daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > Projects and Construction > Project News and Updates > Private Residential Projects

Private Residential Projects under 30 floors

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 25th, 2008, 06:12 PM   #1
redstone
Lurker

Likes (Received): 52

[COMPLETED] D11 | Rochelle at Newton (27 floors)

The old Chui Huay Lim Club, an old bungalow with Chinese roof occupying a huge site beside the canal beside Amarylisville

Quote:
# Purchase of Lease for Part of 190 Keng Lee Road
Rodyk acted for Sim Lian Habitat Pte Ltd in the successful tender for the leasehold estate of 99 years in part of the land of Chui Huay Lim Club at 190 Keng Lee Road. The consideration for this purchase is S$115.8 million, and the site is intended for a condominium development. Partner Lee Liat Yeang led on this deal and was assisted by partner Low Boon Yean.
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:52 AM   #2
zkai
mckky

Likes (Received): 31

Rochelle at Newton

This development is now known as Rochelle at Newton. Single 26-storey block. Close proximity to Newton MRT.
zkai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #3
zkai
mckky

Photo of Rochelle.

BTW, redstone, where did you get that info on Chui Huay Lim Club? Been to the Rochelle site and was wondering what they are going to do with the plot next to it on the left.
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:55 AM   #4
redstone
Lurker

Likes (Received): 52

I forgot. I think it was from some construction company website. From google earth, the site you are talking about has been empty land since 2001, the oldest pics available there.
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #5
zkai
mckky

yah i saw it on google earth too. but on street directory.com chui huay lim club is all the way at the right end of keng lee rd just before the CTE flyover.

probably that's its temporary location before shifting back next to rochelle? according to ur information on 190 keng lee rd. coz rochelle's address is 188 keng lee rd.

any idea wad does chui huay lim club do anw? i tried googling it but it doesnt have a website like hokkien huay guan and the rest.
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:46 AM   #6
yoongf

Likes (Received): 0

I am guessing that the land that the clubhouse once occupied has been subdivided into 2 plots.

On the right is the new condo project, which.. is 99 yr leasehold. (I suspect is private lease, as with most other instituition-sold lands). Usually, the existing trustees will not sell outright, as this will ensure that the trustees 100 yrs down the road will have another souce of capital funds.

On the left will be the new clubhouse. Saw them doing some injection grouting into the marine clay.. seems like difficult soil condition.

The old clubhouse was a single storey wooden structure. Not a bad deal to get funds to rebuild a huge clubhouse with basement carpark.
yoongf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #7
bigbird72

Off-topic: Private lease L99 got chance to enbloc or not?

What if institutions no more? Thks.
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #8
yoongf

Private lease.. means need to go negociate with the title holder about topping up lease.. at least with the govt.. there is a formula to determine fair value.. assuming the govt got no other plans for the land. Usually private ppl are very indecisive about long term plans, and non commital.

Institutions.. maybe dormant.. nothing happening for past 30 yrs.. but that does not mean "no longer in existence".

Just like some land in Sg.. the title seach shows 2 joint owners since the 50s.. but cannot trace where they are now. Even if died, did not mention in will, so no pass on to beneficiaries. Such land will be in limbo until acquired by govt.
yoongf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #9
Pengui
Tallest on his iceberg

Likes (Received): 6

I got pics of that club house ^ ^

Pengui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #10
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Likes (Received): 107

Lovely and extremely rare shot. Is it still around?
RafflesCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #11
zkai
mckky

nope its no long around sadly..

thanks pengui for the old pics. i was there today at the site and i saw the picture of the new chui huay lim club they are building. really completely different from what is shown in ur old photo. only thing still stays is the sign board if im not wrong. wanted to take photo of the new one but didnt have camera.. next time i go i'll take and post here.

yeah its 99 yr..but not sure abt the private lease part or how that works.. other than amaryllis ville, which other condo in that area is 99 yr?

btw the developer is sim lian.. how do u guys find them? they got a few projects in the market now too.

Last edited by zkai; June 5th, 2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:12 AM   #12
zkai
mckky

i've taken some photos of the surroundings.. this place looks rly quiet and peaceful.

btw, i heard the en bloc for makeway view didnt get through in the end.. wonder what happened?
Old June 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #13
zkai
mckky

oh btw redstone, pls change the thread title to Rochelle at Newton. I'm assuming only the thread starter can change it? thanks
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #14
Minority

Anyone check this out recently ? how is it?

Wats the take up for it? Since prices are up so much if its still ard 900+psf for a 99yr now can consider cheap given far out places like TM are going for 800-900psf..... at least this is D11 and near MRT too. rental would be good.

any status update?

from URA....

ROCHELLE AT NEWTON KENG LEE ROAD Condominium 1 1,583,000 1,701 Strata 931 Jun-09
ROCHELLE AT NEWTON KENG LEE ROAD Condominium 1 1,643,000 1,744 Strata 942 Jun-09
ROCHELLE AT NEWTON KENG LEE ROAD Condominium 1 1,469,000 1,507 Strata 975 Jun-09
ROCHELLE AT NEWTON KENG LEE ROAD Condominium 1 1,800,000 1,862 Strata 967 Jun-09
ROCHELLE AT NEWTON KENG LEE ROAD Condominium 1 1,366,000 1,432 Strata 954 Jun-09
ROCHELLE AT NEWTON KENG LEE ROAD Condominium 1 1,453,000 1,507 Strata 964 Jun-09
ROCHELLE AT NEWTON KENG LEE ROAD Condominium 1 1,128,000 1,012 Strata 1,115 Jun-09

Last edited by Minority; July 30th, 2009 at 09:15 AM.
Minority no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #15
ayanami

Units that are priced at 9xx psf are indeed "cheap" given the recent run-up.
These are units below 11 floor and facing the condo behind (Amaryllis ?). And they are all sold out about 1-2 months ago when I visited the showflat.
ayanami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #16
zkai
mckky

yes.. 9xx psf indeed seems quite reasonable as compared to like amk 99 yr now at 1100+psf.

i've been to the site, as mentioned in my earlier posts. the layout is quite spacious and squarish so no wasted space. developer only launched 10 floor and below but released some above for 2 bedroom due to overwhelming response for it.

i feel the showflat doesnt do the layout justice. interior designer they hired did a poor job in selling the spaciousness it really has..
Old August 7th, 2009, 08:18 AM   #17
melodies

If AMK 99LH can sell at $1100 psf, then buying Rochelle at $9xx psf is a no-brainer (AMK is OCR, Rochelle is CCR). Buying Rochelle even at $1300 psf is still a steal vs AMK $1100 psf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkai View Post
yes.. 9xx psf indeed seems quite reasonable as compared to like amk 99 yr now at 1100+psf.

i've been to the site, as mentioned in my earlier posts. the layout is quite spacious and squarish so no wasted space. developer only launched 10 floor and below but released some above for 2 bedroom due to overwhelming response for it.

i feel the showflat doesnt do the layout justice. interior designer they hired did a poor job in selling the spaciousness it really has..
melodies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #18
colourbox

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodies View Post
If AMK 99LH can sell at $1100 psf, then buying Rochelle at $9xx psf is a no-brainer (AMK is OCR, Rochelle is CCR). Buying Rochelle even at $1300 psf is still a steal vs AMK $1100 psf!
This is the kind of psychology that chases up the market prices. Dangerous...
colourbox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #19
gosperence

Likes (Received): 8

Anything by FEO is a crap and turn me off! The Silversea & Centro.....they can keep it and sell for 10 years.....hahaha.....
I visited the showroom for Centro. Ceiling height was different from actual - exaggerated. Kitchen furnishing is cheap but they put high-end gadgets but didn't guaranteed the same. Then the balcony also exaggerated. Somemore around so many HDB, noisy, even closed window with air con still can hear MRT train passed by, and need to pay $100 every month for car park on top of maintenance fee......siao meh.....
gosperence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #20
zkai
mckky

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourbox View Post
This is the kind of psychology that chases up the market prices. Dangerous...
latest update from agents selling rochelle.

at least 65% or about 83 units sold out of 129. higher floors above 10 storey launched in phase 2 with 6% increase in price. now about 1xxxpsf average. don't think got 9xxpsf anymore.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: