search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which design do you prefer?
The KSS design 72 17.48%
The Populous design 340 82.52%
Voters: 412. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #40341
fatspur

Likes (Received): 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerjohn22 View Post
Having seen the size of the trays for our new sliding grass pitch and the solaris sequencing am I right in thinking that they might start installing some of the trays as soon as the holdings / sliding mechanism for the trays in installed?

Hard to see how they can fit the trays in anywhere near the end of construction. will the trays be seeded / will the pitch have to grow under the artificial lights or do we think a crane could life such a large element up and into the centre of the stadium?
We know from the trials earlier in the year that the trays will be delivered individually on back of a truck (with the tray sizes presumably designed mainly with such logistics in mind). Assume they will assemble them as they arrive. Once assembled there will be no need to disassemble again and it will effectively be three "pitches" around 105x25m which they can turf individually

sonicyouth liked this post
fatspur no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #40342
Halitosis

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by loekf2 View Post
Not sure if this has been asked already, but what are these concrete things on both sides of the upper tier ? So NE and NW corners ?

For the press ? TV commentators ? Supporters who are heavy drinkers and need a shelf to put their beer(s) away ?
Looks like one of those temporary platforms that were put up to provide a flat base for the green cherry picker(s) a few weeks ago. I'd go look for one of the posts with pictures but it would probably take me all night to find it
Halitosis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:19 AM   #40343
Brisbanespur

Likes (Received): 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza. View Post
The deepest ones were 30M I think.
Pretty sure Norks was referring to that area a few pages back saying the ground there is not the best(technical term), So they have probably piled to stabilise it, That area will be basement carpark and supposedly a ramp from the basement under the west stand up to the level under south podium to allow access to the parking under there, but I have to say looking at whats going in that area currently its hard to see how that is going to work.
Brisbanespur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:23 AM   #40344
JimB

Likes (Received): 4088

Saw this on Spurscommunity, taken and posted by Breezer yesterday (Thursday):

Sangnaris, LAYiddo liked this post
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:27 AM   #40345
MarkRigney

Likes (Received): 19

Ah page 2018....Champions of England for the 3rd time.... Tottenham Hotspur.

tomas cabrera liked this post
MarkRigney no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:14 AM   #40346
coys500

Likes (Received): 38

Sorry guys for basic question but lost touch with the thread a bit.Whats the general opinion re the schedule are we on track?
coys500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:36 AM   #40347
CanberraSpur

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by coys500 View Post
Sorry guys for basic question but lost touch with the thread a bit.Whats the general opinion re the schedule are we on track?
I think the best indicator we still have is Levy saying the roof going on at the end of January/early February 2018 would be a big indicator as to whether the project is on schedule. Without any of us being privy to inside info it's pretty much all speculation anyway I think. Given there will be 'streams' or sections of the build that aren't related and can progress independently, I would think the best indicator of progress up to the roof going on (and I think this means roof panels starting to go on....DL didn't say the roof being finished or complete) would be the south stand structure. If that's not looking like it's in a state to have the roof start to go on soon by about the new year, I'd start to think that milestone might be pushed back.

Just my 2c though, could be wrong.
CanberraSpur no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
england, football, populous, soccer, tottenham