daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > Projects and Construction > Project News and Updates > Private Residential Projects

Private Residential Projects under 30 floors

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old May 27th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Jedimaster06

Likes (Received): 0

[COMPLETED] D9 | Sophia Residence (272 units) - GuocoLand

May 27, 2009 - Press Release

GuocoLand receives a BCA Green Mark Platinum Award for
Sophia Residence

- Lush green features including 200 metres of roof garden, one of the
longest in Singapore
- Extensive green features translating into energy and water savings
- Consecutive BCA Green Mark Platinum Award won by GuocoLand

Interesting project springing up soon at Mount Sophia. Wonder which landscape artist has Guocoland engaged for the roof garden?

Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #2
ray.97727777

Sophia Residences (D9, FH, GuocoLand)

Hi Home Upgraders, Property Investors,

NEW Condo Launching (Tentative July 2009)!!! - Sophia Residence

Sophia Residence an upcoming quality residential development is nestled within the prime residential enclave of Mount Sophia in District 9.

Sophia Residence has won the prestigious BCA Green Mark Platinum Award for its eco-friendly
features:
- Lush green features including 200 metres of roof garden, one of the longest in Singapore
- Extensive green features translating into energy and water savings

Located in the heart of Singapore’s Arts and Cultural District, Sophia Residence is in a vibrant live, learn, work and play community.

Sophia Residence strikes the perfect balance between arts and commerce, business and pleasure, with a variety of museums, top arts schools, the Singapore Management University, Orchard shopping malls,cafes and restaurants all within one square mile.

The site is equally close to lushly landscaped public open spaces such as the Istana Park, Bras Basah Park and Fort Canning Park; providing a wide choice of options for relaxation, leisure and recreation.

The Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station, serving the North-South Line, North-East Line and the future Circle Line is also within walking distance, giving quick access to the Central Business District at Raffles Place in less than five minutes.

=============================================
Interested buyers who would like to be updated with more information (e.g. launch date, site plan, psf est, floor plan etc) and/or for preview, I can be reach at 9772-7777. Or email at [email protected]

Note that I can help to secure choice units for this development.

Or if anyone require assistance on any property related matters, I can be of help and can be reach at the same number mentioned above.

I assure you service of the highest quality that you may have difficulty finding in this industry.

I look forward to hear from and serve you.

Thank you.
ray.97727777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #3
arthur
Savills Realtor

Likes (Received): 2

if i am not wrong the preview is 3rd july...
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #4
overlorden

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur View Post
if i am not wrong the preview is 3rd july...
who is marketing this for guoco?
overlorden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #5
surfers_

How much psf?
surfers_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #6
Minority

saw this from other sites

Minority no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:21 AM   #7
infinity88
Relax for Healthy Life

Life is great with internet!
infinity88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:37 AM   #8
Jedimaster06

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfers_ View Post
How much psf?
THE ERA Agents should be marketing this project and it appears to be priced in the range of $1600psf. The one and two bedders should be easliy gone before the launch I believe. It will be interesting how the majority of the 3 bedders move with a much higher absolute outlay of $1.65mil approx. up.
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:55 AM   #9
Minority

gosh......1650psf...... 2K soon boy... looks like have to start looking at pulau ubin for a place to stay.
Old July 1st, 2009, 05:52 PM   #10
surfers_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimaster06 View Post
THE ERA Agents should be marketing this project and it appears to be priced in the range of $1600psf. The one and two bedders should be easliy gone before the launch I believe. It will be interesting how the majority of the 3 bedders move with a much higher absolute outlay of $1.65mil approx. up.
Wow, this is much higher than the $1400 psf which I expected. Looks like I have to give this project a miss now.
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:15 PM   #11
SonofaDude

Is this where Sophia Court used to be?
SonofaDude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:59 AM   #12
arthur
Savills Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofaDude View Post
Is this where Sophia Court used to be?
affirmative!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:18 AM   #13
liveartz

Looks like a new benchmark for Singapore property has been set - mid to high end (not even the super-luxury) is easily $1500psf. What's notable is how the supply are easily met with demand during this recession / economically-troubled time.

Regardless of whether this rally is led by foreign fund or local retail investors, it's still a rally. That we can't deny. Those who are still waiting for price to drop, be prepared to wait long long. Our local homeowners are known to be really sticky of price. They would rather hold at a loss than sell cheap.
liveartz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:09 PM   #14
Price Observer

its not a new benchmark right? in 2007, even wilkie studios (CDL) was launched and sold at 1700psf and that's a few streets down the road. i guess we can classify sophia residences as high end/luxury (but not super luxury).

I am waiting for price to drop and i am prepared to wait long long. Let's see in a few years time whether our local owners really have the ability to hold at a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveartz View Post
Looks like a new benchmark for Singapore property has been set - mid to high end (not even the super-luxury) is easily $1500psf. What's notable is how the supply are easily met with demand during this recession / economically-troubled time.

Regardless of whether this rally is led by foreign fund or local retail investors, it's still a rally. That we can't deny. Those who are still waiting for price to drop, be prepared to wait long long. Our local homeowners are known to be really sticky of price. They would rather hold at a loss than sell cheap.
Price Observer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:34 AM   #15
Minority

price is out of reached.... but looked really dense... and most of the greenery are on the roof. and both side would have building blocking some of the view.... hmm... still its so near town.
Old July 4th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #16
overlorden

NOMU sold for $1650 psf so not surprising this is same pricing but with full facilities. I guess if Somerset can hit $1.9-2.0k PSF then shouldn't be so much discount for Dhoby Ghaut. At the end of the day, still Orchard Road...

DTZ told me they were marketing agent - you mean joint with ERA?
overlorden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #17
melodies

As far as I know, there is always significance difference in transacted price between those properties near Dhoby Ghaut (mainly the Mt Sophia area) and those near the Somerset MRT station. Both along Orchard Road, but different pricing per se historically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlorden View Post
NOMU sold for $1650 psf so not surprising this is same pricing but with full facilities. I guess if Somerset can hit $1.9-2.0k PSF then shouldn't be so much discount for Dhoby Ghaut. At the end of the day, still Orchard Road...

DTZ told me they were marketing agent - you mean joint with ERA?
melodies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 08:37 AM   #18
surfers_

I was at Vista Residence yesterday and I was told by an ERA agent that Sophia Residence could be looking at launching for $1800 psf and above. Since somerset area is already at $1900-$2000 psf, there may be some true to it.
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #19
melodies

My take is: If Sophia Residence can sell at $1800 psf, then Somerset area can sell at >=$2200 psf (usually a $400-500 psf or more difference).

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfers_ View Post
I was at Vista Residence yesterday and I was told by an ERA agent that Sophia Residence could be looking at launching for $1800 psf and above. Since somerset area is already at $1900-$2000 psf, there may be some true to it.
melodies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 07:31 AM   #20
Minority

then rivervalley can become > $2000 liao since its closer to the shopping belt and more nicer area....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: