daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Northeast and MidAtlantic

Northeast and MidAtlantic DC, MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, VT, NH, MA, ME
» Development News | Baltimore / Washington DC| Buffalo / Niagara Falls | New Jersey | New York City

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #1
JAB323
Jan's Best Friend

Likes (Received): 8

New NFL Map

Looks like things have changed since last time I checked looks like more Skins fans in Maryland! Alright!!!

Or here's the link : Common Census
JAB323 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #2
bjfan82

Likes (Received): 1

looks like the Bills have firm hold on Upstate NY, no surprise. There are still sections of NY that don't have any votes yet, so we'll just assume they're in Bills country.
bjfan82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #3
waj0527

Likes (Received): 499

I hate the fact that the Redskins play in Maryland.
waj0527 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 05:36 PM   #4
JAB323
Jan's Best Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by waj0527
I hate the fact that the Redskins play in Maryland.
I hate the fact that the Ravens came in. I'm a proud Marylander, and a proud Redskins fan.
Old January 7th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #5
JAB323
Jan's Best Friend

Hey and look the skins have more than the Ravens in MD.
Old January 7th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #6
sargeantcm
Hee Hee!

Likes (Received): 2

Looks like the Cardinals, Dolphins, and Jets have huge fanbases lol. Big surprise there, but by that logic, why is Miami perennially the media darling of the NFL?

It's neat how some of them follow state lines - such as Bills-Steelers-Browns, and Bears-Packers.
sargeantcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #7
Evergrey
Buffalo's Worst Nightmare

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeantcm

It's neat how some of them follow state lines - such as Bills-Steelers-Browns
What you talkin bout, Willis? If you notice... you'll see that Steeler territory spills over into a significant chunk of east-central Ohio. What's up with those Pats fans south of Syracuse though? Seems a little strange. It's also strange that the Dolphins get so much media hype... I think it's probably due to the Dan Marino legacy... but Miami teams are quite poorly-supported across the board... since Florida is mostly a state of transplans who still root for their Bills and Giants and Eagles.

There's actually a lot of Bills fans where I grew up in northwest PA (NOT ERIE... 100 miles east of Erie)... though Steelers still rule easily.

I hate that blob of Eagle blue in the middle of PA... must be Philly students at Penn State filling out this survey since the natives of the region are Steeler fans.

And to the Redskins fan who hates that Baltimore got a team... remember that Baltimore had a long and illustrious NFL heritage with the Colts... a team that was ripped away from them in the dead of night... Baltimore didn't even get to keep the team name and colours like Cleveland did.

Last edited by Evergrey; January 7th, 2006 at 07:39 PM.
Evergrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 07:32 PM   #8
bjfan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey
What's up with those Pats fans south of Syracuse though? Seems a little strange.
Five years ago that little blob wouldn't have existed, and some of those fringe areas of NYS along the Hudson wouldn't have been Patriots "fans" either.
Old January 7th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #9
The Mad Hatter!!
P.E.C.K CREW

Likes (Received): 631

why is Miami perennially the media darling of the NFL?"sargeantcm'

so when is miami the media darling of the nfl?
"Architects are pretty much high-class whores. We can turn down projects the way they can turn down some clients, but we've both got to say yes to someone if we want to stay in business"Philip Johnson

Boycott the La forum-Worse forum in SSC
The Mad Hatter!! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #10
sargeantcm
Hee Hee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey
What you talkin bout, Willis? If you notice... you'll see that Steeler territory spills over into a significant chunk of east-central Ohio.
Yeah, I saw that, what I meant was the OH-PA border north of WV (of course, that's the entire OH-PA border), with the exception of that little Browns "speck" in Erie, as well as the green speck there as well (Indy? NYJ?!?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter!!
so when is miami the media darling of the nfl?
They've always been, to my knowledge, at least since the late 80's. I too think it has something to do with Marino, and now that he works for CBS doesn't help. But they've always been pegged as Super Bowl or at least playoff favorites. Too bad the Bills in the early 90s and the Patriots of the late 90s-early 00s seem to have spoiled it for them. The worst was in 1993 after Miami had started 9-2. Of course they finished that year 9-7, but that didn't stop the prognosticators from calling them favorites in '94.
Old January 7th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #11
ROCguy

Likes (Received): 3

The reason for the pats fans in Syracuse is because Syracuse hates Buffalo. Rochester doesn't have any pro-sports teams so they tend to cling to Buffalo's. WNY is so tied to the Bills that Bison french onion dip has "official dip of the Buffalo Bills" printed on all of it's tubs sold in the area.
Old January 7th, 2006, 08:09 PM   #12
sargeantcm
Hee Hee!

I knew several kids in college from the Rochester and Syracuse areas who were Pats fans. I think it mostly had to do with a resentment of the Bills (they got sick of hearing about them), and since all the NYC teams sucked at the time (when haven't they?), the Patriots were the next closest logical choice.

--

Something I just noticed about that map - what's going on in Arkansas?!?
Old January 7th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #13
ROCguy

Likes (Received): 3

Check out the soliderity in New England and Michigan. Pats and Lions fans can't be touched.
Old January 7th, 2006, 08:59 PM   #14
bjfan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCguy
The reason for the pats fans in Syracuse is because Syracuse hates Buffalo. Rochester doesn't have any pro-sports teams so they tend to cling to Buffalo's. WNY is so tied to the Bills that Bison french onion dip has "official dip of the Buffalo Bills" printed on all of it's tubs sold in the area.
idk, i think that is just the impression you get from this msg board. I've gone to school with tons of people from Syracuse and none of them hated Buffalo, they were mostly Bills fans btw. Syracuse is roughly half way between Buffalo and NYC, as far as influence goes...those in that area that identify with being an upstater tend to cling to Buffalo which anchors upstate, and those that wanna be associated with being "big city" go for NYC teams. Its a borderline area, you could flip a coin.
Old January 7th, 2006, 08:59 PM   #15
Evergrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeantcm
(of course, that's the entire OH-PA border)
Good point.
Old January 7th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #16
Evergrey

It would be interesting to see the Bills reach on a Canadian map like this... I'm sure the Bills would have much more than a paltry 287 responses.
Old January 7th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #17
Carolina Blue
Charlotte

Likes (Received): 14

I knew there were still a lot of Skins fans in the Carolinas, but that map really is surprising.
Carolina Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #18
DarkFenX
A B C

Likes (Received): 14

Wow. I never noticed that there is so few football teams on the western half of the US. It's not a surprise that the Patriot has the largest fan base since all major Massachusetts team do often include the New England States. (Except Conn. for MLB since they are Yankees fans in that category). It also helped them because the Patriot was the first team in decades to form a dynasty and has the chance to be the first team to win 4 superbowls in 5 years.

BOSTON - CITY OF CHAMPIONS

NE Patriots 2001 - NE Patriots 2003 - NE Patriots 2004 - Boston Red Sox 2004 - Boston Red Sox 2007 - Boston Celtics 2008 - Boston Bruins 2011 - Boston Red Sox 2013 - NE Patriots 2014
DarkFenX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #19
Evergrey

First team in decades!?!? How bout first team in DECADE. The Cowboys won 3 SBs in 4 years in the early 90s... just like the Patriots.
Old January 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM   #20
bjfan82

^ darkfenx said 4 super bowls in 5 years

btw why does ur location say "not from Buffalo", do people confuse u with Buffalonians or are you trying to distance urself from the Buff?