search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 18th, 2017, 03:09 AM   #10161
JB Citizens (+_+)
"DAULAT TUANKU"

Likes (Received): 1343

Source: http://focus.iproperty.com.my/news/2...fMKtKiPYIQ4.97

Ibrahim International Business District (IIBD) Puts Mobility On Track With Key Public Infrastructure Developments

Strategic Public Infrastructure Developments Set To Drive Accessibility and Connectivity To IIBD

By The iProperty.com News Team on May 17, 2017

Johor Bahru, May 16 – Johor Corporation (JCorp) today announced the commencement of key infrastructure developments for the Ibrahim International Business District (IIBD), namely the Flyover, Link Bridge and PERSADA Annexe. The public infrastructure upgrade is part of the fulfilment of the IIBD Blueprint for Integrated Connectivity Plan to improve the accessibility for both vehicular and foot traffic, and the provision of retail space that is conducive, comfortable and safe to achieve IIBD’s agenda to become the central business district in Johor Bahru city. The event was officiated by YAB Dato’ Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, accompanied by YAB Dato’ Mohamed Khaled bin Nordin, Menteri Besar of Johor.

In his keynote speech, YAB Dato’ Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said, “As IIBD is set to be the region’s emerging investment hub, the three public infrastructure components, which is the Flyover, Link Bridge and PERSADA Annexe collectively present enhanced connectivity that will strengthen the business district and link facets of communities. The Flyover will improve traffic flow along critical corridors to accommodate the local population growth, besides expediting transportation of goods to the local and international markets. This upcoming public infrastructure upgrade in the heart of Johor Bahru marks yet another significant collaboration between the Federal and State Governments to bridge a new mobility culture among the rakyat and citizens of IIBD, by connecting them to the economic opportunities and systems that will allow them to thrive.”

YAB Dato’ Seri also announced the RM250 million Facilitation Fund from the Federal Government to drive the development of Johor Bahru’s public infrastructure and to ensure the integrity of the Integrated Connectivity Plan of IIBD Blueprint for the Flyover and Link Bridge. The funding will be provided through the Unit Kerjasama Awam Swasta (UKAS), which is responsible for monitoring and implementation of such projects.
YAB Dato’ Mohamed Khaled bin Nordin said in his opening speech, “The significance of today’s event is well aligned to the Mobility goal of IIBD with the commencement of public infrastructure upgrade for Link Bridge, followed by the Flyover. The Link Bridge will be a 268-metre walk, connecting JB Sentral to PERSADA Annexe with conducive, comfortable and pedestrian-friendly streetscape and linkages, while the Flyover will link from Tebrau Corridor into IIBD connecting Coronation Square, as part of the Integrated Connectivity Plan of IIBD Blueprint.”

In addition, YAB Dato’ Mohamed Khaled bin Nordin said, “Indeed, IIBD is poised to be the next economic powerhouse within the southern gateway, where mobility infrastructures, entrepreneur-friendly facilities, and soon, pro-business and investment policies, are being developed and implemented to ensure IIBD is an investment-ready community. With plans for infrastructure development in place, IIBD is to become the choice location for businesses and enterprises seeking an attractive, emerging opportunity. Given its strategic positioning, a location within IIBD will offer a critical competitive advantage for any business and the potential of cross-pollination of businesses and funding opportunities is a sound proposition for both local and foreign investors and entrepreneurs.”

Enhancing Mobility for Economic Growth

The IIBD Masterplan is purposed to drive business and investment acceleration through key projects within IIBD as the central business district in Johor Bahru city. Infrastructure development presents as one of the prioritised focus areas to ensure IIBD becomes a choice location for its citizens and business communities, both local and foreign investors and entrepreneurs, to thrive and flourish. Under the Mobility aspect of the IIBD Blueprint, public infrastructure development and upgrading will involve the provision of traffic and pedestrian linkages and avenues.
The Flyover will stretch from Tebrau Corridor into Johor Bahru city centre, connecting to IIBD and Coronation Square. The direct ingress flyover is from Jalan Tun Razak and Jalan Tebrau to Jalan Abdullah Ibrahim and Coronation Square, whereas the direct egress flyover connects from Jalan Abdullah Ibrahim and Coronation Square to Jalan Tun Razak and Jalan Tebrau. The new road alignment of the double decker “8” flyover will provide a more direct and shorter route to ease traffic flow, thereby improving accessibility in the city centre and address the issue of traffic congestion by improving the design and road alignment. The development of the Flyover will have a Gross Development Value (GDV) of RM120 million, and construction is expected to commence in 2018 for a period of 2 years, after which it will be handed over to the management under Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru.

The Link Bridge will be developed to cater for pedestrian facilities based on the IIBD Blueprint. The Link Bridge is a 268-metre pedestrian walkway that connects from JB Sentral to PERSADA Annexe through KOMTAR JBCC. It is expected to be completed within 18 months and will be managed via a concession period with Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru as the ultimate owner of the public facility.

The Link Bridge will serve as a provision towards efficient pedestrian connectivity to provide comfortable and safe avenues for pedestrian movement, besides a lively and competitive ambience for retail in IIBD. IIBD is designed to be a walkable city with future integrated pedestrian linkages that will link offices and parking facilities in the business district within a walking radius of 250 metres. The provision of such facilities will instil a culture of walking and at the same time promote a healthier lifestyle among its citizens.

Powering Entrepreneurs through Infrastructure

As the emerging hub to house local and international entrepreneurs and investors, IIBD will foster entrepreneurial growth with the upcoming construction of PERSADA Annexe, set to be built on the current carpark area of PERSADA abutting the PERSADA building. The design, quality of the built environment and well-developed infrastructure are key factors in the global competition for capturing investor and entrepreneurial interest.
PERSADA Annexe will house retailers in a dedicated space of 83,000 square feet retail centre, catering for adequate physical facilities and networking connectivity in place for businesses to thrive. It will be well connected to the Johor Bahru Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine (CIQ) Complex, through the KOMTAR JBCC and City Square Mall, PERSADA Johor International Convention Centre and will eventually be connected to Coronation Square and Galleria.

The Flyover, Link Bridge and PERSADA Annexe will be developed by Coronade Properties Sdn Bhd, as one of the developers within IIBD. The appointment represents a meaningful and significant public-private partnership in the co-creation process Johor Corporation is undertaking with the people, entrepreneurs and businesses of Johor in the design, planning and implementation of IIBD. Leveraging the upgrade of public infrastructure with the development of this dynamic retail space, these form the thrust of the Mobility lens as spaces and avenues are created to facilitate the connecting of people, ideas and businesses.

Last edited by JB Citizens (+_+); May 18th, 2017 at 04:14 AM.
JB Citizens (+_+) no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2017, 03:13 AM   #10162
JB Citizens (+_+)
"DAULAT TUANKU"

Source: http://theluxuryeditor.com/news/1860

Onyx Hospitality Group Enters Malaysia With Amari Johor Bahru
By Ross · On May 17, 2017

ONYX Hospitality Group, one of Asias leading hotel management companies, has launched its brand-new Amari Johor Bahru in Malaysia’s southern gateway city. The 242-room Amari Johor Bahru, located in the heart of the city, is ONYX Hospitality Group’s first foray into the Malaysian market.

The new city centre hotel is surrounded by the Persada Convention Centre, Komtar JBCC and City Square shopping malls, a short walk to JB Sentral and the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) Complex, and the upcoming Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) system which will link Johor Bahru and Singapore. Amari Johor Bahru is only a 30-minute drive from Senai International Airport, around an 80-minute drive from Singapore’s Changi Airport and also offers close proximity to the heritage district, museums, cafes, traditional bakeries and various local restaurants.

“As ONYX Hospitality Group continues to expand its presence in the Asia-Pacific region, the opening of Amari Johor Bahru demonstrates the growing regional appeal of our portfolio of brands,” said Douglas Martell, Chief Executive Officer, ONYX Hospitality Group. “Amari Johor Bahru has been designed in response to market demands and trends, as tourism in Johor Bahru is currently undergoing a major transformation. This opening will pave the way for the upcoming OZO Medini and Shama Medini at the UM Medini City Lakeside Complex in the nearby Iskandar area, also developed in partnership with UMLand.”

Originally from Thailand and expanding across Asia, Amari has a rich and long-standing heritage. It celebrates the colours and rhythms of modern Asia with each hotel highlighting the textures and flavours of its unique setting through architecture, design, cuisine and service.

Guest rooms at this property are appointed with highlights such as spa-inspired bathrooms, dual-frontage wardrobes, generous storage for shopping finds and ergonomic work stations. To complement a wide variety of room and suite configurations, the hotel also offers six unique Deluxe Pool Access rooms with private terraces, a first for any downtown Johor Bahru hotel. Standard in-room features and amenities include complimentary internet and Wi-Fi, interactive TV, USB connection and international power panels and a minibar with coffee/tea making facilities.

www.amari.com/johor-bahru
Old May 18th, 2017, 04:03 AM   #10163
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown_Eastern View Post
The pedestrian bridge between JB Sentral and Persada

The title is wrong. rm250 millions allocation for 3 components. pedestrian bridge, a flyover & persada annex.

seamless connection in the making:

1st line pedestrian bridge
R&F princess cove-jb sentral (funded by r&f)

2nd line pedestrian bridge
jb sentral-jbcc-coronation square (funded by govt,johor corp & coronade prop)

well done! This effort will enhance business in cbd area.

FayedLee liked this post
The Psychedelic Furs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2017, 04:25 AM   #10164
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

plz consider pedestrian bridge linking tesco-aeon-ikea @ tebrau.
necessity.

byong_sun, EzadHfizy, FayedLee liked this post
Old May 18th, 2017, 09:09 AM   #10165
nazrey
In the brig

Likes (Received): 9471

EU eyeing investment opportunities in Iskandar Malaysia
Wednesday, 17 May 2017 | MYT 8:33 PM

Ismail (fourth from left) sitting at the head of the table with Castillo-Fernandez during the meeting in Johor Baru. - Bernama pic

Quote:
JOHOR BARU: The European Union (EU) is eyeing investment opportunities in the education and tourism sectors of Iskandar Malaysia, said EU ambassador and head of the EU delegation to Malaysia Maria Castillo-Fernandez.

She said the EU viewed Johor as an very important place to set up base not only to capture the Malaysian market but Asean as a whole.

“Iskandar Malaysia has very ambitious plans especially to develop the region. Johor can be a very good test case. We see Johor as a very important place.

“The reason why European companies are attracted to Johor is because of the good infrastructure particularly in the Iskandar Region,” she said, adding that there was legal certainty and a good workforce with working knowledge of English.

Castillo-Fernandez was speaking to reporters after attending a round table discussion between an EU delegation, which is on a trade mission to Johor, and Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) in Johor Baru on Wednesday.

Present were 11 other ambassadors from EU countries namely Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Romania and Spain.

Castillo-Fernandez said there were many issues that the EU was interested in and the visit on Wednesday was a testament of its cause with hope that it could set up a basis to build a more lasting and stronger relations between Europe and Johor.

“Spain, Germany, the Netherlands and France are already key investors in Johor and we are now bringing in Denmark and some Irish companies. So there is certainly an enormous plan to get to know what this place has to offer and the possibilities for investment.

“There are many issues that we are interested in because this is about working in a firm, transparent and good governance, putting environment and sustainability in our projects together as partners, increasing people-to-people exchanges including academic exchanges involving students,” she added.

Meanwhile, Irda chief executive officer Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said the authority expected more investments from the EU based on what had been discussed and presented to the delegation on Wednesday.

“There is definitely a huge potential for nations from Europe to come in through their multinational companies. What we have presented today is not the end of things that we can offer, there is a lot of sectors that can grow further such as tourism.

“What is more important is that Iskandar Malaysia can serve as a platform for European companies to reach out to Asean’s population of 650 million.

“I think that is the bigger picture that we want to see and Iskandar Malaysia can provide that platform,” he said.

Ismail also added that cumulative investment in Iskandar Malaysia from 2006 until March 2017 stood at RM227.67bil and investments from EU accounted for RM13.67bil.

Spain lead the chart with RM4.18bil, followed by Germany (RM2.77bil), Netherlands (RM1.89bil), France (RM1.63bil), United Kingdom (RM1.07bil) and others (RM2.12bil). - Bernama
Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...tIMcvUGsXOD.99

byong_sun liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #10166
Imagon Hahaha

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Citizens (+_+) View Post
U have something to add about this comment? Coming from the "everything so good city"...

I may sound terrible, but I'm not an extremist & always acknowledge Penang's superb skyline... I ranked Penang's skyline no.2 after KL... But there's a glitch in Penang's CBD... Wrong heritage zoning... Killing the CBD growth... Was that my fault? I didn't make the decision... Now, U have a standalone tall looking KOMTAR Tower with old colonial style shop houses in the surrounding areas... Perfect... U guys like it so much right? Now live with it... Like I said, that's none of my concern
I don't quite understand your comment, especially the one directed at me.
Imagon Hahaha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2017, 10:50 AM   #10167
Imagon Hahaha

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotiking View Post
You have superb grammar but self contradicting.

"I have nothing to add personally" vs " I think the other has quite a solid point as of now"

Actually your comment very very vague, what are you trying to convey? If possible, bring out your opinion.
I owe that last contradiction in message from an epiphany whilst scrolling through the replies as I tried to revise my opinion.I guess what I wanted to say was that a simple tweak or readjustment of presentation in this guy's (+_+) part would benefit him greatly in terms of the positive impact he makes on onlookers who might have something to add.If that makes sense, sorry in advance.

The latter, I'm sure it explains for itself.
Imagon Hahaha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2017, 11:44 AM   #10168
xtremesportx

Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Psychedelic Furs View Post

plz consider pedestrian bridge linking tesco-aeon-ikea @ tebrau.
necessity.

So what is the huge empty land in front of IKEA for?

I have a feeling it'll be used as a car park given the high traffic at the area... Hope this is not the case...
xtremesportx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #10169
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremesportx View Post
So what is the huge empty land in front of IKEA for?

I have a feeling it'll be used as a car park given the high traffic at the area... Hope this is not the case...
A shopping complex attach to ikea. not sure operate by ikano or local company.
Old May 18th, 2017, 12:09 PM   #10170
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

prolong this matter by attacking individual won't help much. Contribution needed here lor.

enough is enough lah. anymore provocative post should be condemned.
(e.g):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorento_wataque View Post
of course it is George Town of Penang! arguably it is the most famous of all Georgetowns in the Asia Pacific region, of which there are only less than 10, I think. look here:

http://asia.nikkei.com/var/site_cach...main_image.png

based on previous years rankings, George Town was indeed ranked 117 in 2016 and 118 in 2015, either above or similar to KL.

once again, Penang leads the way! bad news for some though, especially that city far south by the name of new Jubo
This is far much worst in my humble opinion.
Old May 18th, 2017, 01:06 PM   #10171
johorean

Likes (Received): 166

Quote:
A shopping complex attach to ikea. not sure operate by ikano or local company.
dont answer for that guy. just ignore him. he / she always ask a provocative question. donno if he was living in jb or not. never share even a single photo about our city.
johorean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2017, 03:07 PM   #10172
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by johorean View Post
dont answer for that guy. just ignore him. he / she always ask a provocative question. donno if he was living in jb or not. never share even a single photo about our city.
oh, same like that guy eh? ok2. I simply can't wait for ikea grand opening. it will boost up property value in that area
Old May 18th, 2017, 08:19 PM   #10173
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 1101

Quote:
I don't mind if u be fair on your thought mr.Vince! That's why I gave simple comparison... Same situation in 3 cities... But U can't even explain about it... u have been attacking JB & Iskandar Malaysia for so long... Extreme prediction such as Legoland will close shop in 2 years, JCorp no money & etc... Well we all can track back all the legendary posts by U... let's end this...
Quote:
U go to Tebrau with wide open eyes & can see the developments... then approaching JB CBD, u closed ur eyes until u can't see anything shaping up there... hahaha... ur funny... ok chope! Haha... then how about penang cbd vs gurney drive?... melaka cbd vs bandar hilir?... Ok chope!... haha... why only bla bla bla here? Corrupt mind...
How am I not fair? This is how I explained to you, remember?

JB CBD development? Ok you have Suasana, Komtar's office tower....Coronation is hardly anything now., what else? Most cities have most big scale developments downtown. We have them in our Tamans: shows the failure of MBJB and state to develop our urban areas properly. How to foster a city to develop financially and culturally when they can't even create a proper CBD and encourage proper growths there?

Penang's old CBD is now a heritage zone, and it is being preserved nicely. It is still trying to establish a newer CBD near KOMTAR/Timessquare area. The entire area is very urban, built-out all the way to Gurney Drive and beyond. Melaka's CBD is also quite built-out and continuous, and definitely not like JB's sporadic development: CBD--jungle--railway area squatters--green grass land--more squatters-Taman lowrise-new CBD.

Like I said, how can you compare JB with Bandar Hilir, or Georgetown with Gurney? At least for the latter, the development is continuous, fully urban from Georgetown all the way to Gurney Drive.

For JB, you should be comparing Nusajaya and JB's CBD- huge gap in the middle that will take forever to fill. Such a waste to maintain everything there when Nusa is so underpopulated, and far from the bulk of the population. If the state can concentrate on JB's CBD and surroundings instead of spending so much elsewhere, imagine where we would be now. Even today, Jalan D.A. Tahir, an address for so many skyscrapers, is still looking so third world. How do you justify that? Have you ever seen a video of showing the street? Too shameful to show I have to say.

Also, there is the issue of a good public transport system. Are you seriously proud of ours? Wasted funds spent elsewhere could have made our connectivity so much better. If JB aims to be a world-class city, these are the issues that have to be addressed. Otherwise, people will put it down, no hard feelings.

Last edited by Vince; May 18th, 2017 at 08:25 PM.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 03:25 AM   #10174
JB Citizens (+_+)
"DAULAT TUANKU"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
The much neglected Tebrau highly Taman-Taman area of JB look more like the city centre now than the original CBD, which looks the same like 20 years ago.
You raised the issue of JB CBD vs Tebrau.

Then I counter with simple comparison between CBD & Suburban:
Quote:
I gave fair comparison to his attacked on JB... Simple... JB CBD vs Tebrau, Penang CBD vs Gurney Drive, Melaka CBD vs Bandar Hilir...
So, this came out
Quote:
Like I said, how can you compare JB with Bandar Hilir, or Georgetown with Gurney? At least for the latter, the development is continuous, fully urban from Georgetown all the way to Gurney Drive.
Since when I compare JB vs Bandar Hilir? A total misinterpretation... I compared CBD vs Suburban in the same states since U are attacking JB CBD... It goes like this:

JB CBD vs Tebrau
Melaka CBD vs Bandar Hilir
Penang CBD vs Gurney Drive

The closest area to CBD in all 3 states with rapid highrise developments... Very simple comparison... Cannot understand or refused to understand?

And now U want to attack Iskandar Puteri. Btw, there is no such thing as Nusajaya anymore. Now it is called Iskandar Puteri. A true Johorean must know this...
Quote:
For JB, you should be comparing Nusajaya and JB's CBD-
If we take count of JB vs Iskandar Puteri, the fair comparison should be:
- Penang CBD vs Batu Kawan/Butterworth
- Melaka CBD vs Ayer Keroh

Am I not clear enough?

That's why I said, be fair on your thoughts!!! Among the 3 cities, which one is developing it CBD rapidly right now? Which one?

In the case of CBD vs Suburban, I strongly believe that Bandar Hilir has outshine Melaka CBD right now... U seems to be ok with that huh? No attack, no comments & etc... Why? Why only JB?

And U have been praising Penang so much... U said the city is well preserved... The preservation part is very good, but killing the CBD growth in order to get UNESCO status isn't a smart move... It's like blocking business from coming in... If u do understand about the CBD function... So now, the NGO's & Public have rights to object any small or large scale projects in Penang CBD... It's already happening... Poor zoning... But U see that in a different way... In less business oriented way I must say... I respect your thoughts, but plz be fair next time... Fair attack & etc...

ARE WE DONE HERE?
Old May 19th, 2017, 04:48 AM   #10175
johorean

Likes (Received): 166

Quote:

So, this came out

Since when I compare JB vs Bandar Hilir? A total misinterpretation... I compared CBD vs Suburban in the same states since U are attacking JB CBD... It goes like this:

JB CBD vs Tebrau

The closest area to CBD in all 3 states with rapid highrise developments... Very simple comparison... Cannot understand or refused to understand?

And now U want to attack Iskandar Puteri. Btw, there is no such thing as Nusajaya anymore. Now it is called Iskandar Puteri. A true Johorean must know this...

Am I not clear enough?

That's why I said, be fair on your thoughts!!! Among the 3 cities, which one is developing it CBD rapidly right now? Which one?

In the case of CBD vs Suburban, I strongly believe that Bandar Hilir has outshine Melaka CBD right now... U seems to be ok with that huh? No attack, no comments & etc... Why? Why only JB?

And U have been praising Penang so much... U said the city is well preserved... The preservation part is very good, but killing the CBD growth in order to get UNESCO status isn't a smart move... It's like blocking business from coming in... If u do understand about the CBD function... So now, the NGO's & Public have rights to object any small or large scale projects in Penang CBD... It's already happening... Poor zoning... But U see that in a different way... In less business oriented way I must say... I respect your thoughts, but plz be fair next time... Fair attack & etc...

ARE WE DONE HERE?

just ignore "miss v". what comes out from her was always smelly
johorean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 06:05 AM   #10176
EzadHfizy

Likes (Received): 83

Johor Market Outlook

JOHOR, one of the most developed states in Malaysia, has the second-largest population in the country at 3,230,440 as of 2010, which increased to 3,601,690 last year.

Economic activities comprise resource-based industries (palm oil and rubber-based products, herbal products, wood products, biotechnology, etc) and non-resource based industries (electrical & electronic products, marine & port-related industries, services, engineering (M&E) and petrochemical products).
PROPERTY MARKET PERF

RECENT MAJOR DEVELOPMENTS

1. GRID Collection at Sunway Iskandar, Johor

Sunway Property, the property division of Sunway Bhd, will be targeting young entrepreneurs and new start-ups for the GRID Collection at Sunway Iskandar, Johor.

The mixed development, planned for launch next month, consists of 41 retail units, 74 office units and 501 apartment units with a total gross development value of RM376 million.

2. Taman Sri Penawar, Bandar Penawar

MB World Group Bhd’s (MBWG) maiden township development, Taman Sri Penawar in Bandar Penawar, Kota Tinggi, has officially launched on March 11.

With an estimated gross development value (GDV) of RM1.9 billion, Taman Sri Penawar spans 190ha with 3,300 residential units and 380 commercial units planned. The township will be developed in phases by Cocoa Valley Development Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of MBWG. It is expected to be completed in seven years.

3. LBS Bina, YPJ Plantations to develop RM2.6b township

LBS Bina Group Bhd has teamed up with YPJ Plantations Sdn Bhd to jointly develop a mixed township in Kota Tinggi with an estimated GDV of RM2.6 billion.

According to LBS Bina, the project fits into the group’s property development strategy in enhancing its portfolio in township development and further strengthens its presence by allowing capitalisation of its branding in Johor. Biz Bina Development Sdn Bhd (BBDSB), a LBS indirect subsidiary, has entered into a joint development agreement (JDA) with landowner YPJ Plantations for the proposed development.

Measuring 220ha, the land is located near townships such as Kulai, Senai, Kota Tinggi and Bandar Tenggara. It is about 46km from Johor Baru and 29km from Senai International Airport.

4. Johor Halal Park

UMLand J-Biotech Park Sdn Bhd (UJP), a joint venture between United Malayan Land Bhd (UMLand) and the Johor government, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with The Cosmetic & Perfumery Association of Hong Kong Ltd and Persatuan Anggun Menawan Malaysia to bring in potential investors from Hong Kong, Macau and China to the Johor Halal Park (JHP) in Pasir Gudang.

JHP is a joint-venture collaboration between UMLand and Johor Biotechnology & Biodiversity Corporation (J-Biotech), which is a wholly-owned company of the state government. The park will be the 25th halal park in Malaysia and the first park exclusively for 100 per cent halal businesses.

5. Lee Chong Wei International Sports City

United Malayan Land Bhd (UMLand), via its wholly-owned subsidiary Seri Alam Properties Sdn Bhd, has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Chong Wei Binajaya Sdn Bhd to develop part of the proposed Lee Chong Wei International Sports City.

According to a statement by UMLand, under the MoU, Seri Alam Properties will contribute a 6.62ha parcel of converted commercial land to Chong Wei Binajaya, where the latter will develop the commercial portion to form part of the proposed Lee Chong Wei International Sports City.

Located in Bandar Seri Alam, Johor Baru, Lee Chong Wei International Sports City is the brainchild of badminton star Datuk Lee Chong Wei. It is envisioned to be a one-stop ecosystem that blends sports and lifestyle elements.

6. Country Garden’s Central Park first phase launch

Central Park, a joint-venture (JV) project between Hong Kong-listed Country Garden Holdings Co Ltd and Damansara Realty Bhd, has soft launched Phase One of the residential developments in Tampoi, Johor.

The 21.4ha Central Park is located at Persiaran Aliff Harmoni Utama in Tampoi, about 10km from Johor Baru’s Customs.

Developed by the JV company DAC Properties, this freehold development has an estimated GDV of RM4.6 billion. Phase One offers 1,778 condominium units with five layout choices, ranging from one-bedroom to 4+1 bedrooms.

READ MORE at
https://www.nst.com.my/property/2017...atch-evens-out
EzadHfizy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:58 AM   #10177
rotiking

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
How am I not fair? This is how I explained to you, remember?

For JB, you should be comparing Nusajaya and JB's CBD- huge gap in the middle that will take forever to fill. Such a waste to maintain everything there when Nusa is so underpopulated, and far from the bulk of the population. If the state can concentrate on JB's CBD and surroundings instead of spending so much elsewhere, imagine where we would be now. Even today, Jalan D.A. Tahir, an address for so many skyscrapers, is still looking so third world. How do you justify that? Have you ever seen a video of showing the street? Too shameful to show I have to say.
Alamak, you are comparing the wrong thing, no wonder come out with such bias view. Also Penang & Melaka CBD already limited liao, while JB still have IIBD, new MBJB building in Astaka (starting of Jalan tebrau, nice connection yea), and some hill land and reclaimed land nearby, long run, JB CBD will have a better mix btw heritage and modern.

Iskandar puteri too far away lah, I will liken it to Melaka alor gajah (instead of ayer keroh) where there got afarmosa theme park, university, hospital etc.

The point is, although at the same time come out with FC,Puteri Harbour etc, we do not neglect the development of JB CBD. I do not see why those thing cannot co-exist. Future rail line will have one route going along coastal route, next big thing will be happen in danga (in gov next fed budget). Mark my word, you help me i help you culture, Lim helped Jib and is time for Jib to return favor.
rotiking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 07:31 PM   #10178
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 1244

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotiking View Post
Alamak, you are comparing the wrong thing, no wonder come out with such bias view. Also Penang & Melaka CBD already limited liao, while JB still have IIBD, new MBJB building in Astaka (starting of Jalan tebrau, nice connection yea), and some hill land and reclaimed land nearby, long run, JB CBD will have a better mix btw heritage and modern.

Iskandar puteri too far away lah, I will liken it to Melaka alor gajah (instead of ayer keroh) where there got afarmosa theme park, university, hospital etc.

The point is, although at the same time come out with FC,Puteri Harbour etc, we do not neglect the development of JB CBD. I do not see why those thing cannot co-exist. Future rail line will have one route going along coastal route, next big thing will be happen in danga (in gov next fed budget). Mark my word, you help me i help you culture, Lim helped Jib and is time for Jib to return favor.
I think he just having problems understanding with how capitalism works, seem like he's propagating socialist communistic approach of planned economic where the government dictate where,what and when something should be built. but somehow some of his post seeks like he hates government interference too.

or maybe he just didn't want to understand it and claims it as evidence of Johor inferior government compared to what he perceives as superior lim government.

not so sure why you call IP far. you could literally see it from danga bay though. a famous to malacca is senai airport far. and to a Singaporean, jb and IP are if equal distance. for me, IP is built more like the Damansara area. but worse than IO because it's built on top of a forest reserve. but somehow the guys love Damansara

as a malaccan, I don't think malacca even have a CBD the number of office buildings is neglectable, I think less than 10. not sure about Penang though, but personal observation I guess like 20? I think like malaccan, Johorean most penangnite actually work at the industrial estate in bayan lepas. if it's isn't important, the government won't bother with P2X and bayan lepas lrt wouldn't they?

personally, most the talls building in these 2 city are mainly malls,hotels and service apartment surrounding the old town meant to serve tourists and not as a primary place of employment for the local. so it's not a "CBD" in the traditional sense. Malaysia is still not a mainly service base economy. and all three cities malacca, Penang and JB are still heavily reliant on manufacturing. the only difference is the former two has tourism industry. wonder if Vince will regards PD as a CBD because they have a healthy amount of towers there
Old May 19th, 2017, 10:41 PM   #10179
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 1101

Quote:

So, this came out

JB CBD vs Tebrau

Am I not clear enough?

ARE WE DONE HERE?
Bandar Hilir IS downtown Melaka.

Georgetown's urban core extends from the traditional area to the newer parts. Look up googlemaps and see the built-up area extends all the way from the heritage zone to Gurney Drive.

Both Melaka and Georgetown expands organically from the traditional core, making them very walkable.

JB's old CBD planned by Sultan Iskandar is quite walkable, but the modern city is cut off by big roads, highway, railway, forested patches, squatters, CIQ, and then you get to the infrastructure-neglected Taman areas, which you see the newest tall towers. As a tourist, JB city is not appealing at all. OK if you have a car.

Still don't get why the planning is bad?
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2017, 05:32 AM   #10180
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

Quote:
Bandar Hilir IS downtown Melaka.

Georgetown's urban core extends from the traditional area to the newer parts. Look up googlemaps and see the built-up area extends all the way from the heritage zone to Gurney Drive.

Both Melaka and Georgetown expands organically from the traditional core, making them very walkable.

JB's old CBD planned by Sultan Iskandar is quite walkable, but the modern city is cut off by big roads, highway, railway, forested patches, squatters, CIQ, and then you get to the infrastructure-neglected Taman areas, which you see the newest tall towers. As a tourist, JB city is not appealing at all. OK if you have a car.

Still don't get why the planning is bad?
Quote:
The title is wrong. rm250 millions allocation for 3 components. pedestrian bridge, a flyover & persada annex.

seamless connection in the making:

1st line pedestrian bridge
R&F princess cove-jb sentral (funded by r&f)

2nd line pedestrian bridge
jb sentral-jbcc-coronation square (funded by govt,johor corp & coronade prop)

well done! This effort will enhance business in cbd area.
The long stretch pedestrian bridge is a good initiative to encourage people to walk in jb. segget river is another on going project that serve the same purpose. At least the answer came to you with solid evidence. not by words, but absolute on going projects.

jb is not a tourism oriented city like malacca & penang. more to business & services. But now, they are trying to make it livable. give em' some time lah.

Tags
johor bahru