SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Mall of Travancore, Trivandrum | Shopping | Multiplex | Food Court | Entertainment |

294K views 655 replies 105 participants last post by  anupjosef 
#1 ·
Mall of Travancore, Trivandrum | Shopping | Multiplex | Food Court | Entertainment |

Mall of Travancore is a full-fledged shopping mall near Trivandrum International Airport by Malabar Developers.

Mall of Travancore coming up near the Thiruvananthapuram International Airport and Technopark, will feature more than 300 outlets of global brands over 7 lakh sq.ft of shopping space. Poised to be a lifestyle-integrated mall, this futuristic mall will offer lifestyle-specialty stores, restaurants featuring exotic cuisines, global food court brands, entertainment zone with seven multiplex screens, party halls, amusement rides, business facilities like banks, foreign exchange centers and ATMs. The shopping mall is expected to generate employment opportunities for over 7000 people.

#191 · (Edited)
Loss Leader is all about bringing people in. Sure, they will loose money on one single product, but they will make money on others.

Mall(Substitute any vanity project they have in ME) as project may not be successful or break even like competitors, but it is bringing people by the boat load. They are spending money on other things.

Pay attention to that highlighted part. MoT break even numbers will be far stricter than Emirates Mall. MoT or any private malls will be more susceptible to financial turmoils as well.

Personal story which may or may not be applicable: Middle east was known as a desert in the 70s. I had friends and family who would not even step down there during transit. Past 2010s, they love to spend couple of days during transit. Heck people go there for holidays, honeymoons for that Instagram shots nowadays.

#192 ·
All of it is Ok.

However at the end of the day any business should be financially prudent. The main measure of finacial prudency is a sustainable bottomline. It can come directly or indirectly through associated revenues.

In fact a fat bottomline is much much better than a sweet face.

#210 ·
On the subject of Gold, I keep wondering why Kerala is so obsessed with the yellow metal.
It is almost like 'God's own' has become Gold's own. The State and the City will develop faster if we put that money into circulation and add a bit of 'oomph' to the beautiful place!!!

#212 ·
There has to be places where the money has to be spent.

For tourism developments, it would be better if DTPC just provided the infrastructure, and Kudumbashree and other private entities were given the right to operate cafes, street food stalls, pedal/row boat/kayak rental etc in the Veli - Aakkulam stretch. Getting the people out of the houses, and to touristy places WHERE THEY CAN SPENT MONEY should be the aim of the government. Providing recreation other than bars would have positive societal benefits too.

#229 ·
^^^^^^ Right.Lulu mall Kochi was inaugurated by previous CM Oommen Chandy and Oberon mall was inaugurated by Kodiyeri Balakrishnan (Tourism Minister that time).There is no point in bringing any film stars for inauguration. Huge crowd will be visiting the mall on the initial weeks anyways.

#233 ·
malabar group mall inauguration

so, i am sorry to say one more city is going the mall way and to give rise , the instant rise in the consumerism, there are positives and negatives but i am sorry, having seen the mall culture and lived in it, i hope it wont be disaster as the gurugram or bangalore, chennai way. anyways all the

#234 ·
so, i am sorry to say one more city is going the mall way and to give rise , the instant rise in the consumerism, there are positives and negatives but i am sorry, having seen the mall culture and lived in it, i hope it wont be disaster as the gurugram or bangalore, chennai way. anyways all the
I am not able to fathom why consumerism is unwelcome. Kindly enlighten. Kindly also say what are the disasters that has occurred in any of the metros where malls in substantial numbers are operating for years .

#245 ·
തിരുവനന്തപുരം: തലസ്ഥാന നഗരം ഇനി കോവളം ബൈപാസിലെ ഇഞ്ചയ്ക്കലേക്ക് ചുരുങ്ങും. തലസ്ഥാനത്തെ ആദ്യ മാള്* ഈ മാസം 16ന് പൊതുജനങ്ങള്*ക്ക് തുറന്നു കൊടുക്കും. ഔദ്യോഗിക ഉദ്ഘാടനം ഈ മാസം 23ന് മുഖ്യമന്ത്രി പിണറായി വിജയന്* നിര്*വഹിക്കും. അവസാന വട്ട മിനുക്കുപണികള്* മാള്* ഓഫ് ട്രാവന്*കൂറില്* പുരോഗമിക്കുകയാണ്. കഴക്കൂട്ടം-കോവളം ബൈപാസില്* ഈഞ്ചയ്ക്കല്* അനന്തപുരി ആശുപത്രിക്ക് സമീപം ഏഴേക്കര്* സ്ഥലത്താണ് തിരുവനന്തപുരത്തെ ആദ്യ മാള്*. മലബാര്* ജ്വല്ലറി നടത്തിപ്പുകാരായ മലബാര്* ഡെവലപ്പെഴ്സിന്*റെ സംരംഭമാണ് ‘മാള്* ഓഫ് ട്രാവന്*കൂര്*’.

തലസ്ഥാനം ചുരുങ്ങും മാളിലേക്ക്

തിരുവനന്തപുരത്തെ പ്രധാന ഷോപ്പിംഗ്* ഇടങ്ങളെല്ലാം മാളിലുണ്ട്. ഷോപ്പിങ്ങിനു വെയില്* കൊണ്ട് തെരുവ് തോറും അലയേണ്ട. എയര്*കണ്ടീഷന്*റെ തണുപ്പില്* മുന്തിയ ബ്രാന്*ഡുകള്* തെരഞ്ഞെടുക്കാം. മാള്* ഓഫ് ട്രാവന്*കൂറിലെ ഓരോ കോണും ഓരോ സ്ഥലപ്പേരുകളാണ്. തമ്പാനൂരും കിഴക്കേകോട്ടയും ചാല മാര്*ക്കറ്റുമൊക്കെ ഇങ്ങനെ മാളില്* ഇടം പിടിച്ചു. മത്സ്യവും മാംസവും ലഭിക്കുന്ന ഇടമാണ് ചാല മാര്*ക്കറ്റ് . സ്ഥല ചരിത്രവുമായി ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട ചരിത്രവും പെയിന്റിംഗും ഇവിടെയുണ്ട്.തിരുവനന്തപുരത്തെ സ്ഥലങ്ങള്* കൂടാതെ മാനാഞ്ചിറയും സ്വരാജ് റൌണ്ടുമൊക്കെയുണ്ട് മാളില്*.

വമ്പന്* ബ്രാന്*ഡുകള്*:വിശാല സെലക്ഷന്*

മാളില്* കയറിയാല്* ഷോപ്പിംഗ് ആഘോഷമാക്കാം. ഷോപ്പേഴ്സ് സ്റ്റോപ്, ലൈഫ് സ്റ്റൈല്*, ആപ്പിള്*, മാക്സ്, കല്യാണ്*, ചിക്കിംഗ്, ആരോ, ഹഷ് പപ്പീസ്,ഈസി ബേ തുടങ്ങി പ്രമുഖ ബ്രാന്*ഡുകള്* മാളിലുണ്ടാകും.

ഉല്ലാസം അതിരില്ലാതെ

മാളിലെ പ്രധാന ആകര്*ഷണം 14,383 ചതുരശ്ര അടിയുള്ള പ്ലെയാസ എന്ന ഫണ്* ഏരിയയാണ്. ജര്*മ്മന്* സാങ്കേതികവിദ്യയാണ് ഇവിടെ ഉപയോഗിച്ചിരിക്കുന്നത്. കുട്ടികള്*ക്കായി വലിയ റൈഡുകളും 9ഡി തിയറ്ററുമുണ്ട്. സിനിമയിലെ ദൃശ്യങ്ങള്*ക്കനുസരിച്ച് ഇരിപ്പിടം അനങ്ങും. സിനിമയില്* പുക വന്നാല്* യഥാര്*ത്ഥ പുക അനുഭവിക്കാം. പൂക്കളും സുഗന്ധവും വന്നാല്* സിനിമാ ഹാളിലും മണം നിറയും.പന്ത്രണ്ടു പേര്*ക്ക് ഒരു സമയം 9ഡി സിനിമാ കാണാനാകും. കുട്ടികള്*ക്ക് പിറന്നാള്* ആഘോഷിക്കാന്* വലിയ പാര്*ട്ടി ഏരിയയുണ്ട്.
സിനിമ കാണാന്* ഏഴ് സ്ക്രീനുകളുണ്ട്. കാര്*ണിവല്* ഗ്രൂപ്പിന്*റെ മള്*ട്ടിപ്ലെക്സില്* 1324 പേര്*ക്ക് വിവിധ സ്ക്രീനുകളിലായി സിനിമ കാണാം.

സ്വാദേറും രുചിഭേദം
വിശാലമായ ഫുഡ് കോര്*ട്ടാണ് മാള്* ഓഫ് ട്രാവന്*കൂറില്* സജ്ജമാക്കിയിരിക്കുന്നത്.12,000 ചതുരശ്രയടിയിലാണ് ഫുഡ് കോര്*ട്ട്. വ്യത്യസ്ത രുചികളില്* 23 സ്റ്റാളുകള്* ഇവിടെയുണ്ടാകും.കെഎഫ്സി മുതല്* നാടന്* രുചി വരെ.

പ്രഭാത നടത്തക്കാരേ.. ഇതിലേ..ഇതിലേ..

ഈഞ്ചക്കല്* ഭാഗത്തുള്ളവര്*ക്ക് രാവിലെ നടക്കാന്* ഇടമില്ലന്ന പരാതി മാള്* വരുന്നതോടെ തീരും. ഒന്നര കിലോമീറ്റര്* ‘വാക്ക് വേ’ മാളിനു പുറത്ത് തയ്യാറാക്കിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. 50,000 ചതുരശ്രയടിയിലാണ് പുറത്തെ മിനിപാര്*ക്ക്. ഇതില്* ജൈവ പച്ചക്കറികള്*,പാല്* എന്നിവ ലഭിക്കുന്ന മുപ്പതിലധികം കിയോസ്ക്കുകള്* ഉണ്ട്. ദൈനംദിന ജീവിതവുമായി ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട സാധനങ്ങള്* മാളില്* കയറാതെതന്നെ ഇതുവഴി വാങ്ങാനാവും.മിനിപാര്*ക്കിലെ വേദിയില്* എന്നും സാംസ്കാരിക പരിപാടികള്* അരങ്ങേറും.
മാളിന് മുന്നിലെ ഭിത്തിയില്* തൂങ്ങുന്ന ലംബ ഉദ്യാനം മറ്റൊരു ആകര്*ഷണമാണ്.

തലവേദനയാവില്ല പാര്*ക്കിംഗ്
മള്*ട്ടി ലെവല്* പാര്*ക്കിംഗാണ് മാളില്* ഒരുക്കിയിരിക്കുന്നത്. 1200 വാഹനങ്ങള്*ക്ക് പാര്*ക്ക് ചെയ്യാനാവും.വാഹനം മുഖ്യ കവാടത്തില്* എത്തുമ്പോള്* തന്നെ പാര്*ക്കിംഗ് സ്ഥലമുണ്ടോ എന്നറിയാം.

#246 ·
തിരുവനന്തപുരം: തലസ്ഥാന നഗരം ഇനി കോവളം ബൈപാസിലെ ഇഞ്ചയ്ക്കലേക്ക് ചുരുങ്ങും.

തലസ്ഥാനം ചുരുങ്ങും മാളിലേക്ക്
:-D :-D

I would like to hear it something like,
After MG Road and Keston Road the retail and entertainment vibe of capital city to spread it's wings on NH and Technovalley.

#248 ·
MG Road and Keston road has some shops which catered to the tvm pple for their shopping requirements but the true mall culture has entered tvm with opening of Malabar Mall and next year when lulu opens the entire shopping centre of tvm will be the new bypass whether one likes it or not. Same as the case with kochi, after 5 in the evening the entire mg road wears a deserted look while the stretch from edapally to vytilla is brimming with activities. How can u classify some petty shops with a world class mall? Just look at the investment size, that itself will prove the case for the new malls.

#249 ·
Good to have such things happening... but remember the fact that it is all coming up because of the new upgraded bypass and it has a limited bandwidth only as far as the traffic it can handle is concerned. So better use it optimaly. Otherwise traffic nightmares are waiting. MoT and Lulu going to make sure the Kazhakoottam - Thiruvallam stretch utilized over 100% with Anayara and Chacka junctions remaining as major bottle necks.