search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which design do you prefer?
The KSS design 64 17.44%
The Populous design 303 82.56%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #33601
EJG

Likes (Received): 3719

Just got an email from the club about a "one week only" self guided stadium tour of WHL:

"For one week only, White Hart Lane will be open for self-guided tunnel tours - no need to book, just head to the Spurs Megastore and purchase your ticket at the till!

The Lane will be open Monday 1 May until Sunday 7 May from 10am - 5pm (last entry 4.30pm*) for visitors to:

Experience being in the home and away players' dressing rooms
See our Tottenham Hotspur Hall of Fame
Line-up in the players' tunnel
Take pictures of the pitch from the technical area
Sit in the Manager's chair

Visitors can move at their own pace through the areas and there will be plenty of photo opportunities for you to share!"

It's almost as if they're fitting in a last minute opportunity to tour the old place before...

Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #33602
sideways91

Likes (Received): 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJG View Post
Just got an email from the club about a "one week only" self guided stadium tour of WHL:

"For one week only, White Hart Lane will be open for self-guided tunnel tours - no need to book, just head to the Spurs Megastore and purchase your ticket at the till!

The Lane will be open Monday 1 May until Sunday 7 May from 10am - 5pm (last entry 4.30pm*) for visitors to:

Experience being in the home and away players' dressing rooms
See our Tottenham Hotspur Hall of Fame
Line-up in the players' tunnel
Take pictures of the pitch from the technical area
Sit in the Manager's chair

Visitors can move at their own pace through the areas and there will be plenty of photo opportunities for you to share!"

It's almost as if they're fitting in a last minute opportunity to tour the old place before...
Ooh, interesting. Not seen the email yet, did they say how much? Might have to take my boy over there for a look around.
sideways91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM   #33603
EJG

Likes (Received): 3719

They didn't mention the prices in the email but I just checked on the web site:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/stad.../tunnel-tours/

Adults - £20
One Hotspur Adult Members - £13.50
Senior Citizens - £11
Juniors - £9
One Hotspur Junior Members - Free
Family tickets (two Adults and two Juniors) - £47.50

sideways91 liked this post
EJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM   #33604
HotspurSam

Likes (Received): 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieed View Post
Agreed, as on Monday there were 5 seats left in the East sky lounge and (I think) the West sky lounge was fully sold out.

They're now pushing the Loges, which run at £250k for the 25 seater and £44k for the 4 seater. So that's £750k commitment for the 25 seater as you have to sign up for 3 seasons. Crazy!
Crazy or not they will all be sold I'm sure

Stevieed liked this post
HotspurSam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM   #33605
HotspurSam

Likes (Received): 587

Yes, that's Paxton Square and Paxton House area, including the renovation of Percy and Dial Houses.. phase 1 of 2 of the Northern Terrace project
HotspurSam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #33606
Astonman87

Likes (Received): 157

It's clear from the steel work on the west stand that the west stand terracing is going to be a fair bit lower then that of the north stand.
Which I take it means the East terracing will be lower too.

Pellshekk liked this post
Astonman87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM   #33607
THFC_Dan

Likes (Received): 1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieed View Post
Agreed, as on Monday there were 5 seats left in the East sky lounge and (I think) the West sky lounge was fully sold out.

They're now pushing the Loges, which run at £250k for the 25 seater and £44k for the 4 seater. So that's £750k commitment for the 25 seater as you have to sign up for 3 seasons. Crazy!
To an individual, those would indeed be crazy prices - well, unless you were of a high net worth. However, those lounges are really targeted towards commercial interest and in particular hospitality and event companies who would resell it as an experience. The 25 seater breaks down to roughly £420 a seat, based on 24 home games. I worked for a company a few years back which had a 6-seat table permanently booked at the Emirates which they used for client introductions and there was probably 6 such tables in the room. All were full.

Stevieed liked this post
THFC_Dan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM   #33608
Wine Gum

Likes (Received): 1449

A few more planning applications have gone in:

1. Approval of details pursuant to condition 3 (Portacabins) attached to planning permission HGY/2015/3002
http://www.planningservices.haringey...et?PKID=308181

2. Approval of details pursuant to condition A12 (Interim Landscape and Meanwhile Use scheme) attached to planning permission HGY/2015/3000
http://www.planningservices.haringey...et?PKID=308719

3. Change of use, restoration and repair works and the erection of a single-storey rear extension to permit a multifunctional, flexible occupation (Sui Generis) to include a mix of uses within Use Classes D1, A3 and B1; demolition of a rear wall structure; associated hard and soft landscaping; and other ancillary works
http://www.planningservices.haringey...et?PKID=309016

4. Listed Building Consent for change of use, restoration and repair works and the erection of a single-storey rear extension to permit a multifunctional, flexible occupation (Sui Generis) to include a mix of uses within Use Classes D1, A3 and B1; demolition of a rear wall structure; associated hard and soft landscaping; and other ancillary works
http://www.planningservices.haringey...et?PKID=309017

5. Non-material amendment following a grant of planning permission HGY/2015/3000: proposed removal of 90 day restriction (Condition D16) to allow operation of hotel serviced apartments as C3, rather than C1 Use Class. Consequential amendments to Conditions A4, A7 and D1.
http://www.planningservices.haringey...et?PKID=308860

superted4, EJG, glennamy, JimB, LAYiddo liked this post

Last edited by Wine Gum; Yesterday at 09:44 PM.
Wine Gum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #33609
Halitosis

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonman87 View Post
It's clear from the steel work on the west stand that the west stand terracing is going to be a fair bit lower then that of the north stand.
Which I take it means the East terracing will be lower too.
I guess if the roof-line is consistent (latest plans show it only rises at the south stand) and the sky bars need to fit on the east and west then the terrace wont quite reach the same height.
For me (and especially with the absence of vomitories on its middle tier) the North Stand possibly looks more imposing than any other.
Or maybe I'm thinking that because its the only one built...

Pellshekk liked this post
Halitosis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM   #33610
Bofrok

Likes (Received): 144

Something happening on Cam 2 by Wanyama and what is thought to be a derrick crane.
Bofrok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM   #33611
Bofrok

Likes (Received): 144

These were heading in the direction of the North Stand and on Stream 1 have now been lifted over to the opposite side.
Bofrok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM   #33612
Cadgey101

Likes (Received): 19

the cockerel slabs?
Cadgey101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #33613
Akhilleus

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
I guess if the roof-line is consistent (latest plans show it only rises at the south stand) and the sky bars need to fit on the east and west then the terrace wont quite reach the same height.
For me (and especially with the absence of vomitories on its middle tier) the North Stand possibly looks more imposing than any other.
Or maybe I'm thinking that because its the only one built...
It looks like it. The curving of the rake in the South Stand really lessens it.

They should have designed it like the Hoover Dam. More capacity and WAAAAY more intimidating.
Quote:

LAYiddo liked this post
Akhilleus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:22 AM   #33614
JimB

Likes (Received): 3629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza. View Post
Having looked through the overhead shots. I'm putting in for redundancy. lol

Excellent photo's
Application denied.

You will see out your contract which runs until end of August 2018.
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 AM   #33615
JimB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJG View Post
A mere thirty-nine aerial photos from Spurs this month!

I hope posting this many in one go is okay (and if anyone replies to this and quotes all thirty-nine photos just to add "Great shots!"..... )
Thanks for posting but, for future reference, the SSC recommendation is that no more than 10 photos are included in any one post - mainly for the benefit of those accessing the forum on slower devices. Otherwise, if there are lots of other posts with lots of pictures in them, it can mean that the page loads very slowly (or not at all) by the time its twentieth post is added.

Old Today, 12:32 AM   #33616
JimB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilleus View Post
They should have designed it like the Hoover Dam. More capacity and WAAAAY more intimidating.
Yep. And would have given new meaning to the old cliche of the crowd sucking the ball into the net.
Old Today, 01:15 AM   #33617
Pellshekk

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted4 View Post
That's Percy house. It's a listed building been renovated and extended specifically to give the Tottenham foundation a HQ on the high road. Should be completed early 2018. The Paxton building will north slightly behind and to right (as on that photo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotspurSam View Post
Yes, that's Paxton Square and Paxton House area, including the renovation of Percy and Dial Houses.. phase 1 of 2 of the Northern Terrace project

This is great. I knew that area was in the wider development plan, but didn't know we'd already started on it.
Pellshekk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:21 AM   #33618
Akhilleus

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Yep. And would have given new meaning to the old cliche of the crowd sucking the ball into the net.
Noooooooo you didn't just write that ahahahaha
Akhilleus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
england, football, populous, soccer, tottenham