search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Mumbai > Skyscrapers & Supertalls

Skyscrapers & Supertalls Projects under construction above 200m/650ft tall

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #201
IU
->

Samir, thanks for the effort. The lodha project is coming up on the block which is right between the metro/monorail casting yards and the yard of which you took the images.

This map shows who's using what part of that area. I'm absolutely sure about the location monorail and metro yards.
I might have mixed the eastern freeway and jkumar's yard but this arrangement (with simplex's projects side by side) seems to be about right.

You took pics of JKumar's yard (shown in blue) which is why you see a flyover segment in this picture.

IU no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:47 AM   #202
amhrpi

Likes (Received): 2

IU. Respect.
amhrpi no está en línea  
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:52 AM   #203
bharatiya
Swag Unmatched

Likes (Received): 27

+1
bharatiya no está en línea  
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #204
samir316

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiansUnite View Post
Samir, thanks for the effort. The lodha project is coming up on the block which is right between the metro/monorail casting yards and the yard of which you took the images.

This map shows who's using what part of that area. I'm absolutely sure about the location monorail and metro yards.
I might have mixed the eastern freeway and jkumar's yard but this arrangement (with simplex's projects side by side) seems to be about right.

You took pics of JKumar's yard (shown in blue) which is why you see a flyover segment in this picture.

Simply Brilliant bro

Ok so land that you are saying is going to be used in the Lodha Project is the truck terminal. WIll take some pics of that . The issue is that the terminal is still very much active and the land is not handed over to Lodha as yet and while speaking to a Lodha Rep he told me that the booking for this project will start within this year itself . So I am a bit confused
samir316 no está en línea  
Old August 13th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #205
samir316

Ok so now I am guessing I have taken the rights pics..
The truck terminal is very much active so I dont see this project starting anytime soon

The petrol pump .. Vikas Motor Co which is supposedly part of the land

and finally the monorail construction

samir316 no está en línea  
Old August 13th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #206
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

Likes (Received): 890

great update.. nice to see monorail progress
KuwarOnline no está en línea  
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #207
IU
->

Samir, thanks for the pics. As you must have read on the previous pages, Lodha is still evaluating the best design to choose and build. Once they do that and have the funds tied up, they'll launch the project and the truck terminal will become history. The MMRDA is already scouting for sites in Navi Mumbai, Thane and Borivali.
IU no está en línea  
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #208
India101

Likes (Received): 2630

Cheers Samir.

Though I don't see that design making it through, well not at that height at least. 500m+ is way to high for that area.
India101 no está en línea  
Old August 13th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #209
IU
->

There's nothing wrong with the height in Callison's design. The original Iconic tower was supposed to rise to 526 meters so that's one of the technical parameters the Lodhas have asked all the architects to stick to.

Also nothing wrong with the area since it'll see a lot of development in the coming years thanks to the monorail, eastern freeway and later the metro. The MMRDA in the meantime is planning on selling off the rest of the land that's there around the truck terminus.
IU no está en línea  
Old August 13th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #210
Bombay Boy

Likes (Received): 12

who would have thought 10 years ago that a 700m+ building would be standing in the middle of the desert
Bombay Boy no está en línea  
Old August 13th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #211
occupiedinthought

Not to mention RCF which will eventually pack up and leave (They have already approved redevelopment of their quarters)...and have set up another huge plant somewhere in the konkan...

Also BPCL owns the other large tract of land there and they might downsize as well...

I remember many years ago my dad was getting a good deal in bhakti park (as bombay boy mentioned middle of the desert)...dont think the imax was up yet and was a forgotten unreachable part of bombay...he didn't take up the option because it was close to RCF , transport etc....

How things are changing now.......he would have been laughing all the way to the bank had we bought that one then....
occupiedinthought no está en línea  
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:42 AM   #212
bhargavsura

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiansUnite View Post
There's nothing wrong with the height in Callison's design. The original Iconic tower was supposed to rise to 526 meters so that's one of the technical parameters the Lodhas have asked all the architects to stick to.

Also nothing wrong with the area since it'll see a lot of development in the coming years thanks to the monorail, eastern freeway and later the metro. The MMRDA in the meantime is planning on selling off the rest of the land that's there around the truck terminus.
Yes. Monorail is certainly doing justice to Wadala. Before that there weren't lot of development articles related to Wadala. Now, I just hope that the authorities try to do a good job. They definitely have a chance to develop this end of the city because if this building comes up, builders would be looking for a cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay Boy View Post
who would have thought 10 years ago that a 700m+ building would be standing in the middle of the desert
May be that's a reason to make a desert blossom with cluster of buildings, may be some 80 floor ones.

Last edited by bhargavsura; August 14th, 2010 at 02:48 AM.
bhargavsura no está en línea  
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #213
Coolguyz

Likes (Received): 14876

Hope this clears everything
Coolguyz no está en línea  
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:16 AM   #214
Coolguyz

Old August 14th, 2010, 07:25 AM   #215
Coolguyz

The truck terminus is being refurbished with roads being concretised.It also houses all the allied truck related infrastructure like offices of transport companies, truck repair shops. The terminus isn't going anywhere as long as MBPT is running.All the trucks who wants to enter mumbai or want to go to port have to make a halt here as they cant enter mumbai during day time, so this place acts as a transit point for them.
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #216
IU
->

Coolguyz is right. It always helps when we've got locals on board the forum. Apologies from my side for showing the wrong plot. I was always under the impression that a portion of the truck terminal was sold off to the Lodhas.

Satellite image with the aerial view render from Callison's design for comparison:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguyz
The truck terminus is being refurbished with roads being concretised.It also houses all the allied truck related infrastructure like offices of transport companies, truck repair shops. The terminus isn't going anywhere as long as MBPT is running.All the trucks who wants to enter mumbai or want to go to port have to make a halt here as they cant enter mumbai during day time, so this place acts as a transit point for them.
Here's a recent article that talks about the MMRDA planning on moving the truck terminal and ISBT to other locations - http://www.hindustantimes.com/Planni...e1-557345.aspx
IU no está en línea  
Old August 14th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #217
Coolguyz

Here's a recent article that talks about the MMRDA planning on moving the truck terminal and ISBT to other locations - http://www.hindustantimes.com/Planni...e1-557345.aspx[/QUOTE]

Yea, even I have read that article but the problem is NH 8 which starts at Dahisar connects Mumbai to delhi is way too crowded,its the busiest in terms of truck traffic, the area around octroi in dahisar serves for the trucks coming from North plus the octroi near the Vashi bridge takes way too long to clear all the trucks which comes from the South and eastern side of the country so as quickly as trucks gets clearence from the octroi they need some place close to city where they can stay for the day and move towards the ports in the night without getting any delayed. Same goes for the buses, most of the long distance interstate buses leave at night and there arent much space in the city for them to park or service vehicles during daytime.

Conclusion is this is the right place for ISBT and truck terminus.

In the future it could change, if MTHL is built, so that they dont have to enter through any of the mumbai's arterial roads as octroi will be built on the Vashi side and they could enter directly into the ports at Sewri from NH 3 and NH 17
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #218
bhargavsura

It will be so cool if the image on the right actually comes up.
Old August 15th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #219
ashwa
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Oh man the monorail is just ugly. I really hope they ladscape or do something to make it look pretty!
ashwa no está en línea  
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #220
bhargavsura

What's wrong with it?

Closed Thread