daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Tampa Bay Area > Skyway Lounge

Skyway Lounge Discussions about the Tampa Bay area community.... news, nightlife, attractions, sports, events, etc.

Old December 31st, 2007, 02:04 AM   #1
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Likes (Received): 636

Outback Bowl 2008

Outback Bowl attracts thousands to Bay area
Sunday, December 30, 2007

Bay Area (Bay News 9) -- The Outback Bowl is attracting thousands of fans to the Bay area the weekend before the big game.

The Wisconsin Badgers will face the Tennessee Volunteers New Year's Day at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.

Convention bureaus can't give out estimates on how many people are in the area to cheer on their team, but they will be able to soon.

For the first time ever, a Visit St. Petersburg/ Clearwater research firm will track overnight Bowl visitors.

That's because one of the events, Outback Bowl Beach Day on Clearwater Beach, has become more popular over the years.

Kickoff time is 11 a.m.

The game will be aired on ESPN.

Tennessee played in the Outback Bowl last year against Penn State and lost 20 to 10. The last time Wisconsin played in a bowl game in Tampa was in 2005, they lost to Georgia 24 to 21.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2...ds+to+Bay+area
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 31st, 2007, 05:22 PM   #2
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Likes (Received): 636

Good luck to the two teams.

I probably won't watch this game too much. I'll be focused on the Gators...among other things.
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 11:03 PM   #3
Urbanite

Likes (Received): 2

I went to the Outback Bowl parade on Friday. it was pretty good and a very big tourist draw to Ybor. the streets were packed with people representing Wisconsin and Tennessee.
Urbanite no está en línea   Reply With Quote