daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > General Photography

General Photography General discussions on photography and non urban photos

Old January 20th, 2018, 09:43 PM   #7781
PRIMEVAL

Likes (Received): 110431

City Gate North Towers, Bucharest

CITY GATE NORTH TOWERS, BUCHAREST

Inaugurated in 2009, the towers are situated in Free Press Square, which is close to the northern limit of Bucharest, between the Romexpo expositional complex and the Stalinist era House of Free Press. Northern Bucharest is the best mantained, most expensive and most exclusivist part of the city and Free Press Square is situated on the most circulated road in Romania, DN1, connecting the capital with Brașov in Transylvania.
The photo is taken from the House of Free Press and the boulevard in the middle of image is Kiseleff, where embasies of US, Russia, Canada and other G8 countries are situated.

The unusual health and variety of nature, the concentric organization of relief starting from the giant circle of Carpathians, the fecundity brought by the waters of Danube, all found in same place with the oldest history and greatest ethnical-religious-cultural diversity = ROMANIA

Localisation map for all mountains in Romania * Streets of Bucharest (my photos) * Timișoara, the forgotten splendor of Austria - Hungary (my photos) * My trips around Romania

JADI liked this post
PRIMEVAL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 10:28 PM   #7782
PRIMEVAL

Red Lake

RED LAKE

Red Lake, Romania by Paul Field, on Flickr

The unusual health and variety of nature, the concentric organization of relief starting from the giant circle of Carpathians, the fecundity brought by the waters of Danube, all found in same place with the oldest history and greatest ethnical-religious-cultural diversity = ROMANIA

Localisation map for all mountains in Romania * Streets of Bucharest (my photos) * Timișoara, the forgotten splendor of Austria - Hungary (my photos) * My trips around Romania

Elster, JADI liked this post
Old January 20th, 2018, 10:46 PM   #7783
PRIMEVAL

: Buila - Vânturarița National Park, Oltenia

BUILA - VÂNTURARIȚA NATIONAL PARK, OLTENIA

20171021_113021 by Bianca Balan, on Flickr

JADI liked this post
Old January 21st, 2018, 12:58 AM   #7784
PRIMEVAL

Arad

ARAD

Arad by Rolandnordman, on Flickr

JADI liked this post
Old January 21st, 2018, 09:26 AM   #7785
PRIMEVAL

Apuseni Nature Park, Transylvania and Crișana

APUSENI NATURE PARK, TRANSYLVANIA NAND CRIȘANA

With a surface of 757 km˛, is the only natural / national park from Western Carpathians. Is Romania's main karst area and possibly the most impressive in Europe, not only because of more than 1,500 caves (several of them of international importance) and hundreds of kms of underground rivers, but because all this underground world is hidden in prehistorical mountain jungle, something you can't find anywhere else in the Old World

J-5 apuseni-0941 by philippe murtas, on Flickr

JADI liked this post
Old January 21st, 2018, 11:42 AM   #7786
PRIMEVAL

100,000 people on the streets of Bucharest last night

100,000 PEOPLE ON THE STREETS OF BUCHAREST LAST NIGHT

People from all country have come yesterday in Bucharest, some of them after marching 450 km on foot, crossing the mountains from Transylvania to Bucharest in opposite direction then the one the Romanian troups crossed 100 years ago, when Transylvania has joined Romania.
Organized on social media in order to express their anger against the main political formation - the social democratic party - whose leader liviu dragnea, who also is the head of Senate, is a convicted criminal. dragnea wants to change Romania's legislation so his crimes to not be considered as such any more. For that, he took down till now two of the governments he himself has chosen, because those goverments, thought made of people from his party, have not agreed to change the laws that affects him. Now he put a third government and a third prime-minister, a woman who was an appropiate from his native town and who has zero administrative or politic competence

Katarzyna DJ liked this post
Old Yesterday, 01:25 AM   #7787
PRIMEVAL

Mouth of Polovragi Cave in Olteț Gorges, Oltenia

MOUTH OF POLOVRAGI CAVE IN OLTEȚ GORGES, OLTENIA

Olteț ("Little Olt") is one of the ¬ 40 major streams springing from Southern Carpathians and crossing Oltenia from north to south. Olteț marks the limit between Vâlcan and Căpățânii mountains.
The Olteț Gorges are ones of the most spectacular in country for their depth of hundreds of meters combinated with narronewss which sometimes is less than 3 m.
Polovragi Cave is one of the most visited in Romania, though the cavity itself is not very spectacular. There are 10 km charted by speleologists, of which 800 m can be visited by tourists. The cave is nevertheless important from historical pov, because in the nearby, on the plateau above the gorges, was a big Dacian settlement with an acropolis, a tribal center roughly controlling the area of today northern Gorj County. Dacian religion was centered on the cult of Zamolxis, a divinity which, according to Dacian tradition, was initially a human being who spent a lot of time in a cave.
Polovragi Monastery, situated at the end of Gorges and beginning of the village, was established on the plateau and the end of the gorges. It was founded in 1505 and rebuilt in 1640 as a fortified complex. Its skyline projected onto the backdrop of the spectacular cliffs of Olteț Gorges makes the place one of the most spectacular & iconic in Romania, where both nature and history are at best.

hollydays 2017 by Dan Petcu, on Flickr

Lets put again this wonderful video, for those that happens to not have seen it yet:

JADI, Katarzyna DJ liked this post
Old Today, 12:39 AM   #7788
PRIMEVAL

Brezoi town, Lotru Valley, Oltenia

BREZOI TOWN, LOTRU VALLEY, OLTENIA

The town is situated on the ending sector of Lotru, before this river to empty into Olt River, somewhere close to the middle of the magnificent defile of the latter.

Old Today, 01:58 AM   #7789
PRIMEVAL

Codlea / Zeöedăn, Saxon chair of Bârsa, Transylvania

CODLEA / ZEÖEDĂN, SAXON CHAIR OF BÂRSA, TRANSYLVANIA

Is a city with 24,286 inhabitants at the western end of Bârsa Depression, at the foot of Măgura Codlei Mountains. Founded at the beginning of 13th century as a village with a single road, it has in center the Romanesque 13th century church, which was surrounded in 15th century bu a massive fortress with prismatic towers.