daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Bosna i Hercegovina > Forum Bosne i Hercegovine > Sarajevo

Sarajevo Projects and constructions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Old October 31st, 2005, 01:02 AM   #1
MIMICA

Likes (Received): 0

Bosmal City Center 118m | COM

BOSMAL CITY CENTER

Bosmal City Center, the first condominium in this part of the world, is being constructed in the Hrasno district of Sarajevo. By condominium we mean a modern, private residential building with monitored entrances, reception, luxurious apartments and common areas serving the residents. Access to the residential and common areas of the object shall be restricted to the residents only, where their privacy is absolutely guaranteed. Common areas encompass lobbies, saunas, pool for adults and children, and a nursery. The most modern international technology and construction equipment is being used in the construction of this object, which began in November, 2001.

The Center offers 306 residential units, with 8 penthouses and 298 apartments, organised in 14 types, with areas ranging from 80 to 220 sq. m. Nine high-speed elevators connect to the garage-commercial area of the center. The residents will be absolutely secure, with special security service responsible for constant monitoring of the whole object, with 200 surveillance cameras on duty, sensors and other modern equipment.

The communication areas in the center, commercial areas and the underground garage with 400 parking lots are monitored from the reception point.

Reaching a height of 118 meters, Bosmal City Center is the tallest residential building in the Balkans. A restaurant will be located at the highest point of the building, giving a panoramic view of the town, including the historical districts as well as the new part of town and its surroundings.
The commercial area will be open to the public, with two restaurants and a meeting bar, supermarket, hair and beauty saloons, dental practice, ambulance service, ophthalmologist’s and optician’s, leather goods boutique, art sales, jewelry shop and other exclusive boutiques. All the facilities within the center are inter-linked with a hundred-meter long promenade.

The value of the overall investment is 80 million EUR, being the biggest direct foreign greenfield investment in BiH. Participation of domestic companies from Bosnia and Herzegovina in construction and furnishing of this object amounts to 70%. The project engages over 65 companies with more than 3,500 workers.

Bosmal d.o.o. is indirectly contributing to the development of Sarajevo's infrastructure by regular settlements representing payment of all its obligations to the government. Projects such as the Fifth transit road and the bridge over the Miljacka river, which will link the main avenue of the city with the Bosmal City Center are being financed out of those funds.

Construction of the Bosmal City Center condominium, Sarajevo's "city within the city", signifies the beginning of a new concept of investments and modern construction in BiH, and the introduction of a new way of living.
MIMICA no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 31st, 2005, 01:46 AM   #2
lakerdar123
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

very nice and impressive. any other pictures of this.
lakerdar123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 04:41 AM   #3
Football Rules
BANNED

Orange and green
These 2 highrises are almost finished right Mimica?
I've seen renderings in Sarajevo Pictures Mila posted a while back and my honest opinion on this is that i like their height and they represent exactly what the article says they do Condominiums so dont expect them to equal those twin glass facade towers (soon to be 3?!) built in the 80's.
Football Rules no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 12:47 AM   #4
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Rules
Orange and green
I've seen renderings in Sarajevo Pictures Mila posted a while back and my honest opinion on this is that i like their height and they represent exactly what the article says they do Condominiums so dont expect them to equal those twin glass facade towers (soon to be 3?!) built in the 80's.
Yeah, they should do be relatively soon.
Old November 1st, 2005, 05:59 AM   #5
Rancher
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Rules
Orange and green
There is a good reason why they paint them in those weird colors. That 's why Sarajevo is not what it used to be. Lets not start the trouble ,nice project.
Rancher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:39 AM   #6
Alien x

Likes (Received): 1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher
There is a good reason why they paint them in those weird colors. That 's why Sarajevo is not what it used to be. Lets not start the trouble ,nice project.
What a load of bull c...
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:47 AM   #7
MIMICA

Quote:
You really amaze me.
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:51 AM   #8
Subangite

Quote:
Why are you politicising a commercial venture? Besides, its a luxury condo, there are no condo's presently in Sarajevo! Its not targeted at the average Bosnians but at wealthy Bosnian diaspora, diplomatic staff and international organisations.

Anyways, it'll be a nice addition to the Sarajevo skyline.
Subangite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:55 AM   #9
Rancher
BANNED

Sorry I wont be posting too much in your section. Last time I was in Sarajevo was in 1987 when my momy bought me a bmx bike on Marijin Dvor. It was raining and cold day.
Rancher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2005, 04:50 PM   #10
mirza-sm
Boznian

Likes (Received): 3037

lol whats the reason for painting them in orange and green ? what do these colours represent rancher???
anyway on the other side of the condominium (its not shown on the pics) there is a RED colour facade..
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:12 PM   #11
Alien x

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper_BiH
lol whats the reason for painting them in orange and green ? what do these colours represent rancher???
anyway on the other side of the condominium (its not shown on the pics) there is a RED colour facade..
Damn Muslim Commies
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:52 PM   #12
mirza-sm
Boznian

Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:54 PM   #13
mirza-sm
Boznian

but no really.. i mean what do the green and orange colors represent,that it bothers Rancher so much ?? i dont get it
Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:15 AM   #14
MIMICA

Don't worry about his comment. It's obvious that he tried to make up some worthless reason for two skyscrapers being painted certain colors.
The only way it'd be linked to politics is if the words "Mother Serbia" were painted along the skyscrapers.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:07 AM   #15
Alien x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMICA
The only way it'd be linked to politics is if the words "Mother Serbia" were painted along the skyscrapers.
oh sorry just thought it changed names.

OK being serious now , can someone please find out how the sales and work (just seems so slow) are going (because they seem to avoid mentioning any real facts)
Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:51 PM   #16
MIMICA

All I know is that the interior is getting it's final touches of work. Most construction projects build the frame in a second (which seems like the hardest part) and then take their sweet-ass time getting the facade and interior done.
Old November 4th, 2005, 12:10 AM   #17
LordMarshall
Evil is a Point of View

Location: Banja Luka - San Francisco - Washington DC - Taipei - Damascus - Amman - Jakarta - Seoul
Likes (Received): 896

I always thought they were building it as they were selling the places, kind of stupid when i think about it now but its the only thing the explains they long ass time its taking to finish it. It was supposed to be finished last year.

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles” - Mahatma Gandhi

LordMarshall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 02:11 AM   #18
Subangite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMarshall
I always thought they were building it as they were selling the places, kind of stupid when i think about it now but its the only thing the explains they long ass time its taking to finish it. It was supposed to be finished last year.
From what I understand they are building it for the luxury end of the market, which has yet to be fullfilled.

One tower from what I was told is a serviced apartment. Which means, its an apartment but with facilities like a hotel, a reception hall, room making facilities, the works. So it will be furnished by Bosmal.

Most major international organisations, diplomats when they first arrive in Sarajevo operate out of the Holiday Inn hotel, usually operating on months on end, The Holiday Inn hotel from my experience is far from luxurious, especially when compared to standards to the outside world. So given the semi long term presence of these international organisations, Bosmal service apartments is planned to meet those needs.
Subangite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 02:54 AM   #19
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subangite
From what I understand they are building it for the luxury end of the market, which has yet to be fullfilled.

One tower from what I was told is a serviced apartment. Which means, its an apartment but with facilities like a hotel, a reception hall, room making facilities, the works. So it will be furnished by Bosmal.

Most major international organisations, diplomats when they first arrive in Sarajevo operate out of the Holiday Inn hotel, usually operating on months on end, The Holiday Inn hotel from my experience is far from luxurious, especially when compared to standards to the outside world. So given the semi long term presence of these international organisations, Bosmal service apartments is planned to meet those needs.
I was in the Holiday Inn less than 2 months ago. It's extremely luxurious, and has great service. The whole extrance of the hotel is magnificant. Fountains with nice clean water, soft music playing in the background and the employees getting anything you want...it's heaven!
Old November 4th, 2005, 03:02 AM   #20
salvius

Likes (Received): 11

These towers are much too bulky and not terribly elegant. The colour scheme is nonsensical. Still, if it proves to be a success, it may spurn some nice development.
salvius no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
sarajevo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: