SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Which design do you prefer?

• The KSS design

Votes: 80 16.0%
  • The Populous design

Votes: 420 84.0%

LONDON - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium / New White Hart Lane (62,850)

26M views 91K replies 1K participants last post by  sonicyouth 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Tottenham Hotspur FC

2x League:
1951, 1961

8x Cup:
1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967,
1981, 1982, 1991

4x League Cup:
1971, 1973, 1999, 2008

7x Supercup:
1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, 1967,
1981, 1991

1x UEFA Cup Winners' Cup:

2x UEFA Europa League:
1972, 1984

See less See more
#6 ·
With the helpt of Sketchuo
1st tier: 18° (22 rows)
2nd tier: 29° (14 rows, Maybe Business seats tier)
3rd tier: 32° (31-32 rows)

#8 ·
I think its like in Istanbul
Its hard to find a empty ground in the near of the old Stadium.

#9 ·
As I look at the drawings it´s nice design, but nothing original. If i see it good it will be the same height all around.
They will have to come up with something better if they want to replace the WHL stadium, which is legendary for it´s beauty (MOP)
I´d rather see an extension of the allready excisting stadium.

#14 ·
Couple of points / queries about this:

- the top picture shows an underground car park. I thought that, under new UK anti terrorism measures, major public buildings and sporting venues would not be allowed underground car parks because of security risks. Am I right in saying that the Emirates has no underground car park for precisely that reason?

- Spurs chairman, Daniel Levy, has said that Spurs are still considering three or four different options. If that's true, then this may not even be the preferred option.

- I can see that the lower image supposedly comes from the Haringey website but is the more revealing top image from the same source?

- I can't see how anyone can describe the plans as boring on the basis of these plans. They tell us very little about the look of the stadium (and even less about the materials), other than that the stands will surround the pitch.

- where does the figure of 60,000 come from? The last reports we heard suggested that Spurs were aiming for a capacity of 52,000. Has someone done calculations based on these new plans?

Have to say that I can't wait until Spurs do finally reveal their plans in the first half of next year. The club needs and deserves a world class stadium.

#16 ·
From the Section I count
26 rows lower
11 mid
2 suite
31 upper
Which would be 70 rows, so it looks like a good 60,000 in those plans if my count is close.
My comment about being potentially boring is mostly about the bowl itself, which is another three teir all the way around very uniform, personally something a little more inventive would be nice, although with a tight site like that I can understand a plan like that.
Final renders should be fun to see, even if it will be a little while.

#17 ·
I found these two very basic renders, though I have no idea whether they might just be amateur mock ups on the basis of the plans above. If these are genuine, though, you'd have to say that the new WHL won't have a great deal of architectural merit. And I don't like the look of the gap between the pitch and the stands. Hopefully, they will be able to widen / lengthen the pitch to get closer to the stands, since the current WHL pitch is on the small side:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6645/newwhl1lo2.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9371/newwhl2yk1.jpg

Sorry, can't seem to post the actual pictures on here. Maybe someone else....?

#18 ·
From the Section I count
26 rows lower
11 mid
2 suite
31 upper
Which would be 70 rows, so it looks like a good 60,000 in those plans if my count is close.
My comment about being potentially boring is mostly about the bowl itself, which is another three teir all the way around very uniform, personally something a little more inventive would be nice, although with a tight site like that I can understand a plan like that.
Final renders should be fun to see, even if it will be a little while.
Maybe the 3rd tier will be a "LAOla" one like Da luz or Emirates

#20 ·
JimB, those renders were done by a Spurs fan based on the above image. They are a mock-up, nothing more.
Just to clarify:

Do you know that to be a fact?

Or is it simply your educated opinion?

I can't decide whether they are genuine or not. Obviously, they are very basic renders. But there is enough detail and complexity in them to believe that they are beyond being the work of a mere gifted amateur.