daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Thai Forum > Architecture and Urban Facilities

Architecture and Urban Facilities Architectural wonders of Thailand and Special focussion on Urban Mobilities

Old April 29th, 2005, 02:42 AM   #1
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 873

"Suan Kularb" and "Suan Hong" Royal Residence

Suan Kularb

This large chalet was originally the residence of Prince Asdang Dejavudh, one of King Chulalongkorn's (Rama V) many sons, born by Queen Saovabha. The Prince's brother, upon becoming King Rama VI, promoted the prince to become Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Navy, and had the palace compound expanded to include a Throne Hall. The Prince lived here until his death in 1924.

The building has been restored to how it looked in the Prince's time. Along with the impressive rooms and furniture, the building displays paintings from the collection of His Majesty the King.

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 29th, 2005, 02:42 AM   #2
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

Old April 29th, 2005, 02:43 AM   #3
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old April 29th, 2005, 02:43 AM   #4
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Suan Hong

This two storey well-proportioned house with its ornate fretwork was constructed on the order of King Chulalongkorn (Rama VI) for his grandmother Queen Savang Vadhana. The Queen resided here from 1902 to 1910.
The beautifully restored building now displays pictures from important events in the life of His Majesty the King as well as the Crown Prince. These include their time as monks. There are also mannequins dressed in the various uniforms of members of the court. In the large covered entryway are also scale models of the complete Dusit Palace complex.

In the yard on the south side of the house, between it and the carriage museum, is a small house apparently intended as a children's play house. Everything, including the rattan furniture inside, is about half full size.

Old April 29th, 2005, 02:43 AM   #5
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old April 29th, 2005, 02:44 AM   #6
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old April 29th, 2005, 03:50 AM   #7
kiku99
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰国

Likes (Received): 6

beautiflul. where exactly are they located?

Bangkok Skyline Links
Thai forum | Bangkok Skyscrapers Info | Amazing Thailand | Bangkok City
kiku99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:59 AM   #8
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Around Suan Dusit area....

Old January 14th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #9
Wisarut

Likes (Received): 468

Khun Chad,

Now Sun Kularb Palace (near Anantasamakhom Throne Hall) is a resident for Phra Ong Somsawalee (Princess Somsawalee - first consort of Crown Prince) though ... even though it was occassionally used as the resident for Royal Guests...