daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Foro de Rascacielos Españoles > Foros regionales > Canarias

Old December 3rd, 2007, 02:18 PM   #1
mkoz

Likes (Received): 0

Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Hello,

First of all I want to send greetings for every user of this great forum. I am here for the first time and I want to introduce myself. My name is Marcin and I am from Poland. I am 30 yeras old.

I apologize for not writing in Spanish, but unfortunatelly, I can't speak in your language. If you have willingness to help me in English I will be very thankfull.
What is the problem ?
I am going to be on Tenerife during the Carnival 2008. Now I am searching for the accomodation in the period between 30.01.2008 - 06.02.2008 for 4 people (2 couples). I am also considering what is the best solution - living in Santa Cruz de Tenerife (expensive hotels and only a few), or living in the near-by area somewhere close to the Santa Cruz (for example Candelaria). It's hard to decide because I'm a budget traveller, and it will be nice to find something cheap as well as close to Santa Cruz.
If you have any suggestions which can help me, please give me some advises.

Best regards from Poland,
Marcin.
mkoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Lorum
¡Vía libre!

Hello mkoz!

We are glad to welcome you to our forums. I read your post, so I asked Kozi (a great expert, a connoisseur of our island) to look for the best place to stay near Santa Cruz, in order to inform you.

He was considering Candelaria as an option, but it is not the best one. I think Puerto de la Cruz or La Laguna could be better. Transportation among Santa Cruz, La Laguna and Puerto de la Cruz (mainly between Santa Cruz and La Laguna) has better frequency and a better service.

Check the list above. Otherwise, we propose some good options, including Santa Cruz (there are some cheap ones):

Hotel Nivaria - La Laguna
Puerto de la Cruz Hotels
Santa Cruz Hotels

If you decide not to choose Santa Cruz to stay, we would like you to consider La Laguna (especially Hotel Nivaria) because of the tram. I'm sure the tram will operate in the night during Carnaval 2008. If you choose, for instance, Puerto de la Cruz, please remember that you will only be able to take the bus.

Please visit these useful links (Tenerife Tram and TITSA buses):

MetroTenerife
TITSA.com

I hope you enjoy your stay here!!
Old December 3rd, 2007, 08:15 PM   #3
kozi
stand up and fight

Likes (Received): 63

Hi mkoz! and great answer, Lorum, thanks

Another new hotel is the NH. The NH hotel (****) is in the downtown and it's very good.

link
http://www.nh-hoteles.es/nh/es/busqu...=1&fini=&fout=

From all of us we hope you enjoy this great celebration.
El edificio se alzaba, alto y brillante, con sus 125 plantas, desde el suelo hasta el mástil de la radio y televisión que se clava agudo en el cielo. En comparación con las masas gemelas del cercano centro de comercio, el edificio parecía delgado, casi delicado, pero con ocho sótanos bajo la calle, sus raíces estaban profundamente clavadas en el suelo rocoso de la isla; y su núcleo y esqueleto externo, cuidadosamente diseñados, tenían la fuerza del acero de muelles laminado....
RASCACIELOS
de Richard Martin Stern
kozi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #4
mkoz

Hello again,

Thank you for your quick response and warm welcome.
I will consider your options. I've noticed that it's very limited choice of the hotels in La Laguna as well as Santa Cruz. I wish there was as much hotels in Santa Cruz area as in Tenerife South and Puerto de La Cruz area. It would be easier for me to find the best mix of a convenience and a price.
Now I'm thinking about Catalonia Punta del Rey or Tenerife Tour in Candelaria. Another pick is Pelinor in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, or one of the hotels in Puerto de La Cruz.
I'm wondering what could be the cost of the taxi from Santa Cruz to Candelaria when we will want to return to the hotel after late night Carnival events... If you have such information, please share it with me.
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #5
Lorum
¡Vía libre!

Hello again!

The cost of the taxi Santa Cruz - Candelaria could be around 30€. However, if you have to decide, we recommend you Puerto de la Cruz, because it's more beautiful than Candelaria, in terms of tourism. Otherwise, Candelaria is so pretty and religious. Candelaria's Basilica is one of most important places in Tenerife. In Puerto de la Cruz, you'll find Loro Parque, the best zoological theme park in Europe. But I think you'll come here just to enjoy Santa Cruz's Carnival, so that aspect doesn't matter at all.

Trips Santa Cruz - Puerto de la Cruz - Santa Cruz are really easy to do. Please visit TITSA website and look for the frequency of the following lines: 101, 102, 103, 107, 108. I think the frequency of those lines will change during Carnival 2008, because the inflow will be extremely exaggerated.

People who stayed at Catalonia Punta del Rey Hotel didn't like it at all. I don't know anything about Pelinor, but I will find out about it.

Please write back with your doubts.
Old December 4th, 2007, 12:25 PM   #6
mkoz

Thanks Lorum once again for your important response.

All of that what you've said forces me to consider seriously location in Puerto de la Cruz.
Earlier I didn't thought about this thinking that it's too far from Santa Cruz and than coming back from Santa Cruz to Puerto after celebration events could be difficult and not convenient for us.
You have mentioned the buses - I'm wondering how long this journey could last and if it will be available links in the timetible till the late night hours during the Carnival.
I didn't tell you that we will rent a car to travel across the island to see some of the beautiful places and not only the Carnival. Unfortunatelly, at this moment I don't know if one of us could not to drink an alcohol at all during the Carnival night events :-) and this is why I am thinking about using the public transport. I hope that someone of us will devote yourself and will be our driver during the Carnival :-)
Old December 4th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #7
Lorum
¡Vía libre!

Santa Cruz - Puerto de la Cruz will take you 30-40 min by bus. Maybe, one option for the transportation would be ask a taxi driver for take you to the most important places. These places are: Santa Cruz (not only at night :: Auditorio de Tenerife, Recinto Ferial, Parque García Sanabria, Plaza Weyler, Calle Castillo,etc.), La Laguna (Humanity Heritage :: At night or in the morning :: taking the tram to see the metropolitan area), La Orotava Candelaria, Teide (3.718 meters :: Humanity Heritage), Anaga, Punta de Teno, Siam Park (Acquatic Theme Park :: The biggest in Europe), Tenerife South...

The timetable is not ready yet.
Old December 10th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #8
mkoz

Hello again,

During the weekend I was searching deeply between the offers and right now I am wondering about some apartments in Santa Cruz. I am thinking for example about rooms for rent in Las Torres de Santa Cruz. I have seen some advertisements. I think you know this building.
If you have any comments, they are welcome.

Marcin.
Old December 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #9
Er_Xixa

Likes (Received): 5

I think that in this place, Torres de Santa Cruz, the rooms could be very expensive. Maybe you should go to more cheaps apartaments next to Santa Cruz center. Welcome and good luck .
Er_Xixa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #10
Lorum
¡Vía libre!

Surely, Torres de Santa Cruz will be extremely expensive for the objective of your stay in Tenerife... I don't know if there are many apartments to rent in Santa Cruz. Nevertheless, please visit this page.

Write back with some news.
Old December 11th, 2007, 02:31 PM   #11
mkoz

Hello again,

I am waiting for a response from owners of the apartments to rent in Las Torres de Santa Cruz. In the meantime I have found some addresses of the pensiones:

Casa Blanca
Viera y Clavijo, 15
38003 - Santa Cruz de Tenerife (SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE)
Telefono: 922 27 85 99

Cejas
San Francisco, 47
38002 - Santa Cruz de Tenerife (SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE)
Telefono: 922 28 18 72

Mi Lema
Simón Bolívar, 3
38007 - Santa Cruz de Tenerife (SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE)
Telefono: 922 22 58 79

Mova
San Martín, 33
38001 - Santa Cruz de Tenerife (SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE)
Telefono: 922 28 32 61

Padilla
Av. General Mola, 16
38008 - Santa Cruz de Tenerife (SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE)
Telefono: 922 27 06 32

Torres
Claudio F.Sarmiento, 3
38009 - Santa Cruz de Tenerife (SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE)
Telefono: 922 64 05 80

Valverde
Sabino Berthelot, 46
38002 - Santa Cruz de Tenerife (SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE)
Telefono: 922 27 40 63

Padron
Núñez de la Peña, 29
38202 - San Cristóbal de la Laguna (SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE)
Telefono: 922 25 91 16

Anyone knows these places? I can't google any www or e-mails dedicated to theses accomodations. I would like to find information about prices and how they look like.
Old December 17th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #12
mkoz

Hello again,

I am still searching the accommodation. How about the students houses at the University of La Laguna? Do you think it is a good idea to stay there and will it be possible to stay there if I am not a student?
Old January 2nd, 2008, 12:43 AM   #13
Lorum
¡Vía libre!

It's hard to know, because you'll never know what you're going to see or who you're going to stay with... I think that renting an apartment would be better.

Any place you posted would be good, but you must call or email and check conditions and prices.

Write back with news soon.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:55 AM   #14
mkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorum View Post
It's hard to know, because you'll never know what you're going to see or who you're going to stay with... I think that renting an apartment would be better.

Any place you posted would be good, but you must call or email and check conditions and prices.

Write back with news soon.
Thank you for your response.
First of all I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

We have already chosen the hotel. It is the Hotel Horizonte in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. I hope the weather will be ok and we will have a nice time in Tenerife.
What's the weather look like right now? I can see some forecasts but how do you feel by yourself? Is it warm enough to sunbathing on the beach? :-)