daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > Projects and Construction > Project News and Updates > Private Residential Projects

Private Residential Projects under 30 floors

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 8th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #281
planeter

Likes (Received): 0

What are the difficult defects to rectify and what are the concerns?

For parquet and marble, is it true that if a few pieces is defected e.g. chipped, dented, many large cavities etc, replacing them may not match the color tones of surrounding, and can only be polished and patched up the corners (to camouflage the underlying defects) ...
...or if like 50% of the parquet floor is defected, is it better to stand firm and demand them to replace the whole floor, instead of their insistence to just polishing and patching up selected pieces??

Last edited by planeter; September 8th, 2010 at 08:23 AM.
planeter no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:25 AM   #282
edwin78

The main difficulty concerns the parquet flooring. There are many hollow strips around the room with a bloated patch.

Together, the total area is about 60% of the room which is hollow. However, these areas are disconnected and many of them don't seem to meet the formen 30cmx30cm criteria for a single disconncted area. So he says that they will not want to replace.

Colourwise, there are already many uneven tones in the existing flooring. But given the mould, bloated tiles, and hollow tiles, this becomes superficial and I don't even want to add to the mess by raising it as a effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeter View Post

For parquet and marble, is it true that if a few pieces is defected, replacing them may not match the color tones of surrounding, and can only be polished and patched up the corners...
...or if like 50% of the parquet floor is defected, is it better to stand firm and demand them to replace the whole floor instead of their insistent of just polishing and patching up selected pieces??
edwin78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #283
Grenzschutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeter View Post

For parquet and marble, is it true that if a few pieces is defected e.g. chipped, dented, many large cavities etc, replacing them may not match the color tones of surrounding, and can only be polished and patched up the corners (to camouflage the underlying defects) ...
...or if like 50% of the parquet floor is defected, is it better to stand firm and demand them to replace the whole floor, instead of their insistence to just polishing and patching up selected pieces??
the main concern is they know you are under time pressure, and once you move in, you will just give up cos you don't want to move your furniture around.
Grenzschutz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #284
Grenzschutz

everyday can hear my neighbour's primary sch kids tio gan.

next time they go army won't have any adaptation problems.
Grenzschutz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #285
write2koh

Quote:
they should. tempered glass does not have scratch when new. It's the improper installation (and subsequent lack of care/protection by workers) that caused the scratches . And it cannot be "rectified" by any other means. you should try to insist on changing.
I agree.

I have 3 window panels with cracks and they are the no. 1 item in my defects list. Today I just told the foreman they MUST replace them - well it has been 8 weeks since my defects list submission. I last checked the other defects have been fixed/worked on.

The foreman told me he is under pressure from his boss to get me sign off - I told him his boss can call me directly or I can spare the boss the trouble by calling him myself if his phone number is given to me.

I am not against the foreman, just want someone senior to give me some bs story and i can xxxx him upside down.

I have been very patient - only called up the foreman for the first time a few days ago, after 8 weeks.

Cheers,
write2koh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #286
write2koh

FWIW:

I just came back from the defects collection office.

I met with a Mr. Xu and he assured me my defective window panels will be replaced - it was scheduled to take place this week but their new window panels were dashed when the container truck was involved in some incident in Jurong last week - the story i cannot verify however. Apparently there are other owners told the same reason.

He has a big master list of outstanding defects for all units. I took a glance to make sure my defective window panels are listed.

I have to wait for another 4 weeks.

Cheers,
write2koh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #287
edwin78

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairymonkey View Post
No need to do anything. All rooms have built in ethernet going from the electrical cabinet to the rooms. In the electrical cabinet, the ethernet ports are next to the telephone lines. The wall socket in each room has a telephone (marked T) and Ethernet (marked D) connector. I use it at the moment to get the ethernet from one room (ADSL box) to another (Mio TV box). Later, OpenNet needs to be the electrical cabinet - there is a power point to power the interface box if needed - and no trunking is needed.
Some questions for those who have done up your place if anyone can help.

1) Where can I get the electrical plan for the unit. To see which point links to which light and so on

2) There seems to be a telephone point labelled T* in the living room and each room. Are there all seperate phone lines or a single phone line with many outlets

3) There is a point labelled D5 in the electrical cabinet. Where does this connect to.

4) Later when open net installation is done, do we have to ask the open net guys to run the open net point to the electrical cabinet. (But since the electrical cabinet is quite a distance from the door, do we have to ask the guys to trunk the wire there or can the Open net guys just put the interface at the electrical cabinet in the common area outside the unit and we use the "D5" point to connect OpenNet)
edwin78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #288
hairymonkey

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin78 View Post
Some questions for those who have done up your place if anyone can help.

1) Where can I get the electrical plan for the unit. To see which point links to which light and so on

2) There seems to be a telephone point labelled T* in the living room and each room. Are there all seperate phone lines or a single phone line with many outlets

3) There is a point labelled D5 in the electrical cabinet. Where does this connect to.

4) Later when open net installation is done, do we have to ask the open net guys to run the open net point to the electrical cabinet. (But since the electrical cabinet is quite a distance from the door, do we have to ask the guys to trunk the wire there or can the Open net guys just put the interface at the electrical cabinet in the common area outside the unit and we use the "D5" point to connect OpenNet)
1) There was an electrical plan in a pocket on the inside door of the fuse box

2) By default, it is one phone line to all rooms. If you take a second phone line, Singtel can change this (part of the new line installation).

3) For me, D5 in the cabinet goes to D5 in one of the rooms. For me, one of the data points in the 4th bedroom was marked D5 with a small sticker.

4) Good question: for me the electrical cabinet is next to the front door so there is no problem. I have no idea how this works for the units with an electrical cabinet in the centre of the unit.
hairymonkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #289
amberjune

hi all..
haven't come into here for awhile..
how's everyone problem and moving / reno etc coming along?

mine still on going n today i encountered the a/c condensor yard rain water splashed in all the way to the stove area!
called up management, ask me call contractor, contractor say not their problem, back to management. i was so angry with this merry go round thingy.

eventually management office tell me install my own window.
I was even more mad,when i demanded to get someone up to see. And she told me no need, coz they already know the problem as there are other units who already installed their own (and the suckers made me go call here n there!!!!)

i told her this is design flaw and i won't be paying for the problem they overlook. Moreover, if i install, and they tell me not within their criteria, i gotta remove????
she still refuse to send someone up to see,and talk to me about what kind of window to install, just say - make sure it matches your living room/bedroom window lor.

I nearly I&@^#%$#*((@&#%^%#^ her.
and then she tell me to write in and they will try to forward my email to the developer IF I CAN WAIT. I wonder if that's how they reply to others, and why would the others so kwai2 install their own window.???

ANyone got the same problem?
amberjune no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #290
Crazy Merlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjune View Post
hi all..
haven't come into here for awhile..
how's everyone problem and moving / reno etc coming along?

mine still on going n today i encountered the a/c condensor yard rain water splashed in all the way to the stove area!
called up management, ask me call contractor, contractor say not their problem, back to management. i was so angry with this merry go round thingy.

eventually management office tell me install my own window.
I was even more mad,when i demanded to get someone up to see. And she told me no need, coz they already know the problem as there are other units who already installed their own (and the suckers made me go call here n there!!!!)

i told her this is design flaw and i won't be paying for the problem they overlook. Moreover, if i install, and they tell me not within their criteria, i gotta remove????
she still refuse to send someone up to see,and talk to me about what kind of window to install, just say - make sure it matches your living room/bedroom window lor.

I nearly I&@^#%$#*((@&#%^%#^ her.
and then she tell me to write in and they will try to forward my email to the developer IF I CAN WAIT. I wonder if that's how they reply to others, and why would the others so kwai2 install their own window.???

ANyone got the same problem?
Hi AmberJune,
Are you still doing reno? For your problem, think you can do a blind to shield the rain water. Since the management is "bochap", you may just go ahead. If you are not sure, write them a letter. If they have no objection in 2 weeks, then you proceed. But I had heard someone's metal grilles at balcony were taken down.
Well, I have my own list of defects still waiting to be rectified. Some of the repairs were not done by skilled workers & the problems returned. On several occasions, the workers came to fix one problem but create a few new ones. Eg. While doing repair works, they spilled thinner, lacquer, paint, silicone etc. While clearing glass stains, they create deep glass scratches. While doing rooftop repair, they damaged my chenggai wood decking three times. The management is looking into my complaints but response/action is very slow. In fact, they have taken more than 2 months to "clear" my defect list but till now not more than 30% indicated on the defect list are rectified. Anyway I will pester them day & night, until they dream of my defects when they sleep.
Crazy Merlion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 06:16 AM   #291
Minority

Seems like the joint venture developer a lot of problem.
Minority no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 06:06 AM   #292
arthur
Savills Realtor

Likes (Received): 2

Moderator, this project has TOP. Kindly move this thread to the completed section. Thanks!
Old August 28th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #293
hentamkings

Noise from Airwell

Hi All Owners & Tenants of One Amber,

Do you have problems of noisy neighbors?

If you are staying in an unit sharing an airwell (the air space between 2 units), do you find it noisy even when the unit below is making noise?

I think there are alot of stacks in OA that is sharing an Airwell with another unit. just want to know if anyone else is facing the same issue with me. basically, i have to face 1. a noisy kid next door (not forgetting the shouting parent), 2. noisy adults an unit below the noisy kid, 3. a loud coughing, spitting old man below my unit and 4. someone who switch on their bedroom tv real loud 2 units below mine.

and yes, all the noise is from the airwell. hope you could share too if any. thank you
hentamkings no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #294
modernisti

Wow, seems like this condo has a lot of flaws and negatives...
modernisti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #295
amberjune

anyone gg to the AGM or joining as committee?
amberjune no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2011, 03:33 AM   #296
hentamkings

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjune View Post
anyone gg to the AGM or joining as committee?
Hi Amberjune. did u go? I didnt attend.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM   #297
DianaOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hentamkings View Post
Hi All Owners & Tenants of One Amber,

Do you have problems of noisy neighbors?

If you are staying in an unit sharing an airwell (the air space between 2 units), do you find it noisy even when the unit below is making noise?

I think there are alot of stacks in OA that is sharing an Airwell with another unit. just want to know if anyone else is facing the same issue with me. basically, i have to face 1. a noisy kid next door (not forgetting the shouting parent), 2. noisy adults an unit below the noisy kid, 3. a loud coughing, spitting old man below my unit and 4. someone who switch on their bedroom tv real loud 2 units below mine.

and yes, all the noise is from the airwell. hope you could share too if any. thank you
I've been experiencing this problem ever since TOP. My neighbour above me, Tower 9 #07-25, has this airwell.

Every now and then that noisy man will spend the whole day shouting at his kids while he tries to put them through school, from school dismissal until night time (or the whole day for weekends.) Sometimes at 1am.

He's been shouting so much that we already know their sons' names- Jason and Justin Lam. We've written directly to them and to the MC before. He's just started it again yesterday.

I'm quite sure he's been absent for a while until now. Haven't heard his shouting till yesterday but I don't believe he can hold in his horrid temper. Peace and quiet all too brief. Lam T, how about some respect!

Anyone else heard?
DianaOM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #298
hentamkings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaOM View Post
I've been experiencing this problem ever since TOP. My neighbour above me, Tower 9 #07-25, has this airwell.

Every now and then that noisy man will spend the whole day shouting at his kids while he tries to put them through school, from school dismissal until night time (or the whole day for weekends.) Sometimes at 1am.

He's been shouting so much that we already know their sons' names- Jason and Justin Lam. We've written directly to them and to the MC before. He's just started it again yesterday.

I'm quite sure he's been absent for a while until now. Haven't heard his shouting till yesterday but I don't believe he can hold in his horrid temper. Peace and quiet all too brief. Lam T, how about some respect!

Anyone else heard?
Hi Diana, Thank you for sharing.
I think I am also along the airwell of unit #25. Hope your situation has improved. Maybe you need to talk to the MC again? I dont hear his shouting though. but i heard of dog barking at night in our block (most likely).

for my side, the tenants of the noisy unit has moved out (hope the new tenant are nice people). the coughing man has cough lesser, but one of the unit will start to get noisy from 10.30pm onwards (haha yes, the whole day is fine, the "party" rock from 10.30pm.

really do not like this airwell design although it bring in air. hope they build a wall in between to cut noises.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: