daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > Projects and Construction > Project News and Updates > Private Residential Projects

Private Residential Projects under 30 floors

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 7th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #1
IMC

Likes (Received): 0

[COMPLETED] D9 | River Valley - Martinplace Residences, Martin No 38, [email protected] Yam, Vivace

hi guys,

anyone know much abt this devt ? heard it is selling between $1800 - 2300 psf. is this a good buy for the area ? would this be a pure residential or mixed devt as somewhat confused by the signboard showing boutiques stating "paris, milan ...". believe this is the former en-bloc far east mansion site. thanks.
IMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #2
landlubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMC View Post
hi guys,

anyone know much abt this devt ? heard it is selling between $1800 - 2300 psf. is this a good buy for the area ? would this be a pure residential or mixed devt as somewhat confused by the signboard showing boutiques stating "paris, milan ...". believe this is the former en-bloc far east mansion site. thanks.
One word of caution - it's directly across from the buddhist lodge, so the street there can get pretty congested during festivals. Not sure how noisy it will be either.

Otherwise i think it's a pretty good location within a few minutes walk of robertson quay.
landlubber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 07:58 AM   #3
Pengui
Tallest on his iceberg

Likes (Received): 6

How many floors in this development?
Pengui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #4
eighth8

Who's the developer?
Old February 10th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #5
arthur
Savills Realtor

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighth8 View Post
Who's the developer?
centrepoint
Old February 11th, 2008, 04:34 AM   #6
tyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengui View Post
How many floors in this development?
There's more info on the website http://www.martinplace.sg/

I think it's 33 floors.
tyche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 05:51 AM   #7
IMC

thanks, guys. i went into the website and realised that those advertisements are quite misleading ... the so called "paris, milan ..." means dining nearby. this totally contradicts to my hearsay of a mixed devt. btw, the devt is building a new road called martinplace rd that cuts to river valley close from kim yam road. think this is to avoid the kim yam road stretch to project a more upmarket feel as condo access is via martinplace rd. it is a single block devt that should have a nice city view (though partially blocked by urbana). competition should be from allgreen 1 devorshire. good to see how the two developers fight it out for investors. there is also the former belle vue site (bought by wingtai) ready for launch this year ... guess all waiting for some positive news among all gloom like f1.
IMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 08:00 AM   #8
tyche

Wonder if the new road is built by the developer or Govt? I think there has been a plan all the while for a road to be built linking Kim Yam and River Valley Close. With this new road, it appears that there is now potential for 1 or 2 hugh vacant plots there to be developed.

As for view, I agree the view is nice. But the orchard road view may be partially blocked by Urbana, while the CBD view may be partially blocked by Kim Yam Heights.
Old March 29th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #9
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyche View Post
Wonder if the new road is built by the developer or Govt?
Very common for developers to upgrade/construct the roads fronting their development and then hand it over to LTA upon completion.
RafflesCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #10
tyche

Just want to share the views from the roof garden of a nearby condo, which should be similar to views from the higher floors of martin place residences.

View towards Orchard - site in foreground of picture

View towards CBD

Same view at night
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #11
arthur
Savills Realtor

nice skyline. should be taken from kim yam height.
Old April 29th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #12
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Fabulous views
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:37 AM   #13
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Martin No 38

SC Global to launch Martin No38

13 Aug 08

SC GLOBAL will launch Martin No 38 next month at an average price close to $2,000 per square foot.

The company said in a statement yesterday that the 91-unit development in Martin Road, near Mohammed Sultan Road and Clarke Quay, will mostly comprise one-plus-one bedroom and two-bedroom apartments ranging from 969-1,130 sq ft. There will be a limited number of larger two-plus-one and three-bedroom apartments, ranging from 1,335-1,485 sq ft.

Knight Frank director (research and consultancy) Nicholas Mak said the pricing appears a little 'bullish' but the developer may feel the project's 'design' merits this.

A unit in nearby Robertson Blue sold recently for around $1,800 psf, he said.

And in March, it was reported that about 30 units at Martin Place Residences in Kim Yam Road sold for an average price of of about $1,800 psf after discounts.

SC Global is best known for developing high-end niche projects. And according to its chairman and chief executive officer Simon Cheong: 'There is always room for the right product. Martin No 38, with the SC Global reputation for quality, will be unique and original. We are confident it will be well received.'

The development is designed by award-winning architect Kerry Hill. It is based on warehouse lofts in New York and London and features high ceilings and seamless interior spaces.

SC Global says: 'An austere and beguiling industrial aestheticism pervades the details of this development, from the blackened tap fittings to the sheet-metal panels in the bathrooms, with their exposed bolt heads, unplastered interior concrete walls, exposed plywood edges of the cabinetry and acres of unvarnished timber.'

SC Global bought the site in 1999 but deferred development until the area had 'rejuvenated itself and the context for this housing concept became ripe'.

SC Global projects under construction include The Marq on Paterson Hill and Hilltops at Cairnhill. The group has a landbank of more than 1.1 million sq ft of gross floor area in the Orchard Road and at Sentosa Cove.

By ARTHUR SIM
Business Times
Old August 13th, 2008, 06:29 AM   #14
blackghost

are these units all loft design? if there are, then will be nice. by the way, is this project FH?
blackghost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #15
bigbird72

Yes. It is FH. It is formerly warehouse. I think Simon Cheong's family own the older warehouse land before injecting into SC Global.

My dream is to live in industrial-looking lofts in NY. Esp those with cargo lift type. Damn cool, man. But not willingly to pay $2k psf for a dream YET.
bigbird72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #16
Passion

This LifeStyle guru certainly is setting another benchmark.

Will he emerge triumph this round with his Bistro and professionally managed Gym within a 91 units apartment? Any doubt his abilities in resuscitating S'pore real estate next month?
Passion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #17
landlubber

Good try to sell cool and reduce construction cost ("unplastered interior concrete walls") at the same time.

this is definitely a high risk project. Part of the joy of living in a converted warehouse a la NY/ London is the large expanse of space in the apartment. You are not going to get that in a 1485 sqft 3-bedder.
landlubber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 05:18 AM   #18
shctaw
余博士

The site is Hock Giap Warehouse previously.

I believe it is FH, Martin Edge is FH and it just in next to 38 Martin.

Walking distant to Buddhist Lodge for free Lunch & Dinner after paying hefty $2000 psf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackghost View Post
are these units all loft design? if there are, then will be nice. by the way, is this project FH?

Why buy something that is as good as gold when you can just buy gold? - shctaw

Gold and silver cure sleeping disorder. - shctaw

Last edited by shctaw; August 14th, 2008 at 05:25 AM.
shctaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 05:36 AM   #19
blackghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by shctaw View Post
The site is Hock Giap Warehouse previously.

I believe it is FH, Martin Edge is FH and it just in next to 38 Martin.

Walking distant to Buddhist Lodge for free Lunch & Dinner after paying hefty $2000 psf.
free lunch, lol! you funny man! i just wondering whether here are going to be some 2 levels loft units.
blackghost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #20
shctaw
余博士

I think SC Global should name the project as "Tetris". Look just like the Tetris game.

Sure have Loft.

When come to SC Global, I always think of Lincoln Modern Loft.

Warehouse sure built Loft, more cost effective, and look more grand.

Sssshhhhhh, I think Martin Edge next door will be a steal. If buy Martin Edge do not need to eat Vegetarian food, can go to Robertson for Lobster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackghost View Post
free lunch, lol! you funny man! i just wondering whether here are going to be some 2 levels loft units.

Why buy something that is as good as gold when you can just buy gold? - shctaw

Gold and silver cure sleeping disorder. - shctaw

Last edited by shctaw; August 14th, 2008 at 07:04 AM.
shctaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: