SkyscraperCity Forum banner

KOTA KINABALU (formerly Jesselton) | Sabah | State Capital City

5M views 16K replies 388 participants last post by  Aaron Ngu 
#1 ·
Kota Kinabalu, v4 reached more 100 pages. I might as well take the lead and start a new thread :cheers:

#4,042 ·
white wall with green windows does look matching, even peak vista is using the same colour scheme but more buildings using the same colour would make the city boring
Almost all buildings in Athens, Greece are white. :) Perhaps in KK, the architect can use more earthly colours.

#4,045 ·
brown/grey colours? :)
Haha, ya, KK got that building colours also. Like this la, beautiful buildings (which is rather subjective I'd say), if it doesn't complement with suitable/proper landscape, makes overall urban design uninteresting (messy/dull/etc.).

#4,046 ·
Haha, ya, KK got that building colours also. Like this la, beautiful buildings (which is rather subjective I'd say), if it doesn't complement with suitable/proper landscape, makes overall urban design uninteresting (messy/dull/etc.).
Agree...most of the new projects are not balance off with landscape, trees and plants. So far from my observation, kk times square ph2 and jesselton residence would emphasize landscape/plants into their project...lets see what is the outcome when they are done

#4,047 ·
Bina Puri unit wins RM470m Sabah contract

KUALA LUMPUR: Bina Puri Holdings Bhd, via its wholly-owned unit Bina Puri Construction Sdn Bhd, has been awarded a contract worth RM470.34mil for the proposed development of a tourist recreational and commercial development at KK Times Square (Phase II) in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

“The development for KK Times Square (Phase II), consists of a four-storey tourist arcade, a basement car park with retail/arcade, five blocks of service apartments comprising 631 units, and a five-storey elevated car park along the coastal highway at Sembulan, in a prime area of Kota Kinabalu,” the company said in a statement yesterday.

The contract was awarded by Syarikat Kapasi Sdn Bhd, a unit of Asian Pac Holdings Bhd. The project will take 26 months to complete and is expected to contribute positively to group's earnings for the financial year ending Dec 31, 2011.
Tee: ‘In Sarawak, we have completed the construction of the new Dewan Undangan Negeri Complex.’

“With the award, the group's current unbuilt book order stands at RM2.78bil as at to date. In 2011, the group had managed to secure new projects worth up to about RM970mil to date,” the company said.

Bina Puri Holdings group managing director Tan Sri Tee Hock Seng said the company had won the project based on competitive pricing and having a track record of working in Sabah on more than RM1.5bil worth of completed projects since July 1994, with another RM800mil worth of ongoing projects.
Bina Puri again? they are really working hard to secure this projects...i wonder who is the contractor for the new SMC...bina puri was the piling contractor

#4,048 · (Edited)
Thien, do you think Sri Kepayan hill or Taman Shangrila hill would be a good place to have an entire view of the Kepayan Police Apartment? Tried Sri Kepayan apartment but the view was blocked by tall trees
After doing a bit of research, I think that you might be able to see it from Taman Shangrila hill (the hiking trail part), though it would be a distant view. I'm not so sure about seeing it from Taman Shangrila though.

You might be able to see it from Sri Kepayan hill too but it would be on the other side of the hill and then there's a graveyard at the top.

Or maybe it can be seen from this new road:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thienzieyung/4614740377
I've just given the link as I've put this photo up here before. I will try to take closer and zoomed in shots of that road. Or anyone could just go up to the junction of Jalan Penampang Lama and Jalan Shantung Settlement. We should be able to see a few changes in that part. :)

And after checking through my archives, I've found this video I've taken back in 2007 and that land was still uncleared! Pause at 9 seconds and you can see it. Sorry for the fast video, I was using a camera that could only record up to 16 seconds! :bash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNLCukgB8-0

#4,049 ·
After doing a bit of research, I think that you might be able to see it from Taman Shangrila hill (the hiking trail part), though it would be a distant view. I'm not so sure about seeing it from Taman Shangrila though.

You might be able to see it from Sri Kepayan hill too but it would be on the other side of the hill and then there's a graveyard at the top.

Or maybe it can be seen from this new road:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thienzieyung/4614740377
I've just given the link as I've put this photo up here before. I will try to take closer and zoomed in shots of that road. Or anyone could just go up to the junction of Jalan Penampang Lama and Jalan Shantung Settlement. We should be able to see a few changes in that part. :)

And after checking through my archives, I've found this video I've taken back in 2007 and that land was still uncleared! Pause at 9 seconds and you can see it. Sorry for the fast video, I was using a camera that could only record up to 16 seconds! :bash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNLCukgB8-0
there's a graveyard on top of Sri Kepayan hill? I was thinking about on climbing that hill till i heard this spooky story :) Where was the video taken from...Jalan Penampang Lama or Jalan Shantung Settlement?

#4,050 · (Edited)
This images are around 2 weeks ago

Jesselton Residences - the developer is utilizing cofferdam construction where there will be no land reclaimation but if you ask me, it's about the same concept with a nicer phrase only. Sheet piles are installed currently and maybe more work are done by now after 2-3 weeks

Boutique hotel of Suria Sabah - slow progress and a sign of work stopping...not for me to judge anyway

Peak Vista Premier tower - overtaking the height of deluxe tower soon...bad picture quality due to the haze 2 weeks ago

#4,052 ·

The following photos are interesting they have spent
the last 3 month digging out all the piles they pored
last year and this year this must be costing them big time.
There must be a major problem with the placement of the
piles some one stuffed up or they changed the building plans

#4,058 ·
maybe they are using the same method as jesselton residences which is cofferdam?
Makes little difference what method is employed - those pics are evidence they already extended the shoreline by shoving soil into the sea, in contravention of what was previously promised, and all that hype about going green etc :eek:hno:
And the authorities seem quite happy to let it all happen just like that - Datuk Masidi, what say you now ?
Btw, is it still the same developer ?

#4,059 · (Edited)
Some info to share

1. Light Residence - RA Concept
Desc: - 22-storey condo with multi-storey car park below (228 units)

2. Grand Pavillion Residence
Desc: 31-storey condo with multi-storey car park below (126 units and 6 unit penthouse)

<- Click to Enlarge the Image

3. Damai Residences - Jesselton Waterfront Holdings
Desc: (Total: 580 residences)
- 38-storey tower (152 units of loft residences)
- 40-storey tower (400 units)
- 14 units of 4-storey garden villa townhouse
- 14 units of 4-storey pool villa townhouse with individual lifts, 4 car park & roof terrace
- 10 units of 4-storey boutique offices/neighbourhood retail units with lifts

#4,060 ·
Weather was so good yesterday afternoon, that I decided to take photos of Banjaran Crocker from Tanjung aru and Petagas flyovers using my mobile.