search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #8761
epalmasam

Likes (Received): 80

Klang Valley MRT Line 1 (Sungai Buloh-Kajang Line) | Lenght: 51km | 31 stations |Completion: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
Who are we you're talking about?

If you meant "we malaysian", SPAD have already created the MyJourney app (for Android). There's also iOS version too I think.

This application doesn’t exist in AppStore.
epalmasam no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2017, 12:26 PM   #8762
absolution98

Likes (Received): 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by epalmasam View Post
Hope so. Regarding to that, i dont know why nowadays Singapore MRT become so sucks. Flood, distruption, delay train, slow train speed...why?? i admit their stations are very clean and beautiful...but their service was so sucks.... i think rapid KL did pretty well compared to SMRT... in fact, some of singaporean said they envy of their “neighbour” train service after the tragedy.
Singapore MRT is notorious for its delay,disruption and always breaking down for maintenance service.
The best one in Asia is Hong Kong MTR.Tokyo one is also good but rely on older technology and their stations and train isn't as beautiful as other countries
Seoul is the modern version of Tokyo system.

byong_sun liked this post
absolution98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2017, 05:24 AM   #8763
Daysra

Likes (Received): 14

I am really in love with Tokyo's metro systems most of all. The trains and the stations are older and does not look as fancy, but you can tell that it has been maintained well for a long time. They have stations that are much older than say, our Masjid Jamek, but looks much cleaner and well-kept than Masjid Jamek.

I think Tokyo metro is what we should aspire to emulate. A system that will mature gracefully and serve as for generations.

shafiilham, mobexx liked this post
Daysra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 03:34 PM   #8764
The Farmer

Likes (Received): 203

Thanks to the maintenance team for keeping our mrt station so shiny clean. Good job! (Merdeka MRT Underground Station)

Last edited by The Farmer; November 21st, 2017 at 03:50 PM.
The Farmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 10:58 AM   #8765
pelanty21

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-numbers View Post
So, from the maths, it means the daily ridership is at 100,233~ passengers? Go figure.
SBK Phase 2 only opened on 17 July. So you've lost 16 days--that's half a month or 1/6 of the quarter period. And it takes time for people to move closer/change habits to start utilising the MRT. That 9 mil for Q3 would easily be closer to 12 mil for Q4. Still low at 133,000/month. But that figure will grow soon enough.

And bear in mind there should be room for further growth when SSP and Circle opens. There will be be 2 interchanges with SSP, and perhaps another 2 with Circle.

sabre23t, triple-j liked this post
pelanty21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 01:45 PM   #8766
triple-j

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelanty21 View Post
SBK Phase 2 only opened on 17 July. So you've lost 16 days--that's half a month or 1/6 of the quarter period. And it takes time for people to move closer/change habits to start utilising the MRT. That 9 mil for Q3 would easily be closer to 12 mil for Q4. Still low at 133,000/month. But that figure will grow soon enough.

And bear in mind there should be room for further growth when SSP and Circle opens. There will be be 2 interchanges with SSP, and perhaps another 2 with Circle.
Agreed. One important factor is room for further growth, whether pax increase come from future lines (MRT2 / MRT3) or simply people from this line and start to use this line grow bigger.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 06:32 PM   #8767
weiaze

Likes (Received): 131

I love Tokyo metro too. And it's super convenient. Can go everywhere and when you step outside the station so many shops and restaurants and places of interest. I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daysra View Post
I am really in love with Tokyo's metro systems most of all. The trains and the stations are older and does not look as fancy, but you can tell that it has been maintained well for a long time. They have stations that are much older than say, our Masjid Jamek, but looks much cleaner and well-kept than Masjid Jamek.

I think Tokyo metro is what we should aspire to emulate. A system that will mature gracefully and serve as for generations.

atmapgnew liked this post
weiaze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 03:36 AM   #8768
tunomura

Likes (Received): 147

I takes time the line going to be mature. I believe there will MRT4, 5... in next 50 years. It will not stop there, the country need to spend in order to boost the economy.
tunomura no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, mrt