daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments

Offshore Developments Dubai's offshore projects including Palm Jumeirah, Palm Deira, Palm Jebel Ali and The Waterfront

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 17th, 2015, 07:36 PM   #7881
Sunrise Boy
Sunrise Boy

Likes (Received): 3

I was informed that a Booze Shop (off-license establishment) is open on the Trunk Shoreline (1st building on the left) is this true as I've not visited the building?
Sunrise Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 17th, 2015, 08:25 PM   #7882
tiagofernand

Likes (Received): 0

Hi all,

I am sure you guys are sick and tired of replying to this question, but in 395 thread pages it is not easy to find the answer.

I am considering moving to The Palm either shoreline or marina residences, but everyone keeps telling me "be aware of the beach and pool situation"...

After a thorough process of interviews and desk research I got mixed messages but the majority of the responses lead to the following:

1) Marina Residences - Shared Pool no beach access.
2) Shoreline 1-10 - Shared pool and beach access (guests pay 50AED per visit (is this enforced? some say yes some say no)
3) Other Shorelines and Golden Mile - No Pool and no Beach access.

Can anyone please validate if this is correct?

Sorry for the trouble, but the real estate agents either don't know or don't get me a straight answer and always point to dodgy solutions, being the most creative "If you are in the Golden Mile you can always use the Fairmont pool and beach facilities for free... after the question where can I see it in written they talked about the lovely Dubai weather"

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery please?

Thank you so much for your help.
tiagofernand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 09:28 PM   #7883
Kylar
Dubai Freak

Likes (Received): 11

I love this project
Kylar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 10:04 PM   #7884
dubayyy

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagofernand View Post
Hi all, I am sure you guys are sick and tired of replying to this question, but in 395 thread pages it is not easy to find the answer. I am considering moving to The Palm either shoreline or marina residences, but everyone keeps telling me "be aware of the beach and pool situation"... After a thorough process of interviews and desk research I got mixed messages but the majority of the responses lead to the following: 1) Marina Residences - Shared Pool no beach access. 2) Shoreline 1-10 - Shared pool and beach access (guests pay 50AED per visit (is this enforced? some say yes some say no) 3) Other Shorelines and Golden Mile - No Pool and no Beach access. Can anyone please validate if this is correct? Sorry for the trouble, but the real estate agents either don't know or don't get me a straight answer and always point to dodgy solutions, being the most creative "If you are in the Golden Mile you can always use the Fairmont pool and beach facilities for free... after the question where can I see it in written they talked about the lovely Dubai weather" Can anyone shed some light on this mystery please? Thank you so much for your help.
All shorelines (1-20) have beach and pool access. Make sure the landlord has paid the beach club fees and gives you the access cards.

Golden mile owners can pay an optional beach club charge to IFA and get access to beach club situated between shoreline buildings 7 and 8 (which are both owned and managed by IFA)

Golden mile residents do not have access to Fairmont facilities.

Don't know about Marina Residences.
dubayyy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:42 AM   #7885
seagulls

Likes (Received): 5

Spinneys open!!

http://tradearabia.com/touch/article/RET/288362
seagulls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:58 AM   #7886
Palm-Host

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise Boy View Post
I was informed that a Booze Shop (off-license establishment) is open on the Trunk Shoreline (1st building on the left) is this true as I've not visited the building?
There is a booze shop in Clubhouse 1 on the shorelines, between building 1&2 on the right side.

It's downstairs near the minimart and next to what was Veda restaurant
Palm-Host no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:59 AM   #7887
Palm-Host

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagofernand View Post
Hi all,

I am sure you guys are sick and tired of replying to this question, but in 395 thread pages it is not easy to find the answer.

I am considering moving to The Palm either shoreline or marina residences, but everyone keeps telling me "be aware of the beach and pool situation"...

After a thorough process of interviews and desk research I got mixed messages but the majority of the responses lead to the following:

1) Marina Residences - Shared Pool no beach access.
2) Shoreline 1-10 - Shared pool and beach access (guests pay 50AED per visit (is this enforced? some say yes some say no)
3) Other Shorelines and Golden Mile - No Pool and no Beach access.

Can anyone please validate if this is correct?

Sorry for the trouble, but the real estate agents either don't know or don't get me a straight answer and always point to dodgy solutions, being the most creative "If you are in the Golden Mile you can always use the Fairmont pool and beach facilities for free... after the question where can I see it in written they talked about the lovely Dubai weather"

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery please?

Thank you so much for your help.

All shoreline apartments (1-20) have beach and pool access, as long as service charges are up to date.
Palm-Host no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 10:14 AM   #7888
Richard Head

Likes (Received): 40

Also now open - Beyond the Beach, Aldo shoes, Athletes co, Marina Pharmacy and a couple of cafes.

Next in line shortly - Liali Jewelry, Magrabi Opticals, House of Pizza, The Sewing Corner, Taste Kitchen, Puff Baker Cafe, Wagamama

DkyDky liked this post
Richard Head no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 03:39 PM   #7889
chefdude

Likes (Received): 74

What is it with the Villas on Palm Jumeirah?

Are they poorly constructed / suffering horrendous subsidence or just purchased by people with far too much money?

I have lost count of the number I have seen being demolished and rebuilt again or just majorly renovated. Assuming you bought in the first place because you liked the design or layout and paid a fair old price of it why would you knock it down and start again?

Answers on a postcard
chefdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 04:47 PM   #7890
Slimbo

Likes (Received): 319

It probably works out cheaper than getting an NOC from Nakheel to add an extension.
Slimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 09:51 AM   #7891
CopyLeft

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdude View Post

Are they poorly constructed / suffering horrendous subsidence or just purchased by people with far too much money?

I have lost count of the number I have seen being demolished and rebuilt again or just majorly renovated. Assuming you bought in the first place because you liked the design or layout and paid a fair old price of it why would you knock it down and start again?

Answers on a postcard
No. In the first place, it's the location. The Palm has its certain charming aura. The villas designs suck, from architectural POV. They are lovely to a layman, but far from perfection to a professional architect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods (thousands), you will understand why I dismiss yours." --Stephen F. Roberts
CopyLeft no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 06:09 PM   #7892
Richard Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyLeft View Post
No. In the first place, it's the location. The Palm has its certain charming aura. The villas designs suck, from architectural POV. They are lovely to a layman, but far from perfection to a professional architect.
They weren't designed by architects. Babu did them in between driving his crane

CopyLeft liked this post
Old August 20th, 2015, 06:18 PM   #7893
Richard Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdude View Post

Answers on a postcard
Because many of them are repeat designs, some the same as the one next to it, some the same as the one 3 villas down. Nothing is unique. And because egos. If you can afford 20 million, you can afford another 5 million to differentiate.

If the Palm was subsiding / sinking, no amount of renovation is really going to help. So tired of hearing this sinking bullshit, seriously? You don't think all this land reclamation and the science behind it has been done before? It's decades old. On the Palm itself there are 10 floor apartment blocks, still standing due to some sort of voodoo, so how is a 2 storey villa going to sink? I own a 10th floor apartment so kinda hoping my kids will enjoy inheriting it before water is slooshing around the kitchen. Etc etc rant over I feel better now.
Old August 20th, 2015, 07:31 PM   #7894
True Blue
Dubai Aye!

Likes (Received): 375

I think if I could afford a signature villa, I would want to knock down the cheap shit Nakheel built and rebuild something that is both durable and efficient. Especially if I was lucky enough to have only paid the original price.

In cold countries we spend a lot of time designing buildings for heat efficiency so that we can be 30C warmer inside than it is outside in the snow and ice. So why do they not bother in a country where the temperature outside is 30C warmer than you want inside? Just as you would die from hypothermia if your house is too cold, you can also die from hyperthermia if your house becomes too warm due to a power interruption or AC breakdown.

It then follows that you can build your dream home to a high standard, insulate it and incorporate energy efficient features, solar PV panels, vacuum tube AC, hot water from your waste heat, etc etc. And with the savings you make you will be able to pay off the rebuild costs of your dream home in several hundred years. That joke aside, the value will be built in for many more years to come, so you are unlikely to lose out on your rebuild costs.

It has always been fashionable in the suburbs of Miami to buy an old house in a desirable area, demolish it and build your modern dream.

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2015, 10:06 AM   #7895
Viv

duplicate

Last edited by Viv; August 21st, 2015 at 10:11 AM. Reason: duplicate
Viv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2015, 10:09 AM   #7896
Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
It has always been fashionable in the suburbs of Miami to buy an old house in a desirable area, demolish it and build your modern dream.
Not just Miami - people have always tried to buy the worst house in the best street / town and renovate to modern standards.
Viv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 10:54 AM   #7897
CopyLeft

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
They weren't designed by architects. Babu did them in between driving his crane
But the Central Rotunda plans are designed well. We can't blame its design.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods (thousands), you will understand why I dismiss yours." --Stephen F. Roberts
CopyLeft no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
artificial island, dubai, island, united arab emirates