SkyscraperCity Forum banner
81 - 100 of 294 Posts
Had a talk with a USTian. He told that the new campus would be opened by this December for the first batch, as UST is facing severe space shortage in technopark..

Regarding stadium, its Utter bullshit the construction going on there is at a snails pace...The stadium construction is going pretty well and it is evident from the recent pics posted in Stadium sub forum... ;)

^^^^^^
Like I pointed out elsewhere in this forum, pessimism is in abundance. I do not know the reason why it is so. Also, many tend to call “Woolf” at the drop of a hat, without much reason to corroborate. From my perspective, it’s better to be an optimist.

Discussion starter · #83 ·
A heavy monsoon usually stalls construction work somewhat especially below ground construction. Even work above ground, though not affected by water logging, can be slowed down. For example exterior work such as painting and cladding can be affected while site conditions get worse due to the general slush and flooding. Moreover, construction materials can also get delayed due to flooding in other parts of the State or of the country.

Had a talk with a USTian. He told that the new campus would be opened by this December for the first batch, as UST is facing severe space shortage in technopark..

Regarding stadium, its Utter bullshit the construction going on there is at a snails pace...The stadium construction is going pretty well and it is evident from the recent pics posted in Stadium sub forum... ;)
yup...couple of my cousins are working in UST , when i last spoke to them they were saying the same thing, there r people sitting on the corridors and working, serious space shortage , same thing is faced by Allianz, recently heard that they are looking for more space in TP1 unfortunately not much space available :eek:hno: , i don’t know how TP is going to tackle this space shortage as half of the phase 3 is filled ,only hope is that UST and Infy will be moving out from bhavani and tejaswini to there own building and that space can be used for near future development of other companies like allianz.

Discussion starter · #85 ·
Large companies like Allianz actually prefer to consolidate their offices in one location if possible because of scale efficiencies. So it may not make a lot of sense to backfill office spaces vacated by other firms.

yup...couple of my cousins are working in UST , when i last spoke to them they were saying the same thing, there r people sitting on the corridors and working, serious space shortage , same thing is faced by Allianz, recently heard that they are looking for more space in TP1 unfortunately not much space available :eek:hno: , i don’t know how TP is going to tackle this space shortage as half of the phase 3 is filled ,only hope is that UST and Infy will be moving out from bhavani and tejaswini to there own building and that space can be used for near future development of other companies like allianz.
If demand is there, TP has to build space. Always we should keep space available for expansion.

Discussion starter · #87 ·
If demand is there, TP has to build space. Always we should keep space available for expansion.
True, it is important to have office inventory available. The "land not available" ploy has already been used to divert at least two major tenants away from TP in the past.

That said, it is probably best for TP to act as a master developer and let private firms develop the built-up space. In the absence of any significant financial support from the Government, TP is already pretty financially stretched.

What I do not understand why are companies that have independent campus like infy, elxsi, IBS still occupy space in TP? They should vacate when their campus is ready.

This would create space and opportunities for new companies and the 'no space' excuse' will sound strange.

Discussion starter · #89 ·
What I do not understand why are companies that have independent campus like infy, elxsi, IBS still occupy space in TP? They should vacate when their campus is ready.

This would create space and opportunities for new companies and the 'no space' excuse' will sound strange.
One reason is that it is very complicated to move non- SEZ assets and employees to the SEZ operation.

Large companies like Allianz actually prefer to consolidate their offices in one location if possible because of scale efficiencies. So it may not make a lot of sense to backfill office spaces vacated by other firms.
Ajay, Allianz is actually operating out of 4 buildings in TP, chandragiri, bhavani, tejaswini and Leela. also in bhavani its in the 2nd floor , they are expecting either UST or infy on 1st floor and 3rd floor respectively to move out so that Allianz can easily take any one of the floor for there future expansion which actually makes sense , but the question is how long they can wait for them to move ??? :)

81 - 100 of 294 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.