daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > Projects and Construction > Project News and Updates > Private Residential Projects

Private Residential Projects under 30 floors

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2012, 07:47 AM   #241
luckee88
Luckeey

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapHook View Post
Hi Residents of Rochelle, my wife and I are looking into purchasing a unit in Rochelle for the sake of our son (primary school + 1km rule). We love the place but we have 3 concerns which I hope residents can help to give input.

1) Wet Market. What is the closest wet market and how to get there? I know it is District 11, but my mother-in-law who stays with us is particular about having "proper amenities" otherwise the place is not convenient to her. Is the closest wet marketing in Balestier ?

2) Canal in front of Rochelle. Is the canal smelly at some times of the day/weather? In my current place, we have a canal located about 800 meters away sometimes we get some smell after rain and such. Was wondering if the canal in front of Rochelle will be the same?

3) 1 single road into Rochelle from Newton Circus. From what I can see, the only road (via car) that we can use to enter Rochelle from is via Newton Circus. Newton Circus is probably busy most time of the day and crazy at rush hour. Do you drivers see any big issue with that?
Appreciate your feedback! Thanks in advance!
1) Wet Market at Cambridge Road will be reopenned soon.
2) Not smelly at all
3) Quite ok, staying at Newton is very convenient, and you can walk your son to schools every day.
luckee88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #242
luckee88
Luckeey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 282man View Post
I think so.

http://app.mewr.gov.sg/web/Contents/...px?ContId=1462

I am the big fan of this project. So, it sounds biased. So, please think through whether it meets your criteria objectively and make a right decision. Only downside I have is facility. Swimiing pool is bit small. But, I like the layout, balcony, view, ventilation (very windy). Many of my friends really envy me when they visit my unit for house warming party. I turned on air conditioner almost whole day in previous condo. I don't know why, but it's so cool in this unti, I haven't turned on air conditioner for a month. So, my electrocity bill became half.
I hope too, but with the thomson underground highway beside united square, and plans to convert newton circus into X junction, plans can be changed going forward. Let's monitor this closely
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #243
282man

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckee88 View Post
I hope too, but with the thomson underground highway beside united square, and plans to convert newton circus into X junction, plans can be changed going forward. Let's monitor this closely
In either case, Thomson underdround or Newton circus X junction, it should work preferably to our project, no? As I am not Singaporean, it's very difficult to reconcile the facts into the implication to my property. What's your perspective?
282man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 01:47 PM   #244
luckee88
Luckeey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 282man View Post
In either case, Thomson underdround or Newton circus X junction, it should work preferably to our project, no? As I am not Singaporean, it's very difficult to reconcile the facts into the implication to my property. What's your perspective?
If they convert the frontage to a nice canal which is part of the plan, then the value of the property will increase. However, I m not sure how the roads interconnect going to change in 2015-2018, it more cars travel thru the roads, will the roads be widened, then it becomes noisier. Anyway, the project for underground highway only starts in 2015 with entrance beside United Square.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #245
Jetski250

Just got keys

Hi just got keys to my unit. Moving in by mid mar after Reno. Quite excited!

Happy to meet future neighbors here.

Was at the chl club next door for dinner on a sat night some weeks ago and they had some function there with Keng lee road quite jammed up with cars queuing to go into the club. Hope that is not a frequent issue and like to hear from you.
Jetski250 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #246
luckee88
Luckeey

The club has associated members from business clan, teochews, and ministers/MPs. Normally there is not enough carparks (even got 3 basements), and they parked beside the roads during festive period. But not every weekend.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #247
luckee88
Luckeey

Anyway congrats to your new home!
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #248
Jetski250

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckee88 View Post
The club has associated members from business clan, teochews, and ministers/MPs. Normally there is not enough carparks (even got 3 basements), and they parked beside the roads during festive period. But not every weekend.
Glad to know it's not every weekend!
Jetski250 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: