12.42%
Подобрява се 222 70.70%
Остава същата 21 6.69%
Влошава се 21 6.69%
Влошава се много 11 3.50%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 27th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #21
JloKyM

Likes (Received): 11521

Nice thread. I completely agree. Sofia looks awful and no one can deny it. C'mon guys stop behave like animals, ILB is right. Me, for example I'm trying to post only beautiful images from Sofia, but It's a hard work, because litter, dogs, cars, they are everywhere.. I'm sure the same goes to Zagreb, Tirana or Beograd...However, we mainly post pictures from few little parts of Sofia that look nice. Several weeks ago I visited the Sarajevo photo thread and I saw MANY, MANY pictures from all over the place and they all look fantastic. What I'm trying to say, and I think I understand ILB is that probably 90% of Sofia is not well maintained , meanwhile I'm almost sure that in the other Balkan capitals this percentage is smaller.
JloKyM no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #22
Ivanski
инто спейс

Likes (Received): 32

Like 80% percent

And that with Tirana come on are you serious it's like pink Bagdad.
That's the "pretty channel" area we talked about

http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/49...l-Tirana-0.jpg

mhmm very calssy indeed

http://bjoerna.net/billeder/ALB-Tirana-2005-162.jpg

Last edited by Ivanski; March 27th, 2009 at 03:11 AM.
Ivanski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:15 AM   #23
JloKyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanski View Post
Like 80% percent
It's not funny, Ivanski, Sofia is not a good place to live at all..

Concerning the other cities...it's about 50-60% I think...
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #24
Ivanski
инто спейс

On what basis -if it's maintenance, Belgrade and Zagreb are in better condition no doubt about it but not that big difference, well they also have a lot bigger budgets. My brother recently passed by Serbia on excursion and he wasn't agree that everything is so better kept as many people say.

Other example Thesaloniki in Greece, i didn't like it at all, although it is good maintained, but doesn't look good.

As I said there are certain aspects of Sofia that make bad impression , not the city itself. Like the bad sidewalks or the so called single isolation of the commieblocks.
As for the car parking mess, that's a common thing in whole EE.
As for the gray commiedistricts and other Sofia cliches. That's the huge New Belgrade district

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3217/...25acaa8696.jpg

http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/...zySerb/bg2.jpg

I'll be glad if someone show me a worse looking commiedistrict here.

And i don't even wanna argue about Tirana if some people thin it looks good, because they saw some neat pictures on the ssc
These are also from the same forum:

Tirana:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6...7591olauc3.jpg

yeah we're hundred light years behind that city

Last edited by Ivanski; March 27th, 2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #25
JloKyM

Every single city has its bad sides. As ILB said, we're not talking about the suburbs. Damaged sidewalks, dirty places, cheap and kitchy architecture(new buildings) , we can find them in the center of the city. I think that's the main problem. Around Alexander Nevski, the yellow pavements, so much dust, ancient road signs, cars everywhere..The view is awful. and even the beautiful buildings above can't change the impression that you're in the 3rd world.
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:45 AM   #26
tazzmaniadodo

Likes (Received): 263

Hi evryone! I am from Romania but I have never been to Sofia ( only Varna and crossing Bulgaria to Turkey) but I want to share my opinion. This is the kind of opinion all of us ( from EE ) have about our city... I read this thread and I noticed that I have the same opinion about my city Bucharest, but as someone said we try to post the best images from the cities here on SSC so by looking at pictures from ex Sofia Belgrad Budapest Warsow I can't compare them with Bucharest becouse I know all the good and especialy the bad parts of my city but when you see pics you see only the good parts of the town. So my conclusion is that: Is different when you live in a city and you are affected by it's problems comparing to being a tourist in a city and seing only the "hot" parts. Let's try to improve our cities , and develope our Balkans.
tazzmaniadodo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:48 AM   #27
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
it is all subjective, i really like this block.De gustibus non est disputandum
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #28
Ivanski
инто спейс

That's right but it's also subjective what makes a city ugly. Many parts of Sofia looks really depressing and bad especially in winter, but every big city has them. It really also depends on what you look for in a city, how do you see it. I'm not sidewalk tales maniac as Radi for example they can leave bad impression for sure, but i really don't like too generalized opinions like in the way the thread started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JloKyM View Post
Every single city has its bad sides. As ILB said, we're not talking about the suburbs. Damaged sidewalks, dirty places, cheap and kitchy architecture(new buildings) , we can find them in the center of the city. I think that's the main problem. Around Alexander Nevski, the yellow pavements, so much dust, ancient road signs, cars everywhere..The view is awful. and even the beautiful buildings above can't change the impression that you're in the 3rd world.
Just the same way as i can show you a bunch of Sofia center pictures, that it really looks clean, tidy and organized, although it isn't so much as we know.

Last edited by Ivanski; March 27th, 2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #29
tazzmaniadodo

I have a question for the ones who live in Sofia. Do you have hanged wires on the light poles? Cause we have a lot of ugly wires on the poles and we suppose to get rid of them by 2011.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:07 AM   #30
JloKyM

Оk, Ivanski you posted some pictures from Belgrade and Tirana..What about these:

image hosted on flickr

IVANSKIIIIIII, I'm talking about the central zone of the city.

Belgrade
image hosted on flickr

Zagreb

BTW, The best part of Sofia is definitely BSP. Imagine at least the center of the city to look like that..And I'm talking about landscaping, not architecture. Sofia's downtown sucks. Only beautiful buildings, but total lack of maintenance.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #31
Dante_1
walking in the dark

Likes (Received): 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by ВМРО View Post
Nobody here shows the ugly sides of his country or city. Not seeing garbage or traffic jams doesn't automatically mean that they don't exist in the neighbouring capitals. In Sofia's gallery you can see renovated neo-classical buildings, old churches, modern business centres etc but Sofia has many other faces. Same goes for the other Balkan capitals.
+1.
I totally agree with you and we must remember too that Sofia is the 3rd oldest capital in Europe xD
Dante_1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:12 AM   #32
mdka
UNREGISTERED USER

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Nice thread. I completely agree. Sofia looks awful and no one can deny it. C'mon guys stop behave like animals, ILB is right. Me, for example I'm trying to post only beautiful images from Sofia, but It's a hard work, because litter, dogs, cars, they are everywhere.. I'm sure the same goes to Zagreb, Tirana or Beograd...However, we mainly post pictures from few little parts of Sofia that look nice. Several weeks ago I visited the Sarajevo photo thread and I saw MANY, MANY pictures from all over the place and they all look fantastic. What I'm trying to say, and I think I understand ILB is that probably 90% of Sofia is not well maintained , meanwhile I'm almost sure that in the other Balkan capitals this percentage is smaller.
Авторът на темата е май твой човек,а??и затова не искаш да я затваряш или ти си го накарал да я пусне??
mdka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #33
JloKyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdka View Post
Авторът на темата е май твой човек,а??и затова не искаш да я затваряш или ти си го накарал да я пусне??
Ахахах авторът е напълно прав във всяка една негова дума Разликата е обаче, че ако аз бях пуснал такава тема тя щеше да е ДАЛЕЧ по-остра, защо като гледам човекът е от Пловдив, а аз цял живот съм бил в София и ми е истински болно, че градът прилича на същинска кочина, защото никой не се хваща да го вкара малко в ред.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:16 AM   #34
tazzmaniadodo

Quote:
Ахахах авторът е напълно прав във всяка една негова дума Разликата е обаче, че ако аз бях пуснал такава тема тя щеше да е ДАЛЕЧ по-остра, защо като гледам човекът е от Пловдив, а аз цял живот съм бил в София и ми е истински болно, че градът прилича на същинска кочина, защото никой не се хваща да го вкара малко в ред.
Wow! I'm lost I don't understand a word from your language...
So can you please tell me about the city wires hanged on the poles?
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:17 AM   #35
mdka
UNREGISTERED USER

Likes (Received): 16

Кажи на ВМРо да извика Супер Бойко на помощ или капитан Бойко -защитникът на София
mdka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:18 AM   #36
Ivanski
инто спейс

You're complaing about cheap and tasteless new building and claim at the same time that BPS is the best part of Sofia ,come on Lokume you serious ?

The commieblock districts you post looks absolutely the same as in 90% of EE.
This patchy isolating thing here is more popular though. Take a look around the commieblock threads in DLM and you'll see it is.

Quote:
IVANSKIIIIIII, I'm talking about the central zone of the city.
As for the bad central parts of Sofia, because it's getting late I'm kinda lazy to browse , i'll use the ones of my signature and i'm far from a photographer.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...R/IMG_1213.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...R/IMG_1251.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...R/IMG_1302.jpg

that's awful what a mess

Last edited by Ivanski; March 27th, 2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #37
JloKyM

Бре, Иване бе, изрично съм си написал, че говоря за озеленяването и поддръжката в БПС, не за сградите. Аз си знам, че София е хубав град, но че е мръсна, разбита си е повече от вярно. Поне центърът ни да имаше идеален вид, както са успели да си го направят в останалите градове. Една нормална пешеходна зона да имахме..

tazzmaniadodo, unfortunately, we have the same problem here and there is not light at the end of the tunnel
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:29 AM   #38
Ivanski
инто спейс

Еми дори и за озеленяването да е , както и да е спорът е много дълъг. Типично Балканска тема и поведение, както и румънския ни колега каза, само че ние тука обичаме винаги да сме най-най. Първо бил най-гадния после не баш и т.н. Ами в центъра пък почти всички градинки са добре подържани, улиците и тротоарите не са толкова зле, а климатиците висят не само в София в крайна сметка. Нали темата беше ,че дори централните части изглеждали зле, нямало реновирани сгради и прочее неща, които смея да твърдя просто не са верни. Не е идеално чист, нито подреден но просто не са верни

Като поизлезе слънце и пораззеленее, ще направя няколко снимки на улично ниво из няколко панелни квартала на столицата, които по презункция минават за супер шит и ще видиш ,че с няколко снимки може да си създадеш съвсем различно впечатление, просто фото-тема неможе да е обективен фактор.

А през това време разгледай тези снимки на някакъв пич от picasweb, изгледи снимани от панелките из столичните квартали, толкова ли страшно изглеждат

http://picasaweb.google.com/AbuFlyHi...06995449066690

Last edited by Ivanski; March 27th, 2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:37 AM   #39
JloKyM

Quote:
Еми дори и за озеленяването да е , както и да е спорът е много дълъг. Типично Балканска тема и поведение, както и румънския ни колега каза, само че ние тука обичаме винаги да сме най-най. Първо бил най-гадния после не баш и т.н. Ами в центъра пък почти всички градинки са добре подържани, улиците и тротоарите не са толкова зле, а климатиците висят не само в София в крайна сметка. Нали темата беше ,че дори централните части изглеждали зле, нямало реновирани сгради и прочее неща, които смея да твърдя просто не са верни. Не е идеално чист, нито подреден но просто не са верни

Като поизлезе слънце и пораззеленее, ще направя няколко снимки из няколко панелни квартала на столицата, които по презунция минават за супер шит и ще видиш ,че с няколко снимки може да си създадеш съвсем различно впечатление, просто фото-тема неможе да е обективен фактор.
Не е баш балканско, просто сме си зле. Има много красиви сгради в центъра на София, които са реновирани, но има и не малка част, които се рушат. ЖЪлтите павета специално НИКЪДЕ не са добре наредени, навсякъде има пропадания, неравности, а и самите те са изпочупени. Един добре нареден тротоар не съм видял в центъра на града само тук таме пред някоя нова сграда положението е добро. Да вземем за пример и новите сгради всъщност..Не знам дали си минавал скоро по Мария Луиза, но посока Лъвов мост в ляво строят някаква нова сграда, която е с лъскава зелена фасада. Кажи ми как се вписва това в околното пространство. Как е възможно един свестен архитект да не се намери и да спре всички тия безумия.
Гледай сега, аз съм си пристрастен към София, но в същото време съм отвратен. Особено последния месец София изглежда повече от потресаващо зле. Боклуци навсякъде, липса на маркировка, коли паркирали където им падне. Със сигурност нещата ще станат по-добре през пролетта, но като цяло положението е зле. Колко по-хубаво щеше да бъде ако Витошка беше реновирана в стар стил, ако онзи проект от 2001 за пешеходна зона на Батемберг се беше осъществил..Ама нейсе, целият град е поробен от автомобили, некачествени ремонти, кичозни и грозни сгради, улични кучета, боклуци..Ебати и европейската столица.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:45 AM   #40
Ivanski
инто спейс

През Мария Луиза минавам всеки ден и както съм писал има потенциал да стане страхотна улица тип 20те30те ,заради хубавите сгради от този период, доста пъти съм го казвал вече във форума, но за жалсот наистна този потенциал се затрива.

Относно Витошка, там няма какво да се реновира кой знае, защото повечето сгради са оправени, но когато се прави такова нещо трябва да се следва по-широка визия за района, улицата и т.н. Хубав пример е Фритюф Нансен до НДК, където се правят скъпи реновации на кооперациите ,строени 20-40те но всеки подбира какъвто си поиска цвят и рядко съобразен със самата сграда и съседните такива. Пиротска е пример за улица, която може да се възстанови наведнъж, макар и там вече да има оправени сгради, но контраста със занемарените е дразнещ.

Тротоарите са кофти в повечето слуачи, но не са чак толкова зле поне в центъра. Като повечето дори са скосени и имат релефни плочки и скосени участници по кръстовищата. На тема озеленяване града доста се е пооправил смея да кажа последните години, що се отнася до центъра поне, макар че има още какво да се желае, за покрайните е друга тема. С боклука също града се беше подобрил до някаква степен преди въпросната криза, която впрочем се случва често в доста градове.
А паветата няма как да не са криви, защото не са пренареждани от доста време ,а трафика е огромен от там. За последно една част се пренареждаше някъде около края на 98-99. Аз лично не го намирам за кой знае какъв проблем, нито като минавам от там пеш или с кола.

Не ме разбирай погрешно далеч съм от мисълта, че града е подреден, уреден напротив точно това казах в темата дотук ,че не е и това е лошото му. Другият проблем и това което дразни всички е "санирането" на панелките на парче, както и занемарените междублокови пространства. Цялата тази бъркотия прави лошото впечатление според мен.
Впрочем миналата година в един приятел бяха отседнали момче и момиче от Франция и вярвай или не, те си прекараха съвсем добре тук, като съвсем не бяха само в центъра.
Иначе самият град си е ок, дори има доста голям потенциал, стига някой да въведе ред.

Last edited by Ivanski; March 27th, 2009 at 02:57 AM.

Tags
bulgaria, culture, sofia